What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
Just soloing some Hell On Earth difficulty KF2 for the double XP weekend. Got my Berserker back up over level 20 again, which is nice. Dunno what I'm gonna do with him when he hits 25 again as I can't take any more prestige levels. Apparently there are only 4 to be taken.

I miiiiiiight have been up late playing Watch Dogs 2 last night after getting it super cheap via Fanatical.

Not only is the San Francisco setting gorgeous but the side stuff in the open world is a lot if fun. I spent the first hour or so doing the selfie side stuff (pictures of locales).

Plus, the game is infinitely more engaging right out of the gate compared to the first one. The hacking is incredibly fun. I spent about 10 minutes just forcing NPC cars to swerve or suddenly drive forward.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

So, I have an admission to make: I don't like the Dark Souls games. I like what they represent, the atmospheric storytelling is nice and all, it's just not at all for me. Could never get into it, and even though I like a challenge, it just never drew me in enough to make me want to git gud.

This game, however, has got me hooked. It's Samurai movie as all hell, which I really dig, and the combat is hard as nails but incredibly satisfying. I've slowly gone from getting my ass kicked to feeling like a god, and then getting my ass kicked some more and having to adapt. The game is beautiful, I highly recommend trying it out.

Completed another runthrough of Fallout 4. Sided with the Institute this time. Still a flawed game, but still enjoyable.

In commemoration of this playthrough before I move on, here's a pic of my power armor collection.

ScreenShot0.png

Beat Saber: finally got through Pop/Stars on expert+. Kept getting stuck on these certain parts, still don't know what I was doing wrong. For whatever reason blocks that go overhead seem to give me a lot of timing/spatial problems.

It's definitely an OLD SCHOOL kind of game, but it's hit 6k players and that's up from last week.

There is more to do as well, if you weren't around for the last two weeks of the game when I24 hit or the months prior... and once a stabilized I25/SCORE build is done, the plans are to add new content.

I honestly don't know what NCSoft is doing right now. They might literally be abandoning the trademark/copyright because they can't/don't want to do anything with it anymore.

It's definitely an OLD SCHOOL kind of game, but it's hit 6k players and that's up from last week.

There is more to do as well, if you weren't around for the last two weeks of the game when I24 hit or the months prior... and once a stabilized I25/SCORE build is done, the plans are to add new content.

I honestly don't know what NCSoft is doing right now. They might literally be abandoning the trademark/copyright because they can't/don't want to do anything with it anymore.
Latest I heard is NCSOFT are working with the team for a plan going forward.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

So, I have an admission to make: I don't like the Dark Souls games. I like what they represent, the atmospheric storytelling is nice and all, it's just not at all for me. Could never get into it, and even though I like a challenge, it just never drew me in enough to make me want to git gud.

This game, however, has got me hooked. It's Samurai movie as all hell, which I really dig, and the combat is hard as nails but incredibly satisfying. I've slowly gone from getting my ass kicked to feeling like a god, and then getting my ass kicked some more and having to adapt. The game is beautiful, I highly recommend trying it out.
Funny enough I have had the opposite problem. I love the Dark Souls games but I bounced right off of Sekiro.

Funny enough I have had the opposite problem. I love the Dark Souls games but I bounced right off of Sekiro.
What do you think is making it not "click" with you? Is it just the lack of a shield, like in Bloodborne? I hear that from a lot of folks who preferred a more defensive style of play.

Family patriarch (now deceased, RIP) got alien abducted and gave birth to an alien daughter. Now grown, she went into comedy and made a name for herself at the Sixamite clubs with her take on humanity. Her big break was with her own TV special. "Humans. I Know, Right?" was a smash hit on both ends of the wormhole. A bona fide star while still in her 20s, She's about to see if her act can translate into a sitcom. Time to join the acting career.

GasBandit

Staff member
Family patriarch (now deceased, RIP) got alien abducted and gave birth to an alien daughter. Now grown, she went into comedy and made a name for herself at the Sixamite clubs with her take on humanity. Her big break was with her own TV special. "Humans. I Know, Right?" was a smash hit on both ends of the wormhole. A bona fide star while still in her 20s, She's about to see if her act can translate into a sitcom. Time to join the acting career.
Reminds me of Yakov Smirnoff.

What do you think is making it not "click" with you? Is it just the lack of a shield, like in Bloodborne? I hear that from a lot of folks who preferred a more defensive style of play.
Honestly, it's the adds around bosses that drives me nuts. I don't mind tackling bosses over and over again, I do mind the 2-5 minutes of clearing adds around the bosses before attempts. It's such a huge drag.

So since The Sims kicked off my need to build things in games itch, I decided to buy Parkitect, If Planet Coaster is the spiritual successor to RCT3, then Parkitect is the spiritual successor to RCT2, I am enjoying the spritey goodness, but I will say that park goers in this game are way more forgiving of me accidentally making my coasters a little too extreme than Planet Coaster is. :)

I missed April's PS Plus games, so I missed out on Conan Exiles before I even know about it.

I know some of us had played it. Is it worth getting? The trailer looked amazing and I like the world, but reviews are divisive, which may mean I'd just have to try for myself.

Well, lucky you, seems it's on sale again this weekend for half off.

--Patrick
But $30 is more than $0*!

Before I would've tried it regardless; now I need to see if it's worth spending money.

*I know I pay for PS Plus but since I do that for the online play, the games are a "free" bonus.

Friendly guy in the /r/thesims discord gave me a tip on basement building. Get the stairs situation sorted first. Then the rest is easy. Lookit all that unused real estate.
House is Oracle House. A 50x40 lot. The most popular house of that size by far.

A bunch of nonsense no one else will understand:

I'm trying to blitz through the fan translations of Trails to Zero and Trails to Ao before the Trails of Cold Steel II remake comes out in June. I already played Trails of Cold Steel II on PC, but Trails to Ao and Trails of Cold Steel I and II intertwine so much that I really want to play Ao before I play CSII again. I have lost hope in Falcom actually giving us an English port for them. (Also, if you like RPGs, play Trails in the Sky guys. :p)

A bunch of nonsense no one else will understand:

I'm trying to blitz through the fan translations of Trails to Zero and Trails to Ao before the Trails of Cold Steel II remake comes out in June. I already played Trails of Cold Steel II on PC, but Trails to Ao and Trails of Cold Steel I and II intertwine so much that I really want to play Ao before I play CSII again. I have lost hope in Falcom actually giving us an English port for them. (Also, if you like RPGs, play Trails in the Sky guys. :p)
You're right, I don't know a thing you just said.