Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

My house has literally never been cleaner (just did a bunch of renos and cleaning) than it is now and suddenly I'm having to deal with an infestation of house flies, they're fucking everywhere. I even checked my crawlspace and attic in case something crawled in here and died. I cannot find any reason that they would be so numerous.

Can't blog. I don't know why, I just...I just can't. What's worse is that I've started writing two stories, both of which are filling out in my head, but I have no time to put words to file.

Sheesh.

In about a month, I'll have ladybirds all over my house. I found that if I put out raisins for them, I can keep them in one room of my house and I don't wake up with them dancing on my face.

Ladybugs, for your southern friends. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coccinellidae

I'm surprised your weasels don't feast on them. If you have extras, send them down here - we could use some ladybugs to get rid of garden pests.
If you really want, I'll fill up a few boxes of them and send them to you when they come out. You may not be pleased though. They look like regular lady bugs, and most people call them that, but they aren't. At least what we get are multicolored asian lady bugs.

These foul creatures will flock to the sides of your house in the thousands, and find any little opening they can to get in. Once they are, there is no getting rid of them all. Besides being annoying, they stink something fierce, so you can't vacuum them up unless you want to deal with your house smelling horrible too. They also pack a nasty bite, and leave nice little trails consisting of their own blood on your walls. They also congregate in corners and boxes and wherever they can huddle together in your garage. Staining and ruining anything they can get into.

Yes, your window sills can look like this too!
ladybug-infestation6.jpg

I hates them all.

Buy some cheap, fruity wine and leave a bottle or two open over night. Bugs crawl in there, and then... Well they die happy, I'm sure. Then pour out the sludge in your compost or whatever.

I have grass hoppers that are bigger than my thumb... with the black widows, W.A.S.P.S. (East Texas,) wasps, fire ants, love bugs (it is like the apocalypse during their breeding season,) every manor of bee... mosquitoes...

I bloody live in a jungle...

Here in Florida, all we get are mosquitoes. But they're the size of eagles.
It may not be Florida swamp, but a big chunk of Alberta is a God damn swamp too. We got mosquitoes to spare.

I actually did what Chad suggested, except with fruit juice. I should taken a picture. It was disgusting.

Fell on my bike, scraped up my hands and got a bump on my leg that I am glad to find out wasn't bleeding. On the plus side after a day of biking beer tastes EXTRA good.

It may not be Florida swamp, but a big chunk of Alberta is a God damn swamp too. We got mosquitoes to spare.

I actually did what Chad suggested, except with fruit juice. I should taken a picture. It was disgusting.
I did that once with red wine to capture fruit flies after...forgetting a box of fruit that was sitting under an old backpack that I wasn't using at the time. One day, I spied the box, lifted the backpack and an swarm of flies came right at my face. I tried to shop-vac some of the away, but they were too numerous. So, I got two or three cups of red wine, and added a little bit of soap to break the surface tension because I discovered some of the flies were floating on the wine and climbing back up the side. After a couple of days each cup had a bed of fly corpses that nearly made me vomit.

I did that once with red wine to capture fruit flies after...forgetting a box of fruit that was sitting under an old backpack that I wasn't using at the time. One day, I spied the box, lifted the backpack and an swarm of flies came right at my face. I tried to shop-vac some of the away, but they were too numerous. So, I got two or three cups of red wine, and added a little bit of soap to break the surface tension because I discovered some of the flies were floating on the wine and climbing back up the side. After a couple of days each cup had a bed of fly corpses that nearly made me vomit.
I have found that this works ok for mosquitoes as well. Mosquitoes love to lay their eggs in standing water. If you put out a good-sized container (like a small tub) with about 6in of water in it but add soap to break the surface tension, you can drown mosquitoes by the gross.

--Patrick

I have learned a lesson in meeting people from the internet that I won't soon forget.
I'm pretty sure this rates a hug, if you're still willing to accept hugs from a random stranger on the internet who selfrepresents as an owl (note for any HFer who might one day meet me: I am not actually an owl)

I have learned a lesson in meeting people from the internet that I won't soon forget.
What we choose to present to the world is pretty much never "the whole story," and you should always bring this attitude to any IRL meeting. For instance, the fact that I am a great guy on the Internet does not preclude me being a great guy IRL, but it doesn't necessarily guarantee you're going to want to invite me to all your parties, either.

--Patrick

BananaHands

Staff member
Oh, I would hang out with you all in a heartbeat. HFers have free access to a couch and a pint of beer any time they're in an area. There are just other websites (one in particular) I have learned my lesson from.

But you guys are all neat.

put out a good-sized container (like a small tub) with about 6in of water in it but add soap to break the surface tension
I would like to further mention that I discovered this by accident after leaving a 12in bowl of homemade bubble mix out overnight.

Eww.

--Patrick

I wish. Just a series of events that have caused unwanted stress and questions of morality when I'm already pretty stressed. I'll probably elaborate on it a bit later.

Was it a month long thing? Year long thing??
A little more than a year apparently. Started on WoW, eventually he flew to Toronto to meet "her"...