Export thread

Whats for Dinner?

Limit: 500

Odie

The Breakfest thread made me wonder... and hungry too.

So Whats for Dinner?

Im making homemade cracked pepper pasta with Meatballs.

Cajungal

Cajungal

a baked sweet potato and salad

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

with avocado and tuna

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I have no idea. :confused:

Hopefully this thread will impart some ideas for me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Raspberry puff pastry twists for dessert. :D

Wahad

Wahad

Sausages, haricots verts, and mash.

Dave

Dave

No idea here either. It'll probably be fast food.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

At work I think of all this shit I want to cook, then I get home and make a frozen pizza.

Covar

Covar

I'm thinking Steak with Mixed Peppercorns and Pomegranate Glaze.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Parents were in town, so we went out to eat. Deepdish pizza with pepperoni, chicken and barbecue sauce, with foccaccia bread as appetizer.

Tomorrow I plan to make chicken risotto.

Covar

Covar

anyone have any idea for a side?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yum. :D

Covar

Covar

I've never made a Risotto. This should be fixed.

Dave

Dave

Wild grain rice with broccoli & butter.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Risottos intimidate me :( That and chili from scratch.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Garlic, thyme, and basil, and glaze some olive oil over chopped potatoes. Put in oven, and bake until crispy.

Steam some carrots, broccli, cauliflower, again add a bit of basil to the carrots, it brings out the sweetness in the carrots. Opt. add butter after they're finished.

Cajungal

Cajungal

First time I made it, you could have used it to lay bricks.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

AGGGGHHH Fuck you guys now I'm hungry! Again!

Spaghetti is sounding excellent right now. Hopefully I'll be in the mood for it later and my spaghetti sauce won't have a nice blue film over it.

makare

lol the forum must just be hungry today.

I will probably have tuna on crackers for dinner.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

chili from scratch is freaking easy as pie. You don't need any special cooking skills..just plenty of the correct ingredients.

Then again, I'm from Texas...chili here is a staple food.

I was giong to make sirloin beef tips in mushroom sauce tonight, but the sirloin didn't get put out in time to thaw. I'll be making it sunday, instead.

I have no idea what i'm making tonight yet. I'll probably just drop by the store on the way home, pick a theme ingredient, and iron chef it.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

First time I made it, you could have used it to lay bricks.[/QUOTE]

is this good or bad, I haven't ever eaten risotto, they just talk about it on top chef a lot

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's deeeelicious and pretty fun to make. :) And you can get arborio rice at most grocery stores.

makare

man now i want risotto and all i have is tuna.

This is a thread of pain.

Covar

Covar

Chili is easy. Just takes a long time, but its not something you have to constantly watch over.

Green Arrow's Chili Recipe - I made this last winter, it came pretty good.

Thanks for the side ideas guys. I think I might go with the Wild Rice and Brocoli, as I think it will take to the sauce quite nicely.

Cajungal

Cajungal

And yeah, Charlie, you could make a chili no problem. It's a really easy dish. :)

Hylian

Hylian

I will be eating some kind of food. other than that I have no clue.

Covar

Covar

remember, Chili cannot be too hot.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yum. :D[/QUOTE]

Honey-marinated chicken fillet slices, rice, cooking cream, soy sauce, paprika, oregano and curry. Yummy :happy:

Wasabi Poptart

Chili is pretty easy. I made it for the first time as my final exam in a cooking class I took in high school (needed elective credits and learning to cook made sense to me). What you need is a good recipe for the style of chili you like.

Risotto I tried making once. It came out very gluey. We still ate it though.

As to the OP, I'm either making london broil or ravioli.

General Specific

General Specific

I don't know what I'm going to have for lunch, much less dinner.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Boyfriend made some REALLY AWESOME spaghetti sauce all day yesterday... and whether he wants it or not, WE ARE HAVING SPAGHETTI AGAIN TONIGHT!!!!

YOU HEAR ME???

Cajungal

Cajungal

No. LOUDER.

Dave

Dave

Boyfriend made some REALLY AWESOME spaghetti sauce all day yesterday... and whether he wants it or not, WE ARE HAVING SPAGHETTI AGAIN TONIGHT!!!!

YOU HEAR ME???
Leftover spaghetti, put in some shredded cheese and heat. When done top it with Parmesan. Yummy!

Baerdog

Baerdog

First time I made it, you could have used it to lay bricks.[/quote]

is this good or bad, I haven't ever eaten risotto, they just talk about it on top chef a lot[/QUOTE]
The thing with risotto is that you really have to pay attention to it while it is cooking. It can take a couple tries before you get the hang of how and when to add more broth, but it's worth it in the long run. A risotto with grilled Ahi tuna marinated in a mustard dill sauce and some kind of green vegetable on the side is a fantastic dinner.

Today is one of my long school days though, which means I'll end up just getting something from the Burger King in the student union. :eek:hwell:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, I misread that... "is this good or bad?"

Not so good. You don't want it to be food glue. :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

Speaking of food glue....

One year for some big holiday (Thanksgiving, I think), my dad's side of the family had all gotten together at my grandmother's house. Well, Grandma couldn't find her potato masher so she decided to just whip up the mashed potatoes in the blender. I swear to God you could have hung wallpaper with it afterward.

Then, naturally, my dad found the potato masher sitting on the counter where she had left it while he was cleaning up the kitchen. :blue:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ohhh nooooooooo, the dreaded whipped potatoes.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I am having an omelete with jalapenos and a bit of jack cheese. I think I might throw in some broccoli as well.

Jake

Jake

What you need is a good recipe for the style of chili you like.
I don't know about that. Chili is an improvisational art form. You just need to gather up some tasty ingredients, don't worry overly much about the ratios, combine and eat (even better after sitting in the fridge a day, though).

I usually brown some ground beef, add onions, green peppers, garlic, and chilis (jalapeno and serrano usually) and saute for a few minutes. Toss that into a pot of stewed tomatoes*, add beans (usually kidney, Great Northern, and black), maybe some corn (off the cob or frozen, never canned) and a couple chipotles (sooo tasty). Spice it up with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper. Let it bubble for a while, then eat.

*I cheat using tomato cocktails sometimes (V8, store brands, or homemade), but it's easy enough just to stew some tomatoes if you have time.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Last night I found an awesome use for leftover grilled hamburgers. I made a pizza using a combo of mustard, mayo, and ketchup for the sauce. Then spread sliced pickles and red onion and chunked-up burger on that. Topped with a mix of cheddar and mozzerella. Way better than the usual "cheeseburger pizza" that's just a regular pizza topped with hamburger. This will definitely become a mainstay, along with my bratwurst and sauerkraut pizza.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

YOU HEAR ME???
Another thing to do with leftover spaghetti sauce (if it's home-made and not Ragu) is sear some chicken breasts, then throw them in it and simmer 20 or 30 minutes. voila, chicken cacciatore...ish :)

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

If I want to make chili and I don't have a lot of time, I do this.

take 1lb ground beef. seasoned with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne powder, brown it, drain it, set aside. In the same pan, saute a medium sized onion. Throw the meat back in. Add a can of Ro-tel chili fixins, one can of diced stewed tomatoes, 2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste, and a big can of Ranch-style beans. Bring this to a boil. Taste, and add more seasonings until it tastes like you want it.

If I have more time, I do pretty much what Jake does. I occasionally put a beer in the mix. I also like to make it with bite-sized pieces of chuck or another cheap roast instead of ground beef. I like to take the whole, peeled canned tomatoes and smash them a bit and broil them until slightly carmelized and add those to the mix. There's a ton of things you can do.

Make a simple batch first, and then experiment from there.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

YOU HEAR ME???
Another thing to do with leftover spaghetti sauce (if it's home-made and not Ragu) is sear some chicken breasts, then throw them in it and simmer 20 or 30 minutes. voila, chicken cacciatore...ish :)[/QUOTE]

Or make a quick white sauce and mix the two, add a splash of vodka, and serve with penne. Yum!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Last night I found an awesome use for leftover grilled hamburgers. I made a pizza using a combo of mustard, mayo, and ketchup for the sauce. Then spread sliced pickles and red onion and chunked-up burger on that. Topped with a mix of cheddar and mozzerella. Way better than the usual "cheeseburger pizza" that's just a regular pizza topped with hamburger. This will definitely become a mainstay, along with my bratwurst and sauerkraut pizza.
This... is... EPIC!

Quick, make a new batch and post it online! Lolcats need cheezburger pizzas!

Jake

Jake

This... is... EPIC!

Quick, make a new batch and post it online! Lolcats need cheezburger pizzas![/QUOTE]
I'll probably add some bacon next time. That will kick it into high gear.

rabbitgod

I think I'm having Tandoori. It's out of a box though so I'm only nominally excited.

I'm going to Las Vegas tomorrow so I don't really feel like cleaning up or having leftovers.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

New dinner plans!

Making some Mac 'n Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, and Peas for me 'n the GF.

It'd almost sound romantic, except for how those things are all pre-packaged.

Covar

Covar

New dinner plans!

Making some Mac 'n Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, and Peas for me 'n the GF.

It'd almost sound romantic, except for how those things are all pre-packaged.
:nono:

Bag of Potatoes, Salt, Pepper, Milk and Butter. That's all it takes, easiest thing in the world. You can even skip on the Pepper.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

chili from scratch is freaking easy as pie. You don't need any special cooking skills..just plenty of the correct ingredients.

Then again, I'm from Texas...chili here is a staple food.
Or Mississippi. I'm making up some Turkey Sausage w/ Red Beans and Rice tonight.

Wasabi Poptart

What you need is a good recipe for the style of chili you like.
I don't know about that. Chili is an improvisational art form. You just need to gather up some tasty ingredients, don't worry overly much about the ratios, combine and eat (even better after sitting in the fridge a day, though).[/QUOTE]

I meant that a recipe can give you a place to start if you haven't made it before. I assumed everyone plays around with recipes until it is just what they want.

Damn it now I want the weather to cool off again so I can make another pot of chili.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Frozen waffles with coconut oil and maple syrup.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Probably just going to grab a sub from Subway before work.

netsirk

netsirk

actually, it was nachos, but since reading the thread title, I've had Rodeo stuck in my head.

Jake

Jake

Couldn't resist making that pizza again. Still awesome.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Decided against adding tuna to my salad. It's just lettuce and avocado with a banana smoothie on the side.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I did have that spaghetti sauce with some macaroni noodles that have been plaguing my cabinet...

OMGYUM

Baerdog

Baerdog

Good news everyone!

Class was canceled tonight so I got to go home for dinner. We had kielbasa and sauerkraut, fried potatoes, and broccoli and cauliflower. It was very yummy.

Terrik

Terrik

I'll be heading to a new Japanese restaurant that opened outside of my apartment complex with my girlfriend and one of my friends from back in the States. I have high hopes for awesomeness.

Hylian

Hylian

Tonight I had bean and cheese burritos. I am hoping to go to Red Lobster for their endless shrimp for tomorrow nights dinner but I don't if I will be able to make it.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Tonight it was Kraft Dinner with TWO cheese packets.
It was CHEESY AS BALLS. I couldn't finish it.

Normally I eat healthier than this I swear.

Denbrought

Denbrought

A big slice of bread with a can of tuna, some cheese and hot sauce.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Good news everyone!

Class was canceled tonight so I got to go home for dinner. We had kielbasa and sauerkraut, fried potatoes, and broccoli and cauliflower. It was very yummy.
I think you should open every post of yours from now on with that "Good news everyone!"

Yep. I do. :uhhuh:

Gared

Gared

Well, even though I missed the thread in time for last night's dinner, tonight's dinner will be meatloaf with roasted squash (one of the orange fleshed varieties, can't remember which off the top of my head). Although... I may skip the squash (I want to try it without any other flavors getting in the way) and just go with the open-faced meatloaf sandwiches with the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, toasted sourdough bread, and homemade beef gravy.

Plus, I need to haul my bird carcasses out of the freezer and make chicken stock, and clean out the veggie drawer so I can use it as a "humidity controlled space" for a hard cheese I want to attempt this weekend (probably just a cheddar, but possibly a gouda), and I plan on making some pumpkin butter, possibly a pear butter, and a pumpkin pie from scratch. Going to be another busy cooking weekend for me.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Time for chicken risotto.

Dave

Dave

My wife and I are probably going to go out tonight. Don't know where yet.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Ok, so we STILL haven't gone to Mellow Mushroom because the empty shopping center the restaurant just opened in is ALWAYS FREAKING FULL...

But today, we will be going at 4:00 to hopefully beat the feeding frenzy. WE WILL GET PIZZA!!!!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Tonight will be homemade pizza with a group of my friends.

Covar

Covar

Tacos tonight.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

grilled ham tonight, Chuck E Cheeze tomorrow (for the little one's birthday), sunday is beef tips and mushroom sauce.

Monday, i'm going to try a chicken and broccoli braid to work any kinks out before our halloween party.

Chazwozel

grilled ham tonight, Chuck E Cheeze tomorrow (for the little one's birthday), sunday is beef tips and mushroom sauce.

Monday, i'm going to try a chicken and broccoli braid to work any kinks out before our halloween party.
You, my friend, are the king of pallets.

Baerdog

Baerdog

You, my friend, are the king of pallets.[/QUOTE]

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I made porkchops with asparagus and salad for my girlfriend tonight (first time I've cooked for her). It went pretty well.

Troll

Troll

Chicken cordon bleu, and a side salad. A peach for desert.

(I wish I could say I always ate this healthy!)

Denbrought

Denbrought

Leftover stale bread with cheese on it.

Dusty668

Hummus and mozzarella on crackers, with celery and sliced tomatoes.

Covar

Covar

Last night I had Japanese Curry, it was quite delicious.

Not sure what I'm having tonight.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sauteeing some chicken breasts with a blend of salt, black and red pepper, paprika, parsley, and thyme.

Baking a sweet potato for me and a Russet potato for the lil brudder.

Making a romaine and grape tomato salad.

Glass o' chocolate milk. :D

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Had some tomatoes and mushrooms that were getting old, so I chopped them up and am now sauteeing them in the gravy that the chicken left behind.

Dave

Dave

I have no idea what we're having for dinner. Hopefully something more filling than Ramen noodles.

makare

tonight for dinner i will be having cold shredded wheat, popcorn and an egg.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I have no idea what we're having for dinner. Hopefully something more filling than Ramen noodles.
:tear: *doesn't want to eat now*

Baerdog

Baerdog

My dad and I made pasta primavera last night. Carrots, onions, zucchini, yellow squash, yellow and red bell peppers seasoned up and roasted on the grill spread over some farfalle pasta with cherry tomatoes added right at the end. It was, as always, delicious.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

just put the chicken and broccoli braid in the oven.
The braid will turn out like crap, I predict. I used pre-made crescent rolls for the dough, which would be fine, but I cheaped out and bought the generic walmart brand, and they suck muchly.

the filling tastes hecka good, though.

Dave

Dave

Pizza from Papa Johns.

LordRavage

Damn this thread! I want fast food! It has been like ten months since I have had fast food. I wants it!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Damn this thread! I want fast food! It has been like ten months since I have had fast food. I wants it!
It's been at least six years for me.

LordRavage

It's been at least six years for me.[/QUOTE]

My weakness...Mcdonald fries. I had to stop when I was getting terrible stomach aches. I changed my eating habits and went to chicken, salads, etc.

But i miss the fast food. I miss it so. Body just cant handle the garbage they have in it anymore.

Damn you old age! :D

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

It's been at least six years for me.[/QUOTE]

My weakness...Mcdonald fries. I had to stop when I was getting terrible stomach aches. I changed my eating habits and went to chicken, salads, etc.

But i miss the fast food. I miss it so. Body just cant handle the garbage they have in it anymore.

Damn you old age! :D[/QUOTE]

Old people burning, old people burning, put your hands up! :D
-----
It's easy to resist fast food. Now that I think on it, I can't seem to be addicted to anything for long.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Better than I expected :)

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Better than I expected :)
:preggers:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

You, my friend, are the king of pallets.[/quote]
[/QUOTE]
ftfy

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl:

Tonight I had an egg sandwich on an english muffin with spinach, a banana, and a V8. Now I'm having a coffee.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

last night I made homemade scotch eggs, and we had salads from the Aerogarden. I was out of the Kraft "Zesty Italian" dressing that my son likes, so I made a quick Italian vinaigrette with red wine vinegar, oil, and some spices out of the cabinet.

Math242

Math242

lasagna

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hmmm... Bit of a choice today.

Either leftovers of Mom's homemade pea soup which is delicious,
or
making honey-marinated chicken risotto, which is also tasty,
or
spaghetti carbonara (bacon, spinach, egg) which is also muy yummy.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I would TOTALLY invite you over for dinner, AmE. You could play with my "kitten" Kodo and I would make whatever you like!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Red beans and rice, bitches!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Come on over. We're going to CG's house for red beans and rice! You bring the dessert, I bring the booze and kitten!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I only have one tiny magnalite pot so we'll have to ration. :p But what's mine is yours, friends. I hope you don't mind turkey sausage.

rabbitgod

I made a panino last night. Fontina, baby spinach, prosciutto, a little pepper. I don't have one of those clamping grills but it turned out amazing anyway. I should have taken a picture.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm making that much maligned dish whose reputation has been ruined by school cafeterias and cheap TV dinners over the last couple of decades. That's right, bitches...I'm making salisbury steak.

And it will be glorious.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I'm making that much maligned dish whose reputation has been ruined by school cafeterias and cheap TV dinners over the last couple of decades. That's right, bitches...I'm making salisbury steak.

And it will be glorious.
OH MY GOD. When that is cooked the right way IT IS SO GOOD

Baerdog

Baerdog

I made a panino last night. Fontina, baby spinach, prosciutto, a little pepper. I don't have one of those clamping grills but it turned out amazing anyway. I should have taken a picture.
That sounds really good, and thank you for not incorrectly pluralizing it. It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people say they "ate a panini." You can eat one panino, or you can eat multiple panini! :frusty:

And it will be glorious.
I agree with Vytamindi on this. I love Salisbury steak.

Wasabi Poptart

Roast turkey breast, mashed taters, and a veggie of some sort (haven't made up my mind what yet, though I'm leaning toward spinach salad w/dried cranberries).

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

That sounds really good, and thank you for not incorrectly pluralizing it. It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people say they "ate a panini." You can eat one panino, or you can eat multiple panini! :frusty:
[/QUOTE]

What if the word is used in a foreign language as a singular. I mean, in here anyways we talk about eating a panini. Yksi panini - one panini. Monta paninia - many panini.

Baerdog

Baerdog

You'd have to talk to my friend who is a linguistics major about the process of how words from one language get assimilated into another language and the subtle changes in nuance and meaning during the change.

Since most of my experience with the word being misused has been in the U.S. I'm not sure how my pet peeve would carry over into Finnish. :noidea:

Covar

Covar

I'm having some kind of chicken dish tonight. More to come.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I feel like some Cream of Mushroom + Chicken but maybe a bit experimental with it tonight?

What are Halforum's favorite versions of this? (your full recipe preferably)

Covar

Covar

I feel like some Cream of Mushroom + Chicken but maybe a bit experimental with it tonight?

What are Halforum's favorite versions of this? (your full recipe preferably)
Cream of Broccoli and chicken. The one on the back of the cans, its the soup, Milk, and some lemon juice. Cheap, tasty, and easy. Just like me :Leyla:

Jake

Jake

A big pot o' chili. With beans, motherfuckers.

Lally

Leftover Indian food: chicken, goat, rice, and roti... om nom nom... (homemade, natch)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Booooo, didn't have time to cook.. was catching up with a friend all afternoon and early evening. So I had an Inga's sub... best sub in town. Pastrami and swiss with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and honey mustard with dill chips and a lemonade. Very good but I really had my heart set on those red beans.

rabbitgod

That sounds really good, and thank you for not incorrectly pluralizing it. It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people say they "ate a panini." You can eat one panino, or you can eat multiple panini! :frusty:[/QUOTE]

And you are welcome since I get frustrated about that too.

Now technically I made panini since I made one for my wife as well, but I like to get the singular out there when I can. Also, who cares what my wife had! She hasn't made me a pie in months!

Now, tonight we had grilled chicken with a honeydew salsa. The salsa had homegrown serranos so that made it extra tasty since it had all our hard gardening work in it.

Also we had a bottle of Albero, which is quite good. Too all the Spaniards out there, you guys make some badass wine, flat or sparkling.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Chicken risotto. Goddammit it's so good I always overeat...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ok I have a question. I cook it sometimes but have not perfected it. How do you keep it from turning into rice-cement? I only succeed about 3/4 of the time and it's mostly luck. :p

rabbitgod

Ok I have a question. I cook it sometimes but have not perfected it. How do you keep it from turning into rice-cement? I only succeed about 3/4 of the time and it's mostly luck. :p
I stir gently but constantly. I haven't made it in over a year though so I don't have much else.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Maybe I'm not stirring gently enough... I thought I was but you never know. Thank you. ^_^

rabbitgod

Try folding it as well. Getting the rice off the bottom might help, if you aren't already trying that.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Wait, CG, who did you ask that question?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tried that, rabbit, and NR, I asked you originally, but anyone who has something helpful to say can chime in.

I think I might be making too much at once, for one thing..

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm very dissapointed at the replies after my question. :blue:

Needless to say I had Church's instead. :eek:rly:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Let's see now... I just use regular Uncle Ben's... put some curry in the water to spice it up (and give it a nice yellow hue). Also, I don't mix the ingredients dry. I let the chicken stew for a while in 4% cooking cream. I don't know if you have that in the States... It's not sour cream or whipped cream, but a kind of, I dunno, instant sauce if you wish. I mix the rice and the stew, and when I serve it's more like a thick stew.

Plus, it's quite easy to warm up if you eat it later. The cream doesn't let it dry up.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's how you make risotto? I learned using broth.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

*shrugs*

I follow the KISS school of thought: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

What I make most often:
- Chicken risotto
- Pasta carbonara (with either chicken or bacon)
- Pasta bolognese Finnish style (essentially spaghetti and ground beef sauce)
- Sandwiches
- Homemade pizza
- Canned soups (spinach soup or pea soup usually)

blotsfan

blotsfan

[STRIKE]At the risk of starting a flame war...[/STRIKE]
I had steak.

If you don't want to shit in the dinner table, don't crouch over it with your pants down.

-NR

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:eek:rly:

Cajungal

Cajungal

*shrugs*

What I make most often:
- Chicken risotto
- Sandwiches
- Homemade pizza
I guess that's another way. I'd just never heard of it or considered it before.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

At the risk of starting a flame war...
I had steak.

Shego, if I had read your entry before I would have said to saute fresh mushrooms, melt a little butter, squeeze some lemon, and pour THAT over the chicken... but that's only because I hate hate hate cream of mushroom soup from a can.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

*shrugs*

What I make most often:
- Chicken risotto
- Sandwiches
- Homemade pizza
I guess that's another way. I'd just never heard of it or considered it before.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

At the risk of starting a flame war...
I had steak.

Shego, if I had read your entry before I would have said to saute fresh mushrooms, melt a little butter, squeeze some lemon, and pour THAT over the chicken... but that's only because I hate hate hate cream of mushroom soup from a can.[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said it might be a Finnish/Nordic ingredient. I mean, I didn't find anything remotely like it when I spend a year in Ireland. Which meant dry risotto :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

Interesting... I bet I could experiment with other things that are similar to it. Thanks for the input. :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

De nada, CG. De nada.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Would... would you say it in Finnish too? :D

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Heheh, sure thing, CG ;)

Eipä kestä, CG. Eipä kestä.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I envy your fancy language.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You know, I'm seriously considering setting up a thread full of Finnish-language YouTube videos to feed your apetite for my Finno-Ugric language :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yay! Seriously, I loooove other languages. English is nice, but I looooove hearing different ones. And Finnish is so pretty. It's strong and kind of poetic at the same time.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

If only I could find Vaari-vainaan kannel somewhere. If that song doesn't make you cry like a sad child, nothing will...

But alas, I need to hit the hay now. I'll seek out some YouTube videos for you tomorrow.

Until then...

Cajungal

Cajungal

:D Thanks!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Eipä kestä ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Finally got to make me some red beans. Although it won't be as good without cornbread...

Excuse the shabby housecleaning garb...

OMNOMNOM!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

as expected, the Salisbury steak last night was the bomb. No idea what I'm making for dinner tonight.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Tonight is glazed ham, corm, brussel sprouts and scallopped potatoes.

Jake

Jake

I wanted to make some kind of sausage and cabbage soup, but all I have is napa. So I'm going to whip up some kind of Asian-ish pork meatballs, chop up the napa, put those in some chicken broth with some other veggies and get creative with the seasoning.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

No clue what to make for tonight, it's my GF's B-day though so a nice restaurant is most likely the order of the day....

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

good southern cookin last night:
Garlic and herb pork shoulder, cubed on top of white rice, smothered in brown gravy.
Collard greens on the side, cooked with bacon and homemade chicken stock, topped with Louisiana Hot Sauce. That shit's the bomb, yo.

Wasabi Poptart

Grilled steaks with salad and herb buttered noodles.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I'm gonna make Hamburger Helper with Ground Turkey tonight

Dave

Dave

I have no idea what we're having. Luckily we went big grocery shopping last weekend.

Occasional Poster

I made lasagna for the first time today. Vegetarian, with spinach. It was really nice and much easier to cook than I thought it would be. Definitely something I will make again. :thumb:

Covar

Covar

Probably eating out tonight.

KarateKidMcFly

I'm going out to a bar with some buds tonight, and the place has some excellent crawfish fritters, so I'm having that with beer.

Gusto

Gusto

We're making some kinda beef stew that has beer as a major ingredient.

It smells like beer and gravy and I am APPETIZED.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Callistarya's making tacos tonight

Cajungal

Cajungal

Soup. Again. :eek:rly:

blotsfan

blotsfan

Went to Duffs. Just the best wings ever.

Wahad

Wahad

Just went for some good Chinese.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Callistarya turned this:

into this:

this morning for breakfast. Yum!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Pizza from the local "best pizza in town" place. Kicks the chain pizza in the nuts.

Wasabi Poptart

Homemade baked ziti, green beans, and rolls.

Soliloquy

Leftover pork chops.

Yum.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Either soup or hot dogs tonight. Spaghetti tomorrow, then chicken!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

BBQ pork ribs in the crock pot. Waffle fries and possibly greens on the side

Cajungal

Cajungal

Pho. :D

Gared

Gared

I am amused that you were so disparaging of soup, but so happy for Pho. Also, saddened that in a metro-plex like Seattle, we have no good Pho places that I have yet to find; but in a smaller metro-plex like Portland, you can't walk 2 blocks without bumping into a good Pho place, and they also have some truly spectacular ones.

Also, braised pot roast tonight for us. Gotta get it in the oven soon so it will be ready by seven or eight tonight.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I should have specified. Last post wasn't just soup. It was canned chicken noodle soup. Every night for 4 nights.

I've been sick, so soup is all I can eat. It was nice to have something good and fresh if I have to keep eating soup. I love soup, actually, but I didn't have any of mine left frozen, so I was stuck with the canned stuff... which, again, I don't really mind... just not every damn day.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

:D

I have yet to try pho, but I hear good things about it.

Gusto

Gusto

There's a Pho place in Cambridge that's supposed to be the best place in the tri city.

It's called Pho Shizzle. :D

I really want to go there sometime.

Wasabi Poptart

Turkey meatloaf, mashed taters, and whatever vegetable I grab from the freezer.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Chocolate cake.

Or maybe that was lunch... Well, it could still be dinner if I call my next meal supper... My schedule is so messed up. *sigh* I hate it when I'm not sleeping well.

Silvanesti

Elk roulade with some rice and green beans

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I need to eat something different... as good as risotto is, it disappears too quickly. And I'm getting kinda sick of spaghetti.

*digs around in the fridge*

HA HA!

Spinach soup!

Now all I need is two eggs and I have my lunch set up for tomorrow.

rabbitgod

French onion soup.

All this Pho talk makes me want to get some. We have many good places here. I think it's all the retired people and their Vietnamese love children that they brought stateside.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Oh, I'm having this for dessert

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

All by yourself?

What is that, anyway?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Looks like trifle. Cake cubes layered with whipped cream?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmtrifle.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Last night I grabbed a rotisserie chicken from the grocery and totally cut it up. All the dark meat was used for my enchilada casserole and all the white meat and other pickings were saved for later. Any suggestions?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

chicken friand (smothered with mushroom sauce naturally), rosemary potatoes, steamed broccoli. French onion soup. crepes romanov.

So good.

rabbitgod

All by yourself?

What is that, anyway?
Well, I shared with my wife. Plus the beer in the corner.

Figment is right, it is a Trifle. It's spiced cake with a cranberry sauce and whipped cream layers. It's a test run for this Thanksgiving. My wife and I are taking over dessert at her parents Thanksgiving. The current people purchase pies from the grocery store. We think that's fucking stupid. So we're showcasing our ability this Thanksgiving with that trifle and an apple pie.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Tonight I had leftovers from yesterday.

Mahi Mahi baked in a tomato, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno sauce over red potatoes. Awesome!

For dessert we had panna cotta

Wasabi Poptart

Smoked sausage, grape tomatoes, and broccoli served over pasta.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

A 2 liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mixtape.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Doing Thanksgiving dinner a week early to let everyone get in place for football, shopping, work, and whatever else next week. And since some can't eat turkey, and others just don't like it, I'm doing a ham instead, Good Eats style. That's a city ham with a crust of brown mustard, dark brown sugar, a spritzing of bourbon, and crushed ginger snaps. Plus rolls, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, and a sweet potato "casserole" that is really more like a sweet potato crisp. No marshmallows in sight.

Chazwozel

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes, bitches.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Chicken and sausage gumbo.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Risotto. First proper meal I've had in three days.

Wasabi Poptart

turkey chili and corn bread, maybe with a green salad

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I had a 7 oz. medium rare steak at Longhorn's!!! Wheeee!!!!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

king crab legs; sea perch topped with a dressing of crab, bread crumbs, proscuitto and parmigiano reggiano; cheddar drop biscuits, and collard greens.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Home-made moussaka with three types of meat in it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Leftovers

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Homemade Pho and a side of avocado salad

Cajungal

Cajungal

Illegal burrito.

Wasabi Poptart

Leftovers
Same here. Thanksgiving Part II.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Illegal burrito.
Care to elaborate on why it's illegal?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Illegal burrito.
Care to elaborate on why it's illegal?[/QUOTE]

It's part of the restaurant name--Izzo's Illegal burrito. They have 3 sizes: Misdemeanor, Illegal, and Felony. They're just really huge. A medium amounts to about 2.5 meals, so really I'm having leftovers from earlier.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

This was the menu for Friends-giving:

Mains:

Duck brined in brandy and orange
Braised rabbit with carrots and lemon
Porchetta (pork loin stuffed with fennel)
TURKEY (17 lb farm raised local etc)

Sides:

Brussels sprouts with lemon and bacon
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Cream of Collard Green Soup
Apple Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tart
Sweet potatoes with Fenugreek
Butter Rolls with cultured butter

Desserts:

Buttermilk Pie
Maple Cream Tart
Apple Pie Cheesecake
Jarp Pumpkin Pie
Candied Cranberries

Wasabi Poptart

I keep saying I'm going to try a buttermilk pie. What's it like?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Illegal burrito.
Care to elaborate on why it's illegal?[/quote]

It's part of the restaurant name--Izzo's Illegal burrito. They have 3 sizes: Misdemeanor, Illegal, and Felony. They're just really huge. A medium amounts to about 2.5 meals, so really I'm having leftovers from earlier.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of a pub here called The Loophole. It's right across the street from the courthouse in the Square (yes, Denton's small enough to still have a town square). All their food names are law related.

rabbitgod

Seared rare tuna salad with Chayote slaw and guajillo chile dressing

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I've just finished my stir-fry, but I burned my tongue from eating it. So, I guess it was painfully delicious.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Illegal burrito.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I hate you. I have been craving one of those for over a year now!!!

Chipotle ain't got nothing on them!

Cajun garlic butter injected chicken with a whole garlic bulb in the cavity cooking in the crockpot for dinner tonight. Some asparagus should go well with that :D

rabbitgod

Spicy Chicken Pepperonata with Lime and Mint Dressing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tomato bisque, a cheese sandwich, and tea.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I ate a bag of sour cream and onion Ruffles and dill pickle dip. I decided to go healthy today.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Sammichez!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Tonight I am making chicken soup out of the stock from yesterday. HOORAY!

Shannow

Shannow

Thin cut turkey steak, side of mixed vegetables. Go go easy cooking!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

chicken cacciatore

Wasabi Poptart

I was going to make skillet lasagna until I realized my son was having spaghetti at school today. I didn't have anything else out that was not pasta related besides sandwiches. So, I got a rotisserie chicken and will probably make veggies and seasoned rice to go with it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

a sweet potato

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

More chicken soup! Perfect weather.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

i suffer for my art. Last night, hot tomato sauce popped up on my forearm and gave me a nasty burn :(

tonight, chili

Shannow

Shannow

Last night, it was taco cervesa night! So tacos, chili and rice! Tongiht, since there is a game on, wings and beer. Wooooo!

rabbitgod

Mexican Rice Supper with Chorizo, Zucchini, and Corn. That's the name of the recipe.

It has all the ingredients above plus tomato, cilantro, serranos, and chicken broth.

It's super cheap to make, the serranos come from my garden, we grow tomatoes too, but we don't have any currently.

It also smells like nanas house.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Damn my fridge is full.

Big bowl of spaghetti carbonara, a pound-and-a-half of meatballs, rice, enough cold cuts to choke a camel, two loaves of breach each bigger than my head, cheese, milk, a big box of honey-marinated chicken ready for cooking... and some pancakes.

Sometimes one just gotta love parents comin' over and helping with the shopping ^_^

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

One of the teachers gave me a latke recipe, so I am making these crispy delights for dinner! Thinking of making different variations, too.

1. Sour cream and dill (got tons of dill growing in my aerogarden)
2. Cheddar and bacon
3. Taco?
4.....any other ideas?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Maybe tacos.... tacos sound good right now.

Either that or some turkey meatloaf and sweet potato fries.

KCWM

KCWM

burgers

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

shrimp salad, rice pilaf.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yep, it was tacos. Chicken tacos. And guacamole. :)

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Went to get po-boys instead! Mmmmm!

Wasabi Poptart

Last night was chicken breast with stuffing and broccoli. Tonight...I think we'll have leftovers from the last few days.

Chazwozel

breakfast: large Dunkin Donuts coffee and a tic tac

Wahad

Wahad

Pizza Supreme.

Odie

Pesto Chicken and Mozzarella Paninis

Covar

Covar

Tonight Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I've been up since 4:30 this morning and just want to get home, eat, build a Pathfinder Paladin and watch my Hurricanes (hopefully) not lose to the Devils.

Shannow

Shannow

Whats that!? Another wednesday night? Why, I do declare, it is time for Taco Cerversa night at the bar! once more, all i can eat taco bar and chilli and rice, as well as all i can drink beer for 10 bucks! Man, I love that bar, and wednesdays!

Second positive, they have free wifi! Bring the laptop for comic perusal on the side and darts with the crew! Truly, wednesday is my favorite day of the week!

Wasabi Poptart

breakfast: large Dunkin Donuts coffee and a tic tac
The only thing that would have made that a more balance breakfast would have been a French cruller. Yum!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

As many chicken wings as I can cram into my body.

Shannow

Shannow

Thats sundays!

Chazwozel

I am Chazwozel, and I approve of this message.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think I'll try and get my brother to come out to Chinese Combo King with me. :D

LordRendar

LordRendar

Stuck an Beer Can up a chickens ass. Into the oven. Very delish.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

baked fish, steamed veggies

Cajungal

Cajungal

Decided at the last minute to make a simple salad that's, I guess, a variation of Texas caviar.

Black and pinto beans, tomato, onion, jalapeno, avocado, corn, and spices! Yom. :D

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I've had chili for lunch and dinner the last 3 day thanks to Chaz's thread.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Thats sundays![/QUOTE]

Every bar in existence that I have ever been near, ever, in the history of the God damned world, has wing Wednesdays.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

home-made thai lettuce wraps

Chazwozel

I've had chili for lunch and dinner the last 3 day thanks to Chaz's thread.
Ditto. Good to know that my grad student instincts of finishing leftovers to the last drop still remains unwavering.

Cajungal

Cajungal

cereal

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I just wolfed down a medium Simply Donair. I feel like I ate half a truck. I'm gonna go lie down for a few.

KCWM

KCWM

Beef tips.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

After the xmas concert, the man took me out to a saloon that has steak nights on W-T-F-S. It comes with garlic crushed potatoes and a little cup of garlic butter.

Yes, butter is a side. They also give you a slice of tomato.

Gared

Gared

Shepherd's Pie - with enough left overs to feed us for the next several days.

Wasabi Poptart

Ravioli with mixed veggies and warm French bread.

Gared

Gared

Tonight: Roasted pork tenderloins with cranberry glaze, roasted potatoes and vegetables.
Tomorrow: Home made egg rolls, teriyaki steak and chicken, fried rice.

Cajungal

Cajungal

makin' pizza with turkey pepperoni, bellpepper, and baby bella mushrooms. I can smell it... it's almost done! :D

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I used baby bellas last night also...

2 Tb Olive Oil
1 lb beef tenderloin trimmings, cut into 1” cubes
1c thin sliced portabellas, in 1” width pieces
½ cup diced shallot
1.5 cup cleaned spinach leaves, no stems
½ cup burgundy wine
¾ cup vegetable broth
2-3 Tb heavy cream
1 Tb butter
salt and pepper
2tsp corn starch

[FONT=&quot]Heat oil on med-high in large skillet. Season beef with salt and pepper. Sear in hot oil, browning on all sides (5-6 mins). Add mushrooms and shallots, stir, and cook 2 more minutes. Add wine and reduce 1 minute. Add spinach and stock, reduce for 4 more minutes. Add cream and butter and season with salt and pepper. Dissolve corn starch in ½ cup room temperature water. Add to everything, mix in, simmer 1.5 minutes. Serve over rice[/FONT]

Wasabi Poptart

Shish kabob, maybe.

Odie

thin stringy pasta noodles and balls shaped from meat

Jake

Jake

Lobster etouffee. Fuck yeah!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Spicy home-made stir fry rice with bbq beef and pork.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Went out to dinner. Got bacon pancakes. So good.

Cajungal

Cajungal

turkey sandwich on wheat with pepper jack cheese :D

Wasabi Poptart

Mac n cheese with chicken nuggets. We were out all day, so there was no time to cook a decent dinner.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Slow-cooked peppered pork chops with onions and dried apples. Fork tender and oh so yummy.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Probably lentils. I got tired of them after living on em this semester, but now I want them again. Oh, lentils. You were there all along, and I almost missed you because you were wearing glasses and a ponytail.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Crown pork roast, stuffed with garlic and onions. Wild rice, salad and pie.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What kind of pie?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Fresh baked lemon merangue.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ooooooh, that sounds delicious. Enjoy. :) I'm banning myself from sweets til christmas, so I'll live vicariously.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Leftover pork chops even better the second day. And the fruitcake from Good Eats. Powerful juju, and will only keep getting stronger.

Wasabi Poptart

Chicken fajitas

Jake

Jake

Beer, wine, and bourbon. No work till Monday, then none till the Monday after!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Bacon swiss burger from the best burger place in town.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Leftover duck gumbo and orange cranberry bread pudding made by mom. :)

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

I WAS avoiding sweets til she made that...

Gared

Gared

night before last - homemade egg rolls and sauteed brussels sprouts with black bean garlic sauce.
last night - leftover egg rolls and brussels sprouts
tonight - yankee style pot roast and roasted potatoes w/ side salad.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

tonight:
Pork tenderloin rounds, in mushroom and onion sauce, garnished with tart cherries.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Having some very boring chicken and sausage gumbo with Jake's uncle and aunt. They're nice people, but their gumbo is bland. I load it down with Tabasco and file when they're not looking.

Wasabi Poptart

Maple-Peach glazed ham steak
Corn Bake
Steamed broccoli
Pumpkin pie

Troll

Troll

Spaghetti with my mother's own recipe for red sauce. Salad and fresh, warm bread to go along with it. It's a traditional meal in our house for Xmas Eve.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

braised chicken and mushrooms, creole style collard greens (sans tomatoes)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What I've eaten on every meal in the past four days:
- Christmas ham
- Meatballs
- Homemade cheese
- Liver casserole (with cranberry sauce)
- Smoked fish

On. Every. Damn. Meal.

No wonder I've been running to the crapper all day today, now that I'm back home. My stomach's in a state of shock now that I'm not eating Xmas food all the time.

Jake

Jake

Got some farm-raised rabbit from my uncle. Looks a lot tastier than wild rabbit.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'd really like to cook with the fella tonight, but I don't think he'll be up for it. Maybe I'll make some chicken and lentils myself.

Wasabi Poptart

I have no clue. I need to buy groceries and the chicken breast tenders I had planned to use tonight didn't completely thaw. Sounds like it's going to be either spaghetti or take out. I am not too happy about either one.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I have a hankering for a steak.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

sirloin and bacon hamburgers with bleu cheese crumbles

Cajungal

Cajungal

Seared tuna steak and green beans. :)

Frank

Frankie Williamson

My steak was EFFING RARE.

Covar

Covar

My steak was EFFING RARE.
Wonderful.

I think I'm going to be eating at the Cheesecake Factory tonight.

rabbitgod

I had leftovers. Chicken with cranberry mustard sauce, side of mashed sweet potato.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Mediterranean seasoned pork loin, scalloped potatoes and long-grain and wild rice.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

cajun fried catfish, redbeans and rice, fried jalapenos

Cajungal

Cajungal

The fella bought me dinner. :D Delicious chicken burrito with mounds of pico de gallo, pinto beans, and rice. No cheese, though... I'm axing any whole milk or even part skim dairy for a while. Still veryl good, though. :D There's more than half leftover, so I've got lunch tomorrow too!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Feelin' lazy. Plus, it's Twelfth Night so all the grocery stores are closed. So today it's gonna be either pea soup out of a can or spinach soup with hard-boiled eggs.

Unless the pizza/kebab places are open...

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

homemade buffalo wings

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

homemade buffalo wings
Be sure to check they are actual buffalo wings and not tiny chicken legs in hot sauce.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

homemade buffalo wings
Be sure to check they are actual buffalo wings and not tiny chicken legs in hot sauce.[/QUOTE]
Gah! I've been duped!

(the dish is named after the city where the sauce originated, fwiw)

Dusty668

*sigh*

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Salmon (baked, with honey mustard for seasoning), and grilled cheese.

JCM

Murtabak - indian pancake with chicken inside and sweet chilli sauce

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Fuckloads of hotwings. Mmmm, mmmm.

LordRendar

LordRendar

fried chicken, corn and rice. To lazy to do something fancy.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

tonight: shrimp fried rice

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Got no potatoes... I guess I'll go with chicken risotto.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Chicken Enchiladas with sour cream sauce

JCM

Pizza.

In hell.

rabbitgod

It's leftover ingredients night. It's like leftover night except we take as many scraps of leftover ingredients and other staples we have laying around and make a meal.

I have Rice and lentils with roasted garlic and onion, a little pancetta and some guajillo salsa for a little punch. It's not great, but considering I don't have any money until tomorrow, I'll take it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Made spinach stuffed chicken, boiled red potatoes, and steamed broccoli for the fella and me.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Meatball sub from Subway.

5 dollar.

5 dollar.

5 dollar footloooooooooooooongs!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Either mushroom pizza or pho. Cannot decide. It's a lovely night for soup, but I haven't been to Deano's in a long time.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

We did a Puerto Rican Chicken (lots of garlic/pepper/sole salt rub, baked), wild rice and corn on the cob tonight, 5 hours later the house still has the faint odor of garlic in it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Need something quick and filling. Chicken risotto. But not until I hit the store for some Coca-Cola and nibbleable food. I'll be camping the whole freakin' day by the comp, working that bloody Master's Thesis. IT'S GOING DOWN, BITCHES!

Jake

Jake

Marinated tuna steak on wilted greens with veggie tempura.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

It was Wednesday. Last night I ate chicken wings with some friends and some weird bum guy asked us where you go for a good time in town.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My camera phone doesn't do justice to how rich and red my filet was ;)

Jake

Jake

My camera phone doesn't do justice to how rich and red my filet was ;)
Gah! It's supposed to be brown all the way through! ;)

Dave

Dave

Oh shit. Here we go.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I know..i'm such a rabble rouser ;)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Fried Catfish, cornbread and some tater-tots, all baked (yes, I'm baking fried catfish... might have to see if I can get a friend's head to explode with that one.)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I made chili. It was awesome.

Jake

Jake

With beans, I hope.

Cajungal

Cajungal

With beans, I hope.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Didn't feel like it that day.

Dusty668

Green bean cassarole, chips and salsa and a grilled cheese sammich.

Wasabi Poptart

Chicken fajitas, refried beans, and rice.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Jake's making me a seared tuna steak with grilled red peppers, asparagus, and tomato. ^_^

Wahad

Wahad

Marinated pork chops, mashed spinach&potatoes, haricots verts with onions and salami.

When all you have is leftovers, you gotta improvise.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I made my girlfriend some manicotti before she had to go to work. She made me some boning. The trade was fair and balanced.

Shakey

Shakey

Chicken nuggets, pickled eggs, and High Life. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Salad and a sweet potato

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Lentil soup with brown rice, roasted tomatoes, onion, celery, garlic, and tons of seasonings. Turned out pretty good. I need something to go with it though. A salad would be nice.

Super simple and cheap.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, man. I should have had lentils.

Wasabi Poptart

Last night I made chili. Tonight we're having homemade baked macaroni and cheese with veggies.

Covar

Covar

Homemade pizza tonight. Sicilian style.

Chazwozel

Hot pastrami and melted swiss, on rye, with some kick ass French ground mustard I bought a the local market.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think tonight I'll have a romaine salad and a tin of sardines.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

roast pork tenderloin with pears in pear and shallot sauce.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Pears with pork huh? Sounds odd to me but I'd give it a shot. If I ever win the lottery Tin, you're gonna get hired on as a personal chef.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Looks gorgeous, Tin! I made a simple vegetable and noodle soup.

callistarya

Pears with pork huh? Sounds odd to me but I'd give it a shot. If I ever win the lottery Tin, you're gonna get hired on as a personal chef.
It was sooooo worth it. It was extremely delicious!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

pork pairs well with flehsy fruits like apples or pears

You'd have to hire Callistarya as a sous chef...I'm not one of these neat cooks..i go crazy in the kitchen, and after the tornado has passed through, there's a disaster area with a succulent dish miraculously sitting in the middle of it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I like using apricots. :)

callistarya

pork pairs well with flehsy fruits like apples or pears

You'd have to hire Callistarya as a sous chef...I'm not one of these neat cooks..i go crazy in the kitchen, and after the tornado has passed through, there's a disaster area with a succulent dish miraculously sitting in the middle of it.
OMG! Sooooo Soooo very true!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Spaghetti carbonara. *Burp*

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I like using apricots. :)
yum :p

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Damn, where do you all find time for all this awesome food? With us, it's "spaghetti" "baked chicken" "baked salmon" "baked turkey burgers". Anything we can throw in or prepare in advance. I don't know how you guys get these made on a given day.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I make things that have about 20 minutes of prep (chopping and stuff) and then a couple hours of simmering. That way my job's over really fast, and I can be left to my own devices the rest of the afternoon--except for a bit of stirring and poking here and there. I can't cook every day, but I make a lot so I don't have to.

David

David

Had a Marie Calender's chicken pot pie... was disappointingly dissatisfying :( Either it was cooked wrong or Marie Calenders just makes their chicken pot pies too bland

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

tonight's dinner took like 40 minutes, tops.

König

Dinner tonight was a belt of scotch, I don't eat dinner very often anymore...

Jake

Jake

Damn, where do you all find time for all this awesome food? With us, it's "spaghetti" "baked chicken" "baked salmon" "baked turkey burgers". Anything we can throw in or prepare in advance. I don't know how you guys get these made on a given day.
In the time it takes to boil spaghetti, you can chop some veggies and meat, sizzle them up, and add throw together a sauce. Last night I whipped up a Thai curry that took about 15 minutes (thank you Cuisinart for the prep help). Also, pan-fried or broiled salmon is almost certainly going to be faster and tastier than baked.

This activity can be combined with having your after-work beer/wine for maximum multitasking.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I usually relegate one or two side dishes to the ghetto of microwave cooking. That way I can spend more time on the main dish. I recently discovered that those new "microwave and mash" potatoes are freaking awesome. Nuke them for 10 minutes..cook something else while they nuke, and when they're done, throw in some heavy cream, salt, pepper, and butter, and go to town with your potato masher. Voila..instant side dish.

Jake

Jake

I usually relegate one or two side dishes to the ghetto of microwave cooking. That way I can spend more time on the main dish. I recently discovered that those new "microwave and mash" potatoes are freaking awesome. Nuke them for 10 minutes..cook something else while they nuke, and when they're done, throw in some heavy cream, salt, pepper, and butter, and go to town with your potato masher. Voila..instant side dish.
I usually just chuck some good ranch dressing (homemade with yogurt if I have it) in the potatoes and call it done. People rave about how good it is, but damn it's easy.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I, too, rely on easy sides. I get the steam-in-a-bag vegetables, or, better yet, just have a salad.

Jake

Jake

I, too, rely on easy sides. I get the steam-in-a-bag vegetables, or, better yet, just have a salad.
Something I've been doing recently is reducing the marinades I've used for fish or chicken a bit, then tossing in a bag of fancy salad greens (i.e. not lettuce) and wilting them a few minutes. A bag tends to reduce down to sides for 2, which gets you eating a lot more greenage than you would in salad form.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Something I've been doing recently is reducing the marinades I've used for fish or chicken a bit, then tossing in a bag of fancy salad greens (i.e. not lettuce) and wilting them a few minutes. A bag tends to reduce down to sides for 2, which gets you eating a lot more greenage than you would in salad form.[/QUOTE]

Spinach wilted over sauteed chicken is really good. And yeah, I end up eating half a bag of the stuff in one sitting. Sprinke a lil feta on there.... NOM.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'll wilt an entire bag of spinach into sirlion tips with sauce.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mmmmmmm....

This is all making my canned veggie beef soup seem very sad and dreary.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Tonight it was canned corn, served cold straight out of the can. I was stuck at the school doing maya stuff and storyboarding. Been like that a lot lately. trend should continue for some time, as I've got crazy amounts of work to do in order to score myself a co-op placement.

Gusto

Gusto

Reading this thread confirms it: I eat like a homeless person.

Wahad

Wahad

I never have the time to make fancy stuff. Which makes me sad, 'cause I love cooking. Instead I'm stuck with meat+veggies+potatoes every day, with some rice dish or pasta like once a week for variation. I mean, it's still good eating but I'd llike to expand my horizon some time. /sigh

Tonight's dinner is kale/borecole mash with smoked sausage.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Probably a sweet potato. The ones on my kitchen table are callin' out to me.

callistarya

Pizza with bacon, extra cheese, and anchovies!!!!! YUM!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Another anchovy fan, awesome!

Gusto

Gusto

Spinach ravioli. I feel a little less homeless.

Philosopher B.

I had shrimp for dinner. WITH KATSUP. :biggrin:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Lentils and rice, a beet, and a kiwi.

callistarya

Another anchovy fan, awesome!
Heck yes! .....and it was sooooo delish

Kitty Sinatra

. . . I don't want to marry you no more.

Cajungal

Cajungal

. . . I don't want to marry you no more.[/QUOTE]

What can I say? I delight in simple food and the comfort it brings. Plus, I use Beano.

Kitty Sinatra

And now I'm not sure I'd make a good husband for you, anyway: I don't even know what Beano is.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

beano contains enzymes so you are able to better process legumes. This hopefully prevents you from passing noxious gas later.

Kitty Sinatra

Huh.

I wonder if it's even available up here.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Cajungal

Cajungal

Szechuan shrimp with fried rice and a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream. ^_^

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm really proud of this chicken stew. I wish I could take a picture! Man, I haven't made anything this comforting in a while.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Beef Fajitas with sauted onions and peppers. mmm, mmm good.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Pan-fried tuna with a side of cheese whole-grain rice and steamed brocolli & cauliflower.

Wasabi Poptart

Roast turkey breast, mashed sweet potatoes, and green beans.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

tonight: chicken parmasean, rice, veggies.

Jake

Jake

Taco pizzaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Chazwozel

tonight: chicken parmasean, rice, veggies.

I think I'm the only person in the world who hates rice pilafs with Italian dishes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Leftover stew. ^_^

Gusto

Gusto

I'm making breaded chicken breasts, and oven roasted garlic cauliflower and sweet potatoes.

I so rarely cook so this feels like a big deal.

Cajungal

Cajungal

How are you preparing the sweet potatoes?

Gusto

Gusto

Just dicing 'em into bite sized cubes and tossing them in some pepper and olive oil. Bakin' 'em.

They were good.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I mentioned at dinner that you make sweet potato pie. That generated some interest.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That sounds awesome. And if they want a recipe, I'd be glad to oblige. Although you know me, I'd be guessing with measurements. :p

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Penne pasta conglomeration. No idea what else to call it, since it's basically "Nick throws a bucha stuff together and mixes". So, we've got:
-Whole grain penne pasta
-Red & white kidney beans
-Steamed & chopped up brocolli & cauliflower
-Pieces of fried chicken (garlic fried with chicken and sprinkled with pepper)
-Small bottle of alfredo sauce

Gusto

Gusto

A recipe would be excellent, thanks. And "guessing" is cooking rule 1 around here. ;)

rabbitgod

Tortilla Soup!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Tortilla Soup!
Who do you think you are? The Shredder?

Oh, wait. You said tortilla...not turtle.

Right...carry on!

Cajungal

Cajungal

:D Heeheeheeee

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Y'know, I'm feeling a little bashful when hearing what fine cuisine you fellas and Cajungal are making ;)

Me, I usually make one of these:
- Chicken risotto
- Spaghetti carbonara
- Spaghetti bolognese
- Pea soup/spinach soup out of a can
- Chicken stew.

Nothing so fancy...

Gusto

Gusto

Y'know, I'm feeling a little bashful when hearing what fine cuisine you fellas and Cajungal are making ;)

- Chicken risotto
- Spaghetti carbonara
- Spaghetti bolognese
- Chicken stew.

Nothing so fancy...
It's better than my usual:

- Toast
- Sandwich (roast beef or tuna salad if I feel fancy)
- Canned soup.
- Microwave burritos.

Et cetera.

rabbitgod

I've asked you a million times not to reveal my secret ingredients!!!!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

- Chicken risotto
- Spaghetti carbonara
- Spaghetti bolognese
- Chicken stew.

Nothing so fancy...
Oh, I rarely get to cook what I want, Here's what I can usually afford to make, both time and money-wise:

-lentils and rice
-red/white beans and rice
-canned soup
-baked chicken
-sandwiches (but really really good ones)

It's a rare treat to cook something special and fancy. Like over the holiday I got to poach pears in white wine. I NEVER GET TO POACH!

rabbitgod

Poblano Beef Tips. And I'm getting ready to down the rest of the Ice Cream.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Sausage & Chicken Gumbo, Chicken Quesidillas, Pigs in a Blanket (Lil Smokies Sausages wrapped in biscuit and baked), chips, dips, queso dip and whatever we may create in between all the other stuff. It's gonna be a party!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Boiled chicken, baked potatoes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

BBQ ribs at the fella's house :D And potato salad and beans.

Wasabi Poptart

Sloppy Joes with mac & cheese

rabbitgod

Chicken enchiladas. Leftovers from yesterday, but I think they taste better after 24 hours in the fridge so I'm pretty stoked.

Kitty Sinatra

Homemade jalepeno soup and roasted potato wedges, with a raspberry smoothie for dessert.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mom and Dad took the fella and me to Ruth's Chris steakhouse. I had a lovely medium rare filet and broccoli. I started with their awesome wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing. :D We had a really nice conversation. It's a great place, but I can never afford to eat there. Thank you, parents, for treating me. ^_^

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Beef Stroganof...........hamburger helper.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Tonight I took an antihistimine and let myself eat some shrimp (I'm allergic) for dinner. I was nearly falling asleep from the antihistimine during my D&D game, but it was worth it for those wonderful, delicious shrimp.

I didn't know what to do with it, so I went simple. Just fried the shrimp in a wok with a bit of olive oil and some parsley, boiled some whole wheat noodles, fried some cucumber and onion up and diced some tomato, then added it all together with some garlic, a sprinkle of chili powder, and more oil.

rabbitgod

Buffalo Burgers.

Take that 'Near Threatened' ox like North American mammal.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

fried catfish. Homemade soda bread

Chibibar

I am going to the store and start preparing a Chinese Hot Pot lunches tomorrow. :) going to precut veggies, shrimps, beef, and other goodies and probably make a small dinner for myself and wife tonight.

Cajungal

Cajungal

There's this place in my hometown that serves GREAT pho and yentafo soups. We went there, but I didn't feel like soup; so I tried a chicken and vegetable dish instead. MY GOD was it awful. The chicken and rice were tasteless... all the flavor was in the overly-salty sauce, so if I just wanted a bite of plain rice or chicken, it tasted like nothing. The chicken was prepared so poorly that it tasted like canning-grade. The vegetables were barely cooked. The mushrooms were slimy and cold. The ginger used to season the dish was cut into medium-dice chunks, so it didn't flavor anything... I just got a big hunk of it in a bite every now and then. I couldn't finish it. Lesson learned: only go there for soup.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Salami, swiss, and excessive amounts of horseradish mustard. Delicious.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

tonight: Beef Roulade

(it got a little messy putting it in the pot...i seem to have run out of kitchen twine..heh

Let ya know how it turns out in about 7 hours.

Chazwozel

tonight: Beef Roulade

(it got a little messy putting it in the pot...i seem to have run out of kitchen twine..heh

Let ya know how it turns out in about 7 hours.
Hint: use toothpicks.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

those are probably bigger than you imagine. I can't imagine toothpicks doing an adequate job. It stayed rolled just fine..just had a little spillage out of the open faced side. If I'd have rolled a bit of twine around it all, it would've held much more compactly.

fade

fade

Looks like lungs.

darkangel6988

I'm having Beef Burgundy.......YUMMMMMMMM !

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Looks like lungs.
It's flank steak (basically, fajita meat)..i've left the strip of fat on it, so it can render down through the roll. Rolled up inside are shiitake mushrooms, carrots, garlic, fresh parsley and spices. After cooking all day, it ought to be super-tender and tasty.

darkangel6988

Looks like lungs.
It's flank steak (basically, fajita meat)..i've left the strip of fat on it, so it can render down through the roll. Rolled up inside are shiitake mushrooms, carrots, garlic, fresh parsley and spices. After cooking all day, it ought to be super-tender and tasty.[/QUOTE]

I bet it will be tasty :)

Chazwozel

those are probably bigger than you imagine. I can't imagine toothpicks doing an adequate job. It stayed rolled just fine..just had a little spillage out of the open faced side. If I'd have rolled a bit of twine around it all, it would've held much more compactly.
No, you use the tootpicks along the edges of flank (like pins along a seam you're going to sew). I guess twine works too. My mom always used toothpicks. Nothing beats Polish Beef Roulade! http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/polishmaincourses/r/zrazy.htm

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

No, you use the tootpicks along the edges of flank (like pins along a seam you're going to sew). I guess twine works too. My mom always used toothpicks.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the seam where I had a problem..it was the open face on the side of the roll where I lost some goodies. If I had box-tied it with some twine, it would've been a little more compact and probably wouldn't have lost some of it's guts. Either way, I only lost about a quarter-cup of guts from one of the rolls, so it wasn't *that* big of an issue either way

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Turned out pretty dang good.. Made a gravy from the juices, roasted up some potatoes. Voila! Meat and potatoes..yum :)

Creature

A heaping slice of red velvet cake :biggrin:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Sauteed tilaipia with dark cherries and toasted almonds

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mmmmm tilapia.

I wanted to try and recreate the Izzo's taco, and succeeded! I wish my webcam was working. It crapped out again today. :(

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Peanut butter and honey on whole wheat! With beer.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Teriyaki salmon with broccoli and rice.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Step one: put every food item you have in the slow cooker.
Step two: turn slow cooker on, walk away.
Step three: Chili!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Eggplant stuffed with Ricotta cheese. I wish it had been a bit firmer, but it tasted alright and was pretty low cal (180).

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Nothing fancy tonight, just Chicken strips and pepper gravy with fries.

Tomorrow, tomorrow is another story, gonna do my homemade stir fry beef and pork spicy fried rice. Yummo!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

tonight: shrimp and snow peas stir fry.

Chazwozel

This thread is on strike!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Cajungal

Cajungal

I hope not a hunger strike, because I'm makin' stew. ^_^

fade

fade

Mmmmm tilapia.

I wanted to try and recreate the Izzo's taco, and succeeded! I wish my webcam was working. It crapped out again today. :(
I went to the new one in Lafayette. It was alright. Expensive! The best is still Freebirds. Blows Izzo's and Chipotle out of the water, and it doesn't cost half my paycheck like Izzo's.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The slow cooked pepperd pork chops recipe from Good Eats works just as well with pot roast. So that's what I did :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mmmmm tilapia.

I went to the new one in Lafayette. It was alright. Expensive! The best is still Freebirds. Blows Izzo's and Chipotle out of the water, and it doesn't cost half my paycheck like Izzo's.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't go there often. Luckily it's easy enough to make that stuff at home. I've never tried Freebird's. Are there any in LA?

Wasabi Poptart

red beans and rice with fresh strawberries for dessert

Gusto

Gusto

I'm making spinach ravioli tonight. I don't know if we have any sauce around though.

Chazwozel

red beans and rice with fresh strawberries for dessert

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulence

Gusto

Gusto

I'm making spinach ravioli tonight. I don't know if we have any sauce around though.
I just walked downstairs to take the ravioli out of the fridge and talk to my brother about dinner. His bedroom door was open and I didn't really look, but I think he and his girlfriend were mid-coitus.

This post is relevant, somehow.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I just walked downstairs to take the ravioli out of the fridge and talk to my brother about dinner. His bedroom door was open and I didn't really look, but I think he and his girlfriend were mid-coitus.

This post is relevant, somehow.[/QUOTE]

Of course it is. When they walk out of the room, you have to be in an apron, stirring something. Smile and say, "I hope you kids worked up an appetite!"

As for sauce--If I don't have any I just cook some garlic in olive oil, throw in some herbs, and cover the pasta with that.

Gusto

Gusto

Dinner was delicious and not awkward at all. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

yaaaaay

Wasabi Poptart

Chazwozel

MindDetective

MindDetective

Going to try a honey almond feta quiche and a honey walnut feta quiche as well.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Leftover pasta from Carrabba's and homemade soda (fermented with kefir grains).

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Leftover pasta from Carrabba's and homemade soda (fermented with kefir grains).
Yum, I love Carrabba's, but lately when we travel to Houston we've been eating at PF Chang's.

Cajungal

Cajungal

spinach omelet and toast

Wasabi Poptart

Stir fry beef and veggies with jasmine rice

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, great! Is it good?

I'm havin lentils and rice. Might make a little berry smoothie for dessert.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

chicken and broccoli alfredo

phil

phil

Tuna salad on garlic bread. Fuckin' A

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

homemade taco salad

Koko

Crunchy tacos filled with costco rotisserie chicken, summer sausage, fried onions, and hot sauce.

Wasabi Poptart

Bleh. Hamburger Helper since I spent the better part of the afternoon at the commissary. I hate pay day weekends. But to make up for it all, we had an awesome peach pie from Julian Pie Company for dessert.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Roasted turkey, glazed ham, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots, turnips, rolls, gravy, cake and beer.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Szechuan shrimp and rice, and vegetables.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Slowly recovering from a most virulent case of spring flu... my apetite has finally returned to me.

I celebrated by making a dish I rarely make: stew.

Chicken, bacon, two pounds of potatoes, spiced with paprika, oregano, basil, curry, a dash of ketchup and soy sauce, cooking cream... allowed to simmer for a while and then eaten over the following days.

The result is hot, tasty, filling, and thick enough to make a rhinoceros gag.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That looks gorgeous!

Tonight I'm just heatin up some leftover white beans and turkey sausage.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It looks better in real life. Somehow my camera managed to make the bacon bits look undercooked or anemic.

Tasted fine by me anyway. *burp*

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

last night: homemade red beans and rice and pan-seared tilapia.

i took some to work with me today for lunch, but forgot my trusty bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce :cry:

Null

Null

Leftover turkey breast.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Grainy yogurt

Wasabi Poptart

Sloppy Joes, broccoli slaw, and some kind of dessert.

Null

Null

Grainy yogurt
Isn't that Calleja's sex name?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Grainy yogurt
Isn't that Calleja's sex name?[/QUOTE]

No, that's granny yogurt.

Eriol

Eriol

Homemade grilled Cheeseburgers with a BBQ sauce we made two nights ago for some Baby Back ribs. Made a lot of BBQ sauce, so decided to use it on this!

For reference, the ribs we made the other night: Scott Hibb's Amazing Whisky Grilled Baby Back Ribs

So damned easy. We almost ate them just as they came out of the oven. Honestly didn't need the grill. I'd recommend to anybody making them though to blot the grease off of them after they come out of the oven. They flared more than a bit, and so more black than we like when it was done. Still damned tasty though.

And the BBQ sauce, well, as I said, awesome enough to do something else with it tonight!

Edit: and btw, we're not big on liquid smoke, so we omitted that, and used Crown Royal instead of whisky. Worked great.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Pardon my grubby workout-ness. Here's dinner: Toasted Stuffed pita pockets. Here's the recipe for the filling:

1 can white beans
1 small bag spinach, wilted and seasoned
1/4 cup minced onion, sauteed
2 cloves garlic, minced and sauteed

Season and puree, sprinkle with fat free cheese!

It also works as a dip for chips, pita slices, or endive.

Cajungal

Cajungal

boiled crab legs
Oh my God. That right there is my weakness. Can't wait to have a crab boil...

Andromache

Theme night.
cadbury creme eggs. mint irish cream.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Achari chicken with basmati rice - yum!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Went to WOW Cafe and got some teriyaki chicken tossers.... I am soooo sick.

Washed it down with an Abita Amber, though :awesome:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Tomorrow, baked salmon, salad, and baked potatoes. Maybe some corn if I'm feeling dangerous.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I wanted to make a nice comfort food dinner for Callistarya so I made:
Chicken fried pork chops with country gravy
pork stuffing
steamed corn

Wasabi Poptart

TACOS! OM NOM NOM NOM!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wings and rum, then more rum, then a little more rum.

Wahad

Wahad

Scrambled eggs and toast.

Got no money at hand to order something and my fridge is practically devoid of all meat and veggies, (sigh, sundays) so scrambled eggs it is.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

baked spaghetti with parmesan and capers

phil

phil

Cheeseburgers and crackers!

Ballin'

Eriol

Eriol

Pork Shishkabob! Marinated in a sesame ginger sauce, on the stick with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, orange pepper, and plantains (the last one there is an experiment). Served over rice.

Should be good! BBQ is heating up now.

makare

Pizza, chips and soda! Woot!

Hylian

Hylian

Subway sandwich and club soda

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Last night, Red Lobster with steamed Snow Crab legs, Lobster tail, Shrimp Scampi and some fried shrimp.
Tonight, beef and chicken fajitas.

Been a good two nights.

makare

Ohhh I love red lobster. Whenever I go i have the stuffed mushrooms.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Ohhh I love red lobster. Whenever I go i have the stuffed mushrooms.
We basically only go for special occasions, yesterday was my b-day, and it was just the wife and I.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Had Chili's chicken fajitas and two Abita ambers. Also a whole bottle of wine.

Actually, we've been going out to eat a lot because I don't get a fridge until the 27th.

Just want a fucking salad.

And some penis.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What a coincidence, that's what I'm having tonight. Nah, I'm kidding. We ordered pizza.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Grilled cheese sandwiches with a side of beans & franks.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Living out of an icechest sucks, btw...

Null

Null

Homemade sweet & sour beef which I improvised.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

tonight we're having manwiches.

And by manwich, I don't mean penis.

Null

Null

tonight we're having manwiches.

And by manwich, I don't mean penis.
What have you done with the REAL tinwhistler, you imposter?

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Noodles and sauce. I have some canned veggies I might toss in there... No fridge till the 27th, so I am making LOTS of pantry meals!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Last night, Cajun Dirty rice, very spicy and filling, will have for lunch a couple of times this week also.

Tonight... not sure yet, might be fajitas, might be pork chops, mights be something else, I just don't know.

Cajungal

Cajungal

a handful of almonds and a banana :(

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

We're going out for some pizza!

Oh, and that Izzo's is almost open! I think... well, it no longer looks like the dry cleaner it used to be.

Wasabi Poptart

skillet lasagna and mixed greens salad

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sardines and salad.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Imma say fuck it and not cook dinner tonight. We cleaned the kitchen really well yesterday, and I don't wanna mess it up. Going to Mandeville to try that new Voodoo BBQ and grill. I needs to get my rib on.

Doris drawn by emily ciceriega (sp?) www.emmyc.com

Gusto

Gusto

I ATE A BURGERRRRR

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I ate a different burger. Washed down with a Yuengling.

Hylian

Hylian

It wasn't dinner but I had Halibut fish N' chips for lunch

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Tonight was a "screw it, I'm tired" night, so we went to El Chico and had some soup and tamales.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Last night:
Boiled crawfish, by the pound.

We decimated a small crawfish kingdom. It was crawfish genocide.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I had one of these assholes:

Spicy Perogy pizza from Boston Pizza.

It's covered in bacon, potatoes, onions, chives and sour cream.

It's pretty much the most delicious thing I've eaten today.

Baerdog

Baerdog

By the smell of it, barbecue kielbasa, fried potatoes, and corn.

Gusto

Gusto

I had one of these assholes:

Spicy Perogy pizza from Boston Pizza.

It's covered in bacon, potatoes, onions, chives and sour cream.

It's pretty much the most delicious thing I've eaten today.
I go to the local Boston Pizza for beer and sometimes pizza most Fridays, and I applaud your choice.

Cajungal

Cajungal

LIES! I actually had sushi with my brother!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Baked tilapias--she had a side of varied veggies, I had a side of rice and potato salad.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I lied, too. We went to Cane's instead!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Enjoy a radioactive-looking pic of my dinner:

I got some whole-wheat pasta and tossed it with olive oil, tomatoes, spinach, portobello, and lots of garlic and herbs. I've been looking forward to making it all day.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Woops

figmentPez

figmentPez

Roasted sweet potato and black bean tacos, with guacamole.

Wasabi Poptart

I was going to make a ravioli casserole. I thought I bought a bag of ravioli when I went grocery shopping. Turns out I didn't. I had everything started and went to get the bag only to find it was nonexistent. I had browned ground turkey and an open jar of spaghetti sauce, so I made spaghetti.
Went to warm up two rolls my husband brought home on Friday only to find they had started to get moldy. Luckily, I did have some crescent rolls in the fridge.
I was going to make a nice, fresh salad to go with it, but Mr. Wasabi stayed a little too late with our son at the unofficial after school playgroup. Our daughter is getting in three teeth at the moment, so she wants to be held a lot. Holding a baby does not go well with chopping up veggies. No salad for us. So annoying!

/dinner rant