What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
And lest you doubt that Minecraft is hot again, the meme of the moment is chaining the lyrics for "Revenge," from back in the glory days of Minecraft MVs, and CaptainSparklez is cashing in with a new lyrics video.

And as further corroboration that it is legit and trending, there's already an Initial-D-esque Eurobeat remix.

I'm now playing Assassin's Creed 3 in my Assassin's Creed nostalgia runthrough.

Holy fuck I'd forgotten how utterly stupid these underground labyrinths are. Who decided these would be a fun addition to the game? I would literally rather crawl my way across the city than have to unlock any more fast travel stations with this underground system.

Apparently the XP etc. boosters being sold for real money in Wolfenstein was a mistake and Bethesda has fixed it. They're now lying and claiming it never happened saying people claiming they existed for sale for real money currency were MISTAKEN.

FUCK OFF.

Good thing Jim Sterling has the receipts in his videos.

Last edited:
Apparently the XP etc. boosters being sold for real money in Wolfenstein was a mistake and Bethesda has fixed it. They're now lying and claiming it never happened saying people claiming they existed for sale for real money currency were MISTAKEN.

FUCK OFF.

Good thing Jim Sterling has the receipts in his videos.
Someone figured out that you can use cheat engine to give yourself infinite currency because the game doesn't check for authentication, but Bethesda was super quick to patch that out.

Whoops, just looked into it more and it's live action, not anime! It's called Neko Atsume no Ie, the plot is basically a down-on-his-luck writer moves into a new house that happens to attracts lots of cats. Heartwarming ensues. Here's a streaming link (is that okay @Dave ?)

I am playing Hobo: Tough Life.

Its a hobo simulator set in Poland i think.
It is fun. Still in early access, but the developers keep adding stuff to the game.

So I got far enough in Arkham Knight to just be doing clean up, and I'm going to take a break. That's the beauty of the Arkham games - in a couple of months I'll be refreshed and ready to do anything but find all the Riddler trophies, because seriously, fuck that guy. Like I don't have anything better to do than that bullshit.

Anyway, I put the first 30 minutes into Prey, and so far its interesting. Looking forward to having something other than a wrench though.

figmentPez

Staff member
Cat Quest

I like this game a lot. Cat Quest refines SNES era action RPGs (e.g. Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia), in a very similar way to how Costume Quest refined SNES era turn-based RPGs. Cat Quest's humor isn't as well done, consisting mostly of cat puns and meta jokes, but it's still enough to get me to smile. The gameplay is solid, and feels very responsive. The graphics are adorable.

Overall, I'm having a great time playing this one, and I highly recommend it.

I've been playing "voez" (pronounced voice) on the switch, and it's pretty damn fun. It's a touch screen rhythm game that started out on iphone and android where it was free, but required you to buy the individual songs you wanted to play, typical in-app purchase stuff. The switch version is not free, it's $25 (unless you get it on sale like I did) but it does come with hundreds of songs to play. 144 to be exact.

If you like rhythm games and anime style music, check it out.

Get your shitty looter shooter bullshit out of my games. If I wanted to shoot 120000 bullets while watching a life bar slowly drain, I'd play garbage like Destiny or Borderlands.

Yeah, that's right. Garbage.

The only God damn life indicator a shooter should have is the arterial spray of victory or the exploding cranium of satisfaction.

Doing a reverse replay of all the Translated Ace Attorney games, and I'm on "Spirit of Justice: Ep 3. The Rite of Turnabout" and like many of the games, I REALLY wish I could SCREAM my logic at the game rather than figure out which specific piece of evidence disproves the obvious bull shit made by the witness. "I saw her shadow reverse grip the dagger"-HOW?! How could someone POSSIBLY tell a shadow was reverse gripping a dagger when you are BEHIND said shadow, IT MAKES NO SENSE! UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH-still love this game but when they add the "That's horseshit button" I'll be happy.

We started Witcher 3: Blood and Wine last night.

The scope of this DLC is way bigger than I predicted. There's quite a lot to do and explore.
ALSO (I can't remember if I've said this before) but I just love Geralt so much. Unlike a lot of gruff video game protagonists, he's so good-natured and patient, always rolling with people's weirdness. It's really refreshing.

ALSO (I can't remember if I've said this before) but I just love Geralt so much. Unlike a lot of gruff video game protagonists, he's so good-natured and patient, always rolling with people's weirdness. It's really refreshing.
He's kind of a deconstruction of the typical hyper masculine protagonist. Instead of an unfeeling brute, he is a stoic born of trauma that's actually very kind and sensitive. He doesn't want to be a screaming death machine, he does that to pay the bills and sometimes because it's the right thing to do, when really he'd rather just be living in a tiny cottage in the woods to bang hot sorceresses.

So I'm learning that I have a real pattern in games after starting Arkham Knight and Prey the exact same way:

Hour 1: It's cool and all, but it feels like so many other games I've played before. Not sure I'm going to get into this one.
Hours 2+: I have to find a way to get away from every other human being in existence so I can get another hour of my game in. Must see next thing.

Randal's Monday or as it should be called: The Clerks AU spin-off game you never knew you wanted. I mean my god, Jeff Anderson AND Jason Mewes, constant pop culture references, torturous point and click puzzles that drive you to the brink of madness-AND on sale, AWESOME!!

He's kind of a deconstruction of the typical hyper masculine protagonist. Instead of an unfeeling brute, he is a stoic born of trauma that's actually very kind and sensitive. He doesn't want to be a screaming death machine, he does that to pay the bills and sometimes because it's the right thing to do, when really he'd rather just be living in a tiny cottage in the woods to bang hot sorceresses.
A bit, he's mostly just unable to express emotions very well thanks to his mutation side effects. He's sassy AF. He's ALWAYS got a witty remark about the situation.

I gave the latest update of No Man's Sky a try. Not sure if it's my rig or what, but the game's performance is REALLY bad now. Like, slideshow bad. Like when I'm walking around my freighter, I can literally watch the game struggle to load individual wall panels into existence as I walk through a corridor.

Also, ships are now bigger (apparently so that they wouldn't look weird in VR) but a lot of other things, such as trading posts, are not bigger. This means that when I try to take off from a trading post, my ship will start colliding every which way with the trading post's structure, and I have to spend like ten seconds extricating myself.

So yeah, I'm going to give the devs a bit of time to iron out the kinks before I dive back in.

Dave

Staff member
I have had no issues other than a bugged quest that finally worked itself out after I joined someone else's game and then relogged back onto my own.

They've added some really nice stuff and some things that changed are just...face-palmingly bad.

Started a new game in No Man's Sky to see if that fixes the performance issues, in case they were caused by something borking up in my old save. Short answer, no, I'm still getting crappy performance.

Also, I ran into a game-breaking bug, in that every time I leave the Anomaly I'll get catapulted out of my ship, to leave me to die in the cold vacuum of space. And then the game will crash. But since my game is saved inside the Anomaly now, this means I'm stuck in there, I can't leave without dying and crashing.

Yep, leaving NMS for now.

I've been trying to play through the old Assassin's Creed games for nostalgia's sake, except I've run out of steam halfway through AC3. So I'm gonna install Black Flag and see if some sea shanties will revive my waning interest.