What are you playing?

Oh crap. I made a character on another server. Should I remake her in the morning before I get too far?

I remade her (super easy. It let me reload her appearance) and I’ll make her on Marlboro in the morning :)

Last edited:
Well I recently got back into FFXIV. I'm on Exodus though. But if we ever do a "communal" thing sometime cross-server, I'm up for it. Level 64 summoner right now, still going through the Stormblood stuff.

Level 5 Arcanistt hoping to grow up and become a summoner. I’m a pink cat lol. I had to be.

How does cross server work?

Last edited:
TIL about Town of Salem, which basically seems to be a browser based version of similar games such as Werewolf. Would anyone be interested in playing this as a forum game night sometime? I feel like we'd need a bunch to have it be fun.

TIL about Town of Salem, which basically seems to be a browser based version of similar games such as Werewolf. Would anyone be interested in playing this as a forum game night sometime? I feel like we'd need a bunch to have it be fun.
I played it for a little while several years ago, I really like it (way more than in-person versions). As long as I'm not busy when it's scheduled, I'm game.

Devil May Cry 5 is fucking incredible.

Holy shit fellers.

I don't know who lit the fire under Capcom's ass, but bravo. All their games lately have been beyond excellent.

The new mini keyboard works pretty well. I’m still getting used to the controls. A mouse would be easier, but I’ll get there.

I’m loving the exp boost because I’m thinking that I won’t need to do every side quest. Usually I’m all over those.

The new mini keyboard works pretty well. I’m still getting used to the controls. A mouse would be easier, but I’ll get there.

I’m loving the exp boost because I’m thinking that I won’t need to do every side quest. Usually I’m all over those.
With the xp boost you can pretty much ignore side quests and just do main story. Anything that is important and unlocks stuff will be blue, but the common yellow ones you can save for doing later on other jobs

I got 3 jobs (technically 4 but summoner/scholar share exp) to 50 before I even finished the story. I did have to randomly wander off to do side quests sometimes, if the level of the story quest got ahead of me, but not until the higher levels.

I thought even on consoles if you wanted to use mouse/kb, you could?
It gets better for secondary jobs. The greater the distance between your top one and the one you're playing, the greater the exp boost. You get from 1-10 in like 10 monsters (just about) on any new jobs if you care to level them.

And I have alt-itis REALLY bad:

64 Summoner (Sch, Arc)
59 Paladin
57 Astrologian
53 Red Mage
52 Dragoon
32 Black Mage (just beyond soul quest)
31 Bard (I had to be able to play music when it came in)
30 White Mage (just did the soul quest and stopped)
30 Dark Knight (that doesn't count, just did the intro quest)
30 Machinist (same as DK)

59 Botanist
Can't remember what my DoH class is (tailor? something like that) but really low, like sub-20

I’m sure I could use a mouse and keyboard later on. Right now, I’m laid up with a bad knee and I’m on a recliner with my knee propped up on a huge stuffed bear....a mini keyboard that fits on the controller is super easy for me right now :)

So, going forward will I gain Scholar levels as I gain Summoner levels?
Post automatically merged:

I thought even on consoles if you wanted to use mouse/kb, you could?

It gets better for secondary jobs. The greater the distance between your top one and the one you're playing, the greater the exp boost. You get from 1-10 in like 10 monsters (just about) on any new jobs if you care to level them.

And I have alt-itis REALLY bad:

64 Summoner (Sch, Arc)
59 Paladin
57 Astrologian
53 Red Mage
52 Dragoon
32 Black Mage (just beyond soul quest)
31 Bard (I had to be able to play music when it came in)
30 White Mage (just did the soul quest and stopped)
30 Dark Knight (that doesn't count, just did the intro quest)
30 Machinist (same as DK)

59 Botanist
Can't remember what my DoH class is (tailor? something like that) but really low, like sub-20
Your alt-it’s is awesome. I was terrible in WoW. So terrible.

Since they announced the Rune Factory 4 remaster, and Rune Factory 5 for Switch, my husband and I have been playing 4 over again on our 3dses. (It's not multiplayer, but he started playing it again so I wanted to)

So, going forward will I gain Scholar levels as I gain Summoner levels?

Once you hit 30 you'll have a quest from the Archanist guild master, finish that one then there will be a quest each to unlock summoner and scholar as job crystals, both are initially picked up from the Archanist guild.

When you've completed the summoner and scholar quests, their level matches whatever your archanist level is and any xp gained as either applies to archanist.

Just ran through them myself and am at 31ish now with all three.

Last edited:
They expect you to level at least 8 characters to 50, if not higher. I'd say this is entirely on them.
That's fair enough.

Mahavir Isha, 70 Togruta Male Jedi Sentinel LS
Strayer Voight, 70 Human Male Mercenary LS
Verdugo Estoque, 70 Sith Male Marauder DS
Zhora Feral, 40 Zabrak Female Powertech LS
H'rrao Mreran, 22 Cathar Male Vanguard DS
Vander'vecken, 46 Twi'lek Male Scoundrel LS
Azura T'Loak, 46 Chiss Female Powertech DS
Pilara Torgrena, 25 Sith Female Gunslinger LS
Xenophon Djoenis, 61 Ratatak Male Assassin DS
Gunn'hildr, 57 Mirilian Female Commando LS
Bucky Wintersol, 61 Cyborg Male Operative LS
Tarth Vayder, 41 Human Female Juggernaut LS
Corvus Fitzroy, 46 Human Male Sage LS
Rusala Arkhot, 66 Mirulakan Female Shadow LS
Beliye Kolgotky, 37 Mirulakan Female Sniper* DS

* this is weird overly complicated bad joke. 'beliye kolgotky' is Russian for 'white tights', which was the colloquial term for female snipers in the second world war, due to their winter camouflage. Mirulakans don't have eyes. So you have an eyeless sniper.

Once you hit 30 you'll have a quest from the Archanist guild master, finish that one then there will be a quest each to unlock summoner and scholar as job crystals, both are initially picked up from the Archanist guild.

When you've completed the summoner and scholar quests, their level matches whatever your archanist level is and any xp gained as either applies to archanist.

Just ran through them myself and am at 31ish now with all three.
It's entirely possible to go past 30 before you receive this quest. The quests for sub-jobs is unlocked through a story mission, I was level 40 before my archer became a bard.

I'm just pointing this out because saying 'at level 30' is really confusing for new players, especially those getting big xp buffs.

It's entirely possible to go past 30 before you receive this quest. The quests for sub-jobs is unlocked through a story mission, I was level 40 before my archer became a bard.

I'm just pointing this out because saying 'at level 30' is really confusing for new players, especially those getting big xp buffs.
I get ya. I worded it poorly.

Just explaining it as it occurred to me. I'm new, never played before Saturday. I suppose if you're not doing the guild job quests every 5 levels that could delay it but I was aiming for Summoner from the start so beelined a bit for it.

The Archanist story quest that ultimately unlocked the sub-jobs was marked as locked for me until 30, big red text when I visited her saying come back at lvl 30. Then once I finished that Archanist quest, the Summoner one was available immediately after from the interim guild leader and Scholar quest from one of the Guild Reps.

Last edited:
The "get a second class to 15" thing was dropped years ago and was a hold over from 1.0. You don't need to do it for any class...

The only class with "special" lock-outs (other than getting to Ishgard or being level 50) is Summoner, which actually requires you to do some things before some class quests become available.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm currently playing LEGO City Undercover, and I guess I'm lucky because it's not crashing on me, or having any other major glitches, yet. In fact, it's pretty damn awesome. There are a lot of great bits of comedy (I loved Morgan Freeman as Blue and the parody of The Shawshank Redemption.) I can't wait to roam around the city finding stuff when I've got all the abilities unlocked.
I'm not excited about free roam anymore. This game is mean.

First, you know how detective mode in the Batman Arkham games was awesome, seamlessly turning it on and off, using it to trace the path to clues, and just generally being super useful? Yeah.... Undercover's version of it sucks. First, you can only use it standing still and in first person. Second it takes a second of a loading screen to go into it. Third, it's not used for for tracing paths or anything, just points. So you can use it to find where a collectible is, but not where the other end of the teleporter is to get into the area with that collectible. All that, and it has a range that's difficult to figure out, so searching for collectibles with it means using it, running or driving a short distance, using it again, rinse, repeat. It's slow, tedious, and very easy to miss things.

Now as to why it sucks traversing LEGO City:
- Helicopters can only land on helipads. There are like 5 in the city, at least one of which can only be reached by helicopter. Most aren't easy to get to at all. You can also jump out of helicopters.... but only onto special crash pads (or into another vehicle, though I don't think that's intended behavior.) So basically helicopters are useless as a form of transportation, unless you need to go somewhere that can only be reached by helicopter, in which case you'll wish you didn't have to go there at all.

- Boats are even worse. They're harder to find, except for the ones that are just boating around just out of reach. The water is not fun. Ever.

- Rooftops are hard to get onto, and sometimes the route to the roof a collectible is on is multiple city blocks away. It's not even always possible to visibly trace the path because teleporters, catapults, super chicken gliding, and other traversal methods can't be predicted. You can only hop on and hope they take you somewhere useful.

- There are no flying characters. Getting around New York in LEGO Marvel Superheroes is fun, because you can fly or web-sling. This makes getting some of the gold bricks trivial, but so what? LEGO City Undercover gives you a jetpack... that's less effective than Fludd from Super Mario Sunshine. The jetpack doesn't let you fly. It gives you a double jump with a limited amount of hovering. This makes traversal a lot easier, it's definitely welcome, but it doesn't fix the problems this game has with making it hard to get around.

- This game is obsessed with taking camera control away from the player. Especially on rooftops. Want to look to see where a catapult is aimed? NOPE. Want to get a better look at a nearby rooftop to try to figure out if it's part of a path to get somewhere? NOPE. Want to move the camera so that it's easier to move without falling off? NOPE. This is a problem in all LEGO games, but Undercover is so much worse about it, especially since you don't get any flying characters.

None of this makes Undercover a bad game. The story mode is still funny, and a lot of the elements that make LEGO games fun are still present, but if you like 100%-ing LEGO games, then you'll probably find this one to be highly frustrating.

I’m sure it was evident to my party members that I had no idea what was I was doing lol.

But hey, I didn’t take much damage and I didn’t get lost.

Is there a main Aetheryte in Ul’dah? All I seem to be able to find are the mini ones at the various Guilds.

Last edited:
I’m sure it was evident to my party members that I had no idea what was I was doing lol.

But hey, I didn’t take much damage and I didn’t get lost.

Is there a main Aetheryte in Ul’dah? All I seem to be able to find are the mini ones at the various Guilds.
The main aetherite is at the front of the city, near the adventurer's guild and what I think is the gate of Thal? Or maybe the gate of... there's three gates, it's one of those.