What's the name of that...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a thread like this in an earlier iteration of Halforums. I can't speak for anyone else, but it really helped me because I couldn't remember the name of Time Bandits (having only seen the last ten minutes of it as a kid) and Roundhouse, an old Nickelodeon/YTV show I used to watch.

Basically, this thread is for asking others if they can help you remember the name of a movie, a TV show, a comic, a book, a song, etc.

So here's one that should be easy enough. It was a recent movie, like this year. Just came out on video because I saw it at Jumbo Video the other day (oh yeah, there's a video store near me again, yay!). I remember seeing a trailer for it before. Basic concept is a writer who is writing the woman of his dreams and she actually comes out of his writing and into the real world.

We had a thread like this in an earlier iteration of Halforums. I can't speak for anyone else, but it really helped me because I couldn't remember the name of Time Bandits (having only seen the last ten minutes of it as a kid) and Roundhouse, an old Nichelodeon/YTV show I used to watch.

So here's one that should be easy enough. It was a recent movie, like this year. Just came out on video because I saw it at Jumbo Video the other day (oh yeah, there's a video store near me again, yay!). I remember seeing a trailer for it before. Basic concept is a writer who is writing the woman of his dreams and she actually comes out of his writing and into the real world.
Every romantic comedy ever starring an outcast yet deep and misunderstood writer, infatuated with a manic pixie girl.

What's the name of that movie with a giant shark monster? Its like all Tokusatsu style and stuff, made in the nineties I think.

Also what was the name of that show about a bunch of middle school students who fought ghosts, and was made by the same team who did the "Life of Loopy" bits on "Kablam!" I miss "Kablam!"

1:09 for those that can't wait. I have seen this movie at least 100 times.

Also, whats the name of that cartoon with the tiny dogs and cats who lived in a shoe box?

What's the name of that movie with a giant shark monster? Its like all Tokusatsu style and stuff, made in the nineties I think.
Do you mean this piece of trash?

Also what was the name of that show about a bunch of middle school students who fought ghosts, and was made by the same team who did the "Life of Loopy" bits on "Kablam!" I miss "Kablam!"
You don't mean Codename: Kids Next Door, do you?
I have seen [Clerks] at least 100 times.
Also, whats the name of that cartoon with the tiny dogs and cats who lived in a shoe box?
I have never seen Clerks, but did you mean The Littlest Pet Shop?

--Patrick

PatrThom

No, no, and yes.

The movie I'm thinking of had a costumed monster, this was before CGI was all the rage, and I think the monster had arms. And the ghost show I'm thinking of is definitely not Codename Kids Next Door, this show was in stop motion, and there was a bubblegum sprite.

Whats the name of those toys with the really big legs that wobble about? I can never remember the name of that toy-line, its just incredibly forgettable.

I was also going to ask what was the name of that show with the teens who could turn into vampire truck robots, but I found out the name: Van Pires. The 1990s ladies and gentlemen!

GasBandit

Staff member
Whats the name of those toys with the really big legs that wobble about? I can never remember the name of that toy-line, its just incredibly forgettable.

I was also going to ask what was the name of that show with the teens who could turn into vampire truck robots, but I found out the name: Van Pires. The 1990s ladies and gentlemen!
Weebles? As in they wobble but don't fall down?

I read the first part of a book that was out in the early 1990s. The protagonist was an engineer (or maybe doctor) who wound up in Dark Ages England with a backpack full of modern seeds (especially, wheat) and engineering books. I only read the first part of the book before I had to give it back so that's all I can remember. I also think it was a series but I could be wrong.
Any help?

NECROD!

Its a video game about what I think was an anthropomorphic wizard hat who would go from level to level to take back his stolen flags. It was either for he Super Nintendo, or Sega Genesis. Either way, I loved playing it as a kid and I'd like to play it again.

I read the first part of a book that was out in the early 1990s. The protagonist was an engineer (or maybe doctor) who wound up in Dark Ages England with a backpack full of modern seeds (especially, wheat) and engineering books. I only read the first part of the book before I had to give it back so that's all I can remember. I also think it was a series but I could be wrong.
Any help?
http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Time-Engineer-Adventures-Conrad-Stargard/dp/0345327624

Status
Not open for further replies.