Whats for Dinner?

filet mignon pan-seared in hipster butter. Fries.
(though technically the larger steak is from the chateubriand section of the tenderloin)
20190627_180418.jpg

It was thunder storming outside, with the potential for hail, so I didn't fire up the grill. It still amazes me that if I buy the entire tenderloin at costco, I can feed my family these amazingly tender steaks cheaper than it'd cost me to go out and buy 3 sirloins from the grocery store.

I like good butter, so I occasionally will buy specialty butters (imported butters, etc). This one was supposedly a small creamery butter, and it melted up nice without too much frothing (low water content), quickly took on that deliciously nutty aroma of browned butter, and served the purpose of cooking my meat :D

I cut these a little thinner than traditional filet mignon, because my wife just can't eat that much at one sitting, and I hate to waste steak.

filet mignon pan-seared in hipster butter. Fries.
(though technically the larger steak is from the chateubriand section of the tenderloin)
View attachment 31745
It was thunder storming outside, with the potential for hail, so I didn't fire up the grill. It still amazes me that if I buy the entire tenderloin at costco, I can feed my family these amazingly tender steaks cheaper than it'd cost me to go out and buy 3 sirloins from the grocery store.

I like good butter, so I occasionally will buy specialty butters (imported butters, etc). This one was supposedly a small creamery butter, and it melted up nice without too much frothing (low water content), quickly took on that deliciously nutty aroma of browned butter, and served the purpose of cooking my meat :D

I cut these a little thinner than traditional filet mignon, because my wife just can't eat that much at one sitting, and I hate to waste steak.
Is that a well-done steak with ketchup?! :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Yes! I mean, no! No, of course not!

I would have posted the other ones then. :D
Dammit, this is what I get for not reading all the threads all the time. I never went in this thread before today (and I didn't even get the notification that Bubble pinged me).

Welp, better late than never!

Dammit, this is what I get for not reading all the threads all the time. I never went in this thread before today (and I didn't even get the notification that Bubble pinged me).

Welp, better late than never!
This thread is your preferred location for all your sassy redhead cooking pictures.

Yes, I had red hair once. Then it turned white and fell out. I blame Pokemon.