Whats for Dinner?

I celebrated the warm weather by grilling burgers on the grill. Mine was the ultimate bacon burger, filled with cheddar cheese and bacon, covered with a slice of jalapeno cheese. Good gravy, it was good. 6 minutes each side was perfect.

Tonight we went to the only "Japanese" restaurant in town (it's run by Chinese people...I'm not being racist or anything, it's simple truth, David is a cool guy.) for some good hibachi cooked rice and shrimp. It was a very good meal.

Dinner for the next few nights, cooked (or mostly cooked to allow for heating on the night consumed.

Chicken quarters and pork chops

Ribeye steaks (tonight's dinner), sweet italian sausage, two different types of hot dogs.

I made this tonight. Tender steak (supposed to be filet mignon but I had some free steak from my father, so...) in a red wine/balsamic vinegar sauce; browned butter mashed potatoes; parboiled asparagus with olive oil and lime juice.

It was freaking amazing.

lookhowgood.jpg

B

BErt

How did you do your corn? In shuck? Just curious.
Yeah, I took off the outer few layers of husk, and left about 2 or 3 layers to grill in. Peeled them back a bit and lightly brushed the ears with a mixture of olive oil, garlic salt and black pepper. Turned for 2 minutes over medium heat, then moved them to the top shelf and closed the grill for 15 minutes. I was really happy with how everything came out.

We actually keep almost all the husk on, use fresh crushed garlic mixed with butter and add some salt and pepper. I think that I keep it over indirect heat for somewhere around 20 minutes or so total, I kinda move it around as I need to to keep the charring down.

I thought I'd post this here and in the Alternative Ingredients thread. http://www.pepperplate.com

It's a service (with a useful phone app!) to organise recipes and ingredients, create meal plans/schedules and easily construct grocery lists from recipes you've saved. It can automatically import recipes from about 20 sites, so you rarely have to manually add a recipe. I find it crazy useful, especially the grocery list function, which makes grocery shopping so much easier (it sorts things by store section automatically, which is soooo nice). You can add items manually, too, so you can have your whole grocery list there and just have your phone open while you shop.