What are you playing?

Thank you!! I’ll check it out next time I’m on. My daughter has the PS for Fortnite at the moment :)

I’m pretty bad. I should have been working on the main quest yet....

Arcanist 23 ish
Miner 20
Weaver 15
Botanist 5

Shame lol.

Finished Axiom Verge. 66% of items, 89% of map. Assassins Creed Odyssey showed me part of the ending before the main quest was over. Now I don't want to play it anymore.

Next is Castle Crashers. I need to convince my brother to play it with me.

Kelly boinked a visiting paparazzi and got pregnant. Kaelin McAllister was the result. Turns out (thanks to maxing out her childhood skills with MCCC) she's a bowling prodigy. Check out that form.

That's her default outfit. Only change I made was CC hair.

Is the forced instance thing constant or occasional?
You will do it most dungeons in the game, because virtually all of them are required as part of the story. It's the BIGGEST downside to the story experience and I can't for the life of my understand why WoW started doing it this expansion too.

The only ones that don't force you to do them are the post-50 Hard modes, Extreme and Savage Trials, and a few side dungeons. You also never have to do any of the raid (8 man) or Alliance raid (24 man) series (though I recommend it, all of them have good stories).

However, starting with Shadowbringers (and possibly done retroactively for some dungeons) they are going to let you bring members of the Scions in with you to do dungeons if you'd prefer to solo them. But that's not until July.

I just did the second one. I have no sweet clue what I’m doing and I’m wearing garbage gear. I’m very glad I wasn’t kicked out.

Not that I didn’t anything wrong per se, but wow, do I have no idea what I’m doing. They all seemed to.
Post automatically merged:

You will do it most dungeons in the game, because virtually all of them are required as part of the story. It's the BIGGEST downside to the story experience and I can't for the life of my understand why WoW started doing it this expansion too.

The only ones that don't force you to do them are the post-50 Hard modes, Extreme and Savage Trials, and a few side dungeons. You also never have to do any of the raid (8 man) or Alliance raid (24 man) series (though I recommend it, all of them have good stories).

However, starting with Shadowbringers (and possibly done retroactively for some dungeons) they are going to let you bring members of the Scions in with you to do dungeons if you'd prefer to solo them. But that's not until July.
As awesome as that sounds, I suppose I should get used to running these with fandoms. I don’t want to wait until July.

Last edited:
It’s only giving me the option of duty roulette which is obnoxious.
You got more than one tab at the top of the Duty Finder. The tabs are...

- ? is your Roulettes. These give bonus XP and other stuff later on like tomestones, crystals, and such. You get more as you do more content.
- Dungeon 1. This is every ARR and Heavensward dungeon.
- Dungeon 2. This is just Stormblood Dungeons.
- Guildhests. These are short event things that teach you how to play the game.
- Trials 1. ARR and HW trials.
- Trials 2. Stormblood Trials.
- Raids 1. ARR and HW 8 and 24 man raids.
- Raids 2. Stormblood 8 and 24 man raids.
- PVP.
- Gold Saucer Roulettes. This is for random Chocobo racing, Triple Triad, and Mahjong.

There is also a switch for High End stuff, which is just for the HARDEST stuff currently out.

If you're having a problem picking an individual dungeon that you need to do, make sure you don't have a previous dungeon selected in your Duty Finder. Duty Finder doesn't clear unless you've logged out, so if you did Tam Tara Deepcroft earlier by selection, that selection stays active until you turn it off. Picking another option while that's still selected leads to situations where you're suddenly qued for Leveling Roulette AND a dungeon AND another Dungeon and you just get the first team of those options that pops for you.

Gearwise... the normal stuff you can get off of vendors is perfectly fine until you hit end game stuff. For 1-50 gear, you can get it all in ether Ul'dah, Gridania, or Limsa Lominsa from normal vendors or the marketboard (where it's sometimes cheaper). Don't worry too much about it right now as long as your gear is the right level for you.

So here I am, gaming on my not-so-powerful laptop, when I get a hankering to play Fallout 4. So I reinstall it, and fire it up, and find that the performance isn't great on my not-so-powerful laptop. So I fiddle with the graphical settings, to try to squeeze out some more FPS.

You know what's a big FPS killer? If you said "god rays", you'd be right.

You know what's a good way to boost your FPS? If you said "disable god rays", you'd be right.

You know what you can't do in Fallout 4? If you said "disable god rays" again, you'd once again be right.

Stupid Bethesda.

- ? is your Roulettes. These give bonus XP and other stuff later on like tomestones, crystals, and such. You get more as you do more content.
Just FYI for @Squidleybits the default is roulettes because there's a once-a-day bonus for exp, tokens, etc, for doing them, so that's what "most" people are interested in doing most of the time. So the default view is right, you just need to change off of that when doing the main quest.

figmentPez

Staff member
So here I am, gaming on my not-so-powerful laptop, when I get a hankering to play Fallout 4. So I reinstall it, and fire it up, and find that the performance isn't great on my not-so-powerful laptop. So I fiddle with the graphical settings, to try to squeeze out some more FPS.

You know what's a big FPS killer? If you said "god rays", you'd be right.

You know what's a good way to boost your FPS? If you said "disable god rays", you'd be right.

You know what you can't do in Fallout 4? If you said "disable god rays" again, you'd once again be right.

Stupid Bethesda.

TLDW; edit the ini file and look for "gr quality" and set it to -1 to turn them off.

I'm not excited about free roam anymore. This game is mean.

First, you know how detective mode in the Batman Arkham games was awesome, seamlessly turning it on and off, using it to trace the path to clues, and just generally being super useful? Yeah.... Undercover's version of it sucks. First, you can only use it standing still and in first person. Second it takes a second of a loading screen to go into it. Third, it's not used for for tracing paths or anything, just points. So you can use it to find where a collectible is, but not where the other end of the teleporter is to get into the area with that collectible. All that, and it has a range that's difficult to figure out, so searching for collectibles with it means using it, running or driving a short distance, using it again, rinse, repeat. It's slow, tedious, and very easy to miss things.

Now as to why it sucks traversing LEGO City:
- Helicopters can only land on helipads. There are like 5 in the city, at least one of which can only be reached by helicopter. Most aren't easy to get to at all. You can also jump out of helicopters.... but only onto special crash pads (or into another vehicle, though I don't think that's intended behavior.) So basically helicopters are useless as a form of transportation, unless you need to go somewhere that can only be reached by helicopter, in which case you'll wish you didn't have to go there at all.

- Boats are even worse. They're harder to find, except for the ones that are just boating around just out of reach. The water is not fun. Ever.

- Rooftops are hard to get onto, and sometimes the route to the roof a collectible is on is multiple city blocks away. It's not even always possible to visibly trace the path because teleporters, catapults, super chicken gliding, and other traversal methods can't be predicted. You can only hop on and hope they take you somewhere useful.

- There are no flying characters. Getting around New York in LEGO Marvel Superheroes is fun, because you can fly or web-sling. This makes getting some of the gold bricks trivial, but so what? LEGO City Undercover gives you a jetpack... that's less effective than Fludd from Super Mario Sunshine. The jetpack doesn't let you fly. It gives you a double jump with a limited amount of hovering. This makes traversal a lot easier, it's definitely welcome, but it doesn't fix the problems this game has with making it hard to get around.

- This game is obsessed with taking camera control away from the player. Especially on rooftops. Want to look to see where a catapult is aimed? NOPE. Want to get a better look at a nearby rooftop to try to figure out if it's part of a path to get somewhere? NOPE. Want to move the camera so that it's easier to move without falling off? NOPE. This is a problem in all LEGO games, but Undercover is so much worse about it, especially since you don't get any flying characters.

None of this makes Undercover a bad game. The story mode is still funny, and a lot of the elements that make LEGO games fun are still present, but if you like 100%-ing LEGO games, then you'll probably find this one to be highly frustrating.
This is why I'm just not enjoying Lego Jurassic World. The travel isn't remotely as fun as the superhero games.

GasBandit

Staff member
Grid 2 - it's ok I guess. It plays kinda similar to Burnout or Split/Second, but there's no turbo gimmick and no "cause explosions to happen" gimmick... instead, this game's gimmick is that you get 5 "do overs" in each race, that is, if you fuck up, you can hit backspace, and time will start going in reverse until you get back to before you fucked up, and then you can hit it again to start time going forward again, and try not to fuck up that time.

Also the cars are a lot less durable than in Burnout or Split/Second. Still not as fragile as real life, but now grinding rails and bashing walls has real consequences - damaging your front end hampers engine performance, and damaging wheels makes the car pull one direction or the other that you'll have to correct for for the rest of the race.

One thing I like about it is that it has real world cars in it, unlike many other racing games that just have fake cars and fake manufacturers. You start off with a Ford Mustang and soon after get a Nissan, then a Honda, and so on and so forth.

But what I don't like:
1) The GPS/Map is near useless, it's far too zoomed in to be useful to scouting turns coming up ahead.
2) There's still "rubberbanding" as there is in so many games. The farther ahead of you an opponent gets, the slower they drive, and the farther behind, the faster they speed up. Also, apparently I once "lapped" someone and got an achievement for it, but I never saw them as I did it, so I guess opponents turn invisible/intangible if they fall too far behind?
3) It is REALLY easy to spin out. The drifting mechanic in this game is very finicky. 90% of the time your back end will be in the wrong place, either swinging out too far or not swinging out far enough. And, at least early on, there is a huge emphasis on drifting, so if you like grip-style racing (like I do), you're kinda SOL.

TLDR: All in all, it's not a terrible game I guess, but it really doesn't have too much to make it stand out from the pack, and I'm glad it was free.

I hit level 30 last night which was awesome and I finished all the arcanist quests. I got an email as well...offering me an additional 15 free days of free game time!

What a pleasant surprise.

I just need to catch up on the main quest, because I’m thinking that I have a super long way to go before I can become a Summoner.

I hit level 30 last night which was awesome and I finished all the arcanist quests. I got an email as well...offering me an additional 15 free days of free game time!

What a pleasant surprise.

I just need to catch up on the main quest, because I’m thinking that I have a super long way to go before I can become a Summoner.
You'll be able to become a Summoner once you've complete the lvl 20 MSQ "Slyph-Management". Some of the future parts of that class experience do have other MSW requirements though.

Oh awesome. Thank you. I was worried that I’d have to get to level 30 ones. I’m at level 19 now. Won’t be long now.

The teleporting is expensive though omg.

Dave

Staff member
Playing No Man's Sky again today because PUBG was down for maintenance. And you know what? It's pretty great.

No fucking clue why it's still $60 but they fixed a lot of broken shit.

Dave

Staff member
And there's supposed to be the new "Beyond" update coming out to add more to multiplayer.

--Patrick
I saw your message on Discord as I was getting done last night. I'm curious as to what they are doing for that. I mean, right now the multi-player is fine once you each reach a certain point.

Thank you! One of the links matches my hair.

You know, the important considerations.
Post automatically merged:

Also, my little Ifrit is a beast.

I’m going to try a real key board and see how that works out for targeting and skills. I’ve already run out of room on my cross bar.

Also, my little Ifrit is a beast.

I’m going to try a real key board and see how that works out for targeting and skills. I’ve already run out of room on my cross bar.
I haven't looked at the gamepad controls in a while, but there's a way to "flip" to multiple menu bars. Holding a shoulder button (or something). Maybe it's in the help or something, but you're not limited to 4-8, it's much higher IIRC.

I haven't looked at the gamepad controls in a while, but there's a way to "flip" to multiple menu bars. Holding a shoulder button (or something). Maybe it's in the help or something, but you're not limited to 4-8, it's much higher IIRC.
You can set bars for holding any 4 trigger buttons as well as different combinations of hold

The real keyboard and mouse has been so much better! I have two bars of skills set up. I have a pet bar!! Where was that before lol?? I was able to go in and make the chat bar readably large now and increase the font size so I can be social. I can target things properly, too. I was having a lot of issues with the controller.

The real keyboard and mouse has been so much better! I have two bars of skills set up. I have a pet bar!! Where was that before lol?? I was able to go in and make the chat bar readably large now and increase the font size so I can be social. I can target things properly, too. I was having a lot of issues with the controller.
Targetting with the controller is... iffy? It's D-Pad Up/Down for allies, Right/Left for enemies and I've had to explain this to at least a hundred players during dungeon runs. I really need to get my mentor mark soon.

Dave

Staff member
I played No Man's Sky for about 14 hours yesterday - 13 of that on stream. While its miles and leagues ahead of where it was there are still some issues I have with it that really need to be addressed. And some things that are just weird.

• Each base can have up to 10 additional storage containers. These containers have only FIVE - yes, FIVE - high capacity slots. So technically the whole thing only fits 50 different items. Which is insane. These boxes are HUGE and they fit fuck-all.
  • Worse, though, is that even though you have all of this additional storage, there's no central DB. Want to find the 1000 carbon you put into your storage? Check box 1. No? Check box 2. No? Check box 3...
  • When you DO find the 1000 carbon in your storage you have to have 4 open inventory slots in your exo-suit to do anything with it. Why? Because you can't split stacks. You can't just take out 50 or 200 - it's 1000 or nothing. Suck it.
  • Multiplayer is weird. Everyone is in the same universe so it's possible to meet people. They show as glowing lights like something out of Star Trek. If you and a friend want to play you can join each others' games, but that has its own set of wonky rules.
  • If I join your game, I start in space at the planet where you currently are. Doesn't matter what my last save was. Fuck you. Now you're 30 LY away orbiting a planet you didn't know existed. What? You haven't researched warp technology or teleporters? LOL! Sucks to be you! Git gud, n00b.
  • Whether you are in a friend's game or not, you can completely manipulate anyone else's stuff. That base looking all pretty? Bet it would look good with half the walls gone. Oh, and don't bother looking for any of your stuff because it's gone. Defenses? What are they? No base defenses exist. Granted the universe is so big the chances people are going to run into you are slim to none. Except that one mission that tells you where someone else's base is. Here, I'll mark it for you on your galaxy map.
There are probably other things I'm going to run into. Even though I have 98.5 hours since Tuesday (I accidentally left is running overnight. Twice.) I still have a long way to go. I don't even have a farm or exocrafts yet so I know I'm still in the beginning stages of the game.

I still like this better than Empyrion but that game does some things better.

I played No Man's Sky for about 14 hours yesterday - 13 of that on stream. While its miles and leagues ahead of where it was there are still some issues I have with it that really need to be addressed. And some things that are just weird.

• Each base can have up to 10 additional storage containers. These containers have only FIVE - yes, FIVE - high capacity slots. So technically the whole thing only fits 50 different items. Which is insane. These boxes are HUGE and they fit fuck-all.
  • Worse, though, is that even though you have all of this additional storage, there's no central DB. Want to find the 1000 carbon you put into your storage? Check box 1. No? Check box 2. No? Check box 3...
  • When you DO find the 1000 carbon in your storage you have to have 4 open inventory slots in your exo-suit to do anything with it. Why? Because you can't split stacks. You can't just take out 50 or 200 - it's 1000 or nothing. Suck it.
  • Multiplayer is weird. Everyone is in the same universe so it's possible to meet people. They show as glowing lights like something out of Star Trek. If you and a friend want to play you can join each others' games, but that has its own set of wonky rules.
  • If I join your game, I start in space at the planet where you currently are. Doesn't matter what my last save was. Fuck you. Now you're 30 LY away orbiting a planet you didn't know existed. What? You haven't researched warp technology or teleporters? LOL! Sucks to be you! Git gud, n00b.
  • Whether you are in a friend's game or not, you can completely manipulate anyone else's stuff. That base looking all pretty? Bet it would look good with half the walls gone. Oh, and don't bother looking for any of your stuff because it's gone. Defenses? What are they? No base defenses exist. Granted the universe is so big the chances people are going to run into you are slim to none. Except that one mission that tells you where someone else's base is. Here, I'll mark it for you on your galaxy map.
There are probably other things I'm going to run into. Even though I have 98.5 hours since Tuesday (I accidentally left is running overnight. Twice.) I still have a long way to go. I don't even have a farm or exocrafts yet so I know I'm still in the beginning stages of the game.

I still like this better than Empyrion but that game does some things better.
Many of those are legitimate complaints but I know you can split stacks.

And you can turn off the ambient multiplayer (the glowing lights) if you want. The multiplayer porting people to other systems I *think* does not prohibit you from loading up in your original star system when you solo play next time. Also, you can set bases to be accessible only by friends, I think.