Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

And then I lose all my saved games. For a second time, as I had to do something similar early last year. And if there's one thing I hate more than anything when it comes to video gaming, it's starting all the way back at the beginning after spending (wasting?) all that time building up levels or accomplishing this that or the other thing.
If it makes you feel any better, we just had this happen to us. In the beginning of November, and again 5 weeks later, both of our PS3s burnt out mid-game. We had 3 games that we had put in 30+ hours each that we hadn't finished, not to mention all the info and old trophies from others. My husband played Dr. Frankenstein trying to get them to turn back on long enough to get the saves onto a thumb drive, including replacing the heat pads and all sorts of other "surgeries". We just got the last bit of saves last night. :confused:

My uncle was from Breezy Point so I know what you are saying man. It has been crap here in the twin cities too

-24 C here (feels like -34 with windchill). That's -11 F.

And what did the New Years Baby give me? Why, a total PS3 system restore, wiping all my games, in order to clear out whatever corruption was in the hard drive.

Anyone want to replay all the games I just lost? :(

-14C (7F) and -22C (-6F) with the wind. It's going to be a bit warmer tomorrow, then it's going to plummet to a Ragnarok-style hell.

I'll be training doomweasels against the ice giants next week. Come watch.

Today I learned what "volcanic smog," or "vog" is. Neat.
This is a little forecast page from the University of Hawaii that shows the vog predictions for the big island and the rest of the chain of islands. Click on any of the maps to animate the prediction for the next 36 hours or so. The two stars on the maps are the active volcanoes. It used to be a bit better, but they lost funding.

This is a little forecast page from the University of Hawaii that shows the vog predictions for the big island and the rest of the chain of islands. Click on any of the maps to animate the prediction for the next 36 hours or so. The two stars on the maps are the active volcanoes. It used to be a bit better, but they lost funding.
I'm glad I just have to deal with ice giants.

And then I lose all my saved games. For a second time, as I had to do something similar early last year. And if there's one thing I hate more than anything when it comes to video gaming, it's starting all the way back at the beginning after spending (wasting?) all that time building up levels or accomplishing this that or the other thing.
Wouldn't you be losing them anyway? I'm saying if you're set on just having a Blu-Ray player, save yourself the money and just use the PS3 as one when it finishes this.

My wife says we can't get any more rats because she wants to get a house someday.

So my choices are to either get revenge for 2009's "hamster surprise" or break it to her that it's more likely we'll be living in a van down by the river than be able to afford a house in this part of Maryland.

Wouldn't you be losing them anyway? I'm saying if you're set on just having a Blu-Ray player, save yourself the money and just use the PS3 as one when it finishes this.
I guess my thinking is if I switched to just a BluRay player, I wouldn't be at least tempted to play the games I could play.

Haven't seen snow or freezing yet. Which is odd. But seasons have been coming "late" for a few years now, here, so we'll probably see snow in april or may again...

49°F right now. The high was 72°F.[DOUBLEPOST=1388725358,1388724798][/DOUBLEPOST]I see someone hit the disagree button.

28°F here, fucking Georgia :mad:

May not sound like much, but I have to keep my cold-blooded carburated bike outside, and it's my only mode of transportation.

The downside of being the fan of a webcomic that has its own forums: Strip commentary in said forum is on a day-to-day basis. First person in is supposed to create the thread for the day when it's posted.

We had three people post the same thread at the SAME TIME. Including someone else who posts on this forum. (glares at Cheesy)

I haz sowwy! :(

I checked RIGHT before I hit the submit button too, to make sure that wouldn't happen. Then I logged off as soon as I did, so I didn't see the chaos until I checked again a few minutes later.

Cajungal

Staff member
Mrrrauuugnhggghhhh. I'm in a pity pool tonight. All these girls I graduated with are taking parent or rich husband-financed vacations to exotic locations... And I'm staying in to save money.

Don't get me wrong; a quiet night in with the fella is a damn good time. But some days I feel like a sucker. Four years to get good at a career that guarantees a piss poor salary and absurd word hours. Bah, at least I'm doing things on my own like I wanted. That actually makes me really proud. But still... My old screw-up pal is eating sushi in japan right now, goddamnit. I know she's probably also stressed about how she plans to make money once her grandpa gets sick of supporting her, but damnit, that is not what I'm focusing on right now.

Pity wine.

They are now talking about wind chills this next week down into the -50 range.

Celsius, Fahrenheit, whatever - you get down to Fifty-Below and it's too cold to do ANYTHING.

28°F here, fucking Georgia :mad:

May not sound like much, but I have to keep my cold-blooded carburated bike outside, and it's my only mode of transportation.
Wooo guess who's bike didn't start this morning, even after I performed all the warming rituals to appease the Machine Spirit? Love being late to work, balls. I'm getting a bicycle soon.