What's the name of that...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Didn't he go back to Poland in that one? Man, I haven't read that series in forever!

And Yoshi, I have no bloody clue as that game!

Dave

Staff member
When you google it, surf images, not sites. You'll see it before you remember the name by reading it.

Did that too, and I STILL can't find it! Its ridiculous, I remember exactly how it looks but I can't for the life of me remember the name! A walking red wizards hat(or just a pointy guy) fights monsters to get back his favorite flags in each level but by the end of each he sees that its not his flag but a pair of boxers! You'd think a whacky game like that would be easy to find but NOPE!

Did that too, and I STILL can't find it! Its ridiculous, I remember exactly how it looks but I can't for the life of me remember the name! A walking red wizards hat(or just a pointy guy) fights monsters to get back his favorite flags in each level but by the end of each he sees that its not his flag but a pair of boxers! You'd think a whacky game like that would be easy to find but NOPE!
Plok.

figmentPez

Staff member
A while back, I think about a decade ago, I read a webcomic that I can't seem to recall the name of. The only thing I remember for sure was that whenever the artist missed an update he'd put in the same filler image, a self-portrait blowing bubbles in his milk. Other things I think I remember about it: characters glowing either blue or red when powered up, possibly a succubus character (though I'm sure it wasn't Sinfest), and I think it started out as a different concept than what it eventually became (though that's like half of all webcomics).

figmentPez

Staff member
This is probably one of the weirdest action figure lines I have ever seen. Including those guys that turn into rocks.
I don't find that very weird. Then, I grew up with bug people riding around on giant bugs (with motorized wings!), robotic cars who fought evil plant cars with tentacle attachments, ghost action figures that were half hollowed out so they could have holograms for faces and torsos (and they had glow-in-the-dark weapons), bugs that had clear sections filled with red liquid so that when you tilted them it looked like they were sucking blood (yeah, that's all they did, and there were dozens of them), Popples and who knows what else my memory has shut out for my own protection.

Ah, the 80s, full of so many crap-tastic toys.

A while back, I think about a decade ago, I read a webcomic that I can't seem to recall the name of. The only thing I remember for sure was that whenever the artist missed an update he'd put in the same filler image, a self-portrait blowing bubbles in his milk. Other things I think I remember about it: characters glowing either blue or red when powered up, possibly a succubus character (though I'm sure it wasn't Sinfest), and I think it started out as a different concept than what it eventually became (though that's like half of all webcomics).
Life of Riley?

There was a game I used to love playing as a kid on my cousin's very old computer. It might've been an Amiga or Atari or Commodore 64. I honestly don't know.

Anyway, it was a platforming kind of game, set up in some ways similar to Donkey Kong, only more complex. You had to collect...something around each level, jumping over fire and dodging bullets shot from off screen. But every time you collected a whatever-it-was, the level would change in some way. Ladders would suddenly be broken or fixed and the location of the fires would change.

I think it had the word "Jumping" in there somewhere, but I can't remember that, either. This was DECADES ago. Anyone have an idea?

GasBandit

Staff member
There was a game I used to love playing as a kid on my cousin's very old computer. It might've been an Amiga or Atari or Commodore 64. I honestly don't know.

Anyway, it was a platforming kind of game, set up in some ways similar to Donkey Kong, only more complex. You had to collect...something around each level, jumping over fire and dodging bullets shot from off screen. But every time you collected a whatever-it-was, the level would change in some way. Ladders would suddenly be broken or fixed and the location of the fires would change.

I think it had the word "Jumping" in there somewhere, but I can't remember that, either. This was DECADES ago. Anyone have an idea?
Sounds kind of like Jumpman

fade

Staff member
What was that game where you were a delivery boy who lands on top of an office building, and you have to make your way down floor by floor past the defense systems? It was in an isometric display.

I remember seeing a scene from a movie where there are three people in what looks like a space pod that has crashed onto a planet. One of them is suddenly pulled through the dirt and out of the hatch. The others try to save him, but only manage to save his severed hand. The remaining two leave the pod shortly after, and I think they come across some humanoids roasting their friend over a fire.
Been bugging me for a long long time.
Ring any bells?

In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets during the end scene (banquet) dinner, who is the witch sitting next to Snape? (Character name and actress)

There is this movie I saw a video sleeve of when I was a kid with what looked like a giant shark monster. Can't remember the name for the life of me.

There is this movie I saw a video sleeve of when I was a kid with what looked like a giant shark monster. Can't remember the name for the life of me.
Sharknado?
Sharktopus?
Jurassic Shark?
MegaShark v. Crocosaurus?
Gatorshark v. Zombie Cheerleaders?
Sooooo many it could be.

--Patrick

There was an indie game that was released a few years ago. Don't think it ever made it to Steam or anything. It was, in fact, free. Might still be for all I know.

Anyway, the big pull for the game was the morality of it. It was a side-scrolling action game similar in someways to Flashback or Out of this World. Except, if you didn't kill any of the enemies, but rather avoided them, they would start to hesitate...and then not attack at all unless you provoked them. It became part of the story, too.

But yeah, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

There was an indie game that was released a few years ago. Don't think it ever made it to Steam or anything. It was, in fact, free. Might still be for all I know.

Anyway, the big pull for the game was the morality of it. It was a side-scrolling action game similar in someways to Flashback or Out of this World. Except, if you didn't kill any of the enemies, but rather avoided them, they would start to hesitate...and then not attack at all unless you provoked them. It became part of the story, too.

But yeah, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Does this ring a bell for anyone?
Iji.

It should be noted that shield kills didn't count as kills for the "don't kill anyone" thing, which is basically what made it possible.

figmentPez

Staff member
Help me remember the name of a game I played a demo for way back, I think it was in the i486 days, but I could be off. The gameplay was similar to Solar Jetman, you played as a jet-pod and had to deal with gravity. Beyond that it was slightly different, in this game the object was to find a nuke, and then haul it back to the surface before it exploded. (Though in later levels there were bosses to square off against, too.) The gameplay was 2D, and the graphics were sprites that were pre-rendered ray tracing.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have no idea. Doesn't ring a bell in the slightest.

I too, however, have an old game I can't remember the name of. In fact, because I was so young playing it, I can barely remember much of the game. It was a text based adventure with a graphical window above the text to crudely render the scene for you. This was back in the early DOS days. I don't remember much about the game but I do remember very early in the game you find a girl lying on an altar in a trance, and in another room there is a pentagram on the floor made out of salt, but the game calls it a "pentacle" and you can take some of the salt.

I've been scouring abandonware sites all afternoon, but can't find it either. It's starting to drive me bonkers.

I have no idea. Doesn't ring a bell in the slightest.

I too, however, have an old game I can't remember the name of. In fact, because I was so young playing it, I can barely remember much of the game. It was a text based adventure with a graphical window above the text to crudely render the scene for you. This was back in the early DOS days. I don't remember much about the game but I do remember very early in the game you find a girl lying on an altar in a trance, and in another room there is a pentagram on the floor made out of salt, but the game calls it a "pentacle" and you can take some of the salt.

I've been scouring abandonware sites all afternoon, but can't find it either. It's starting to drive me bonkers.
It sounds like an ICOM simulations game, so my guess is Uninvited, mainly because I don't remember such a scene from Shadowgate. Are you sure it was on DOS and not a Mac?

If it WAS one of these games, I know that former developers for the company have bought the rights to all their old games and are releasing updated re-releases of them on iOS, starting with the Sherlock Holmes series (which is already out) and Shadowgate (which is coming out next).

GasBandit

Staff member
It sounds like an ICOM simulations game, so my guess is Uninvited, mainly because I don't remember such a scene from Shadowgate. Are you sure it was on DOS and not a Mac?

If it WAS one of these games, I know that former developers for the company have bought the rights to all their old games and are releasing updated re-releases of them on iOS, starting with the Sherlock Holmes series (which is already out) and Shadowgate (which is coming out next).
Nope, it wasn't uninvited or shadowgate, though it was sort of similar. There was no point and click, graphics were amberchrome (though it might have supported cga, I don't know), everything was typed into a text parser ("Go west" "get girl" "get salt" etc). It predates shadowgate by quite a bit. I'm thinking probably 1982-1984ish. Other games I remember playing at that time period were flightmare, sopwith, alleycat, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.