Whats for Dinner?

My daughters had their Christmas party tonight so they and their friends asked me to make cheesesteak strombolis and pizza Stromboli...not a bit left over!

Since nothing was left it was time to balance kitchen victory last night with tonight's fish sticks and a burrito. Then I opened this thread and saw that delicious looking stew. Damn.

Discovered a butcher nearby that sold farm-raised rabbit meat. Made a thick, hearty rabbit stew tonight that we thoroughly enjoyed; it was my wife's first time trying rabbit, and--though she was very slightly uncomfortable at eating rabbit--she loved it and can't wait for me to make it again next week when the in-laws visit.

Also, cracked open my first properly-carbonated bottle of a homebrewed Russian Imperial Stout of my own design. Homebrewing has been awesome.

figmentPez

Staff member
I had some friends over to watch "PCU" and "Back to the Beach" yesterday. I served meatloaf, potatoes au gratin and "Bruce'll sprouts". I really wasn't expecting the brussel sprouts to be such a hit, but people were fighting over who got to finish them off. I had to promise to make them again another time.

Cajungal

Staff member
In-laws are taking us out for dinner... probably a saladand water, considering I'll be eating enough to feed a village tomorrow.

Cajungal

Staff member
Leg of lamb, fried turkey, corn pudding, crawfish rice dressing, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, and pecan pie.. and I've almost exploded.

Roast Goose, potatoes, caramalised carrots, peas, corn, freshly baked bread rolls and lots of gravy.

And home made chocolate peppermint cookies.

Also, cracked open my first properly-carbonated bottle of a homebrewed Russian Imperial Stout of my own design. Homebrewing has been awesome.
If you are still in the area, my offer to drop you off a bottle or two (with dining instructions) still stands.

--Patrick

A salted and peppered rare steak, fried mashed potatoes(meant to be a potato pancake but I used too much and got tired of waiting) and a vegetable medley of onions, broccoli and mushrooms.

Sesame chicken with stir fried veggies, garlic noodles, and broiled shrimp. I just couldn't bring myself to do the usual cornbread, black-eyed peas, greens and ham.

figmentPez

Staff member
I just had one of my very contradictory dinners. It was black pepper Spam, served on whole wheat bread with organic may and locally grown organic greens. With a side of hummus and crackers. Dessert was Count Chocula cereal, but with organic heavy cream instead of milk. It was all delicious, though.

Harris Teeter had london broil (b1g1) and lobster tails (3.99 for 2.5 oz tail) on sale.

Surf and turf, baby, with cannellini beans and cheese-broccoli rice.

Kati made paczki today with lemon curd or blueberry filling (she made the fillings, too).
Then for dinner it was city chicken with dill and sour cream sauce, with corn and salt/vinegar smashed potatoes on the side.

--Patrick