What are you playing?

I mean I can accept wolf attacks in The Long Dark because you're in the middle of an almost populationless wilderness and The Event has made wolves more aggressive, and also they're starving because of the severe winter. But wolves are generally human-wary and will most often avoid people unless they're starving or rabid. So in most other games, like Assassin's Creed, the wolves should stay the fuck away most of the time. ESPECIALLY if there's a fire anywhere nearby.

I HAAAATE the Assassin's Creed stuff in Assassin's Creed games. I'm having a fun mercenary in Greece adventure when suddenly I'm thrust into this dumb shit ancient aliens/animus/templars etc bullshit. Just like in the last AC game I played (4, the pirate one), I like everything in the game except the fucking stupid trappings.

Ubisoft, make a fucking pirate game where you pirate about or viking about (OMG!) or Greek about WITHOUT Assassins and fucking Templars and shit.

Well, what can I do with mats that I gather? Since I'm on the free trial I don't have access to the auction house thing. Is it even worth it?
I don't know if you're still playing or already figured this out, but you do actually have access to the auction house to sell things but you have to unlock retainers first.

I don't know if you're still playing or already figured this out, but you do actually have access to the auction house to sell things but you have to unlock retainers first.
I was wondering about that. "Did they make it so you can't sell stuff in the first 30 days? That seems weird..."

You can unlock Retainers in any of the major cities. This is also how you get bank space because retainers do that too.

I was wondering about that. "Did they make it so you can't sell stuff in the first 30 days? That seems weird..."

You can unlock Retainers in any of the major cities. This is also how you get bank space because retainers do that too.
You need to advance the story far enough to be given access to retainers. Once you join the seventh scions they will eventually give you access to retainers.

GasBandit

Staff member
I got back in to Prison Architect yesterday, and tried to do the forestry money thing.

Couple tips... before you plant trees, convert all the sand to dirt. It doesn't cost anything, and trees grow twice as fast on dirt than sand.

Second tip, make sure you research Tax Breaks ASAP. Otherwise you're largely just wasting time. A tree sapling costs $100, and the wood you get from it sells for $150... but you pay 30% taxes on that $150, which comes to $45, means you're making $5 per tree. Tax breaks cut the tax in half, and quadruples your net profit.

I'm still gonna make a prison though, once I get the money flowing enough to buy more land - a prison workshop can cut one log into 4 planks that each sell for as much as the log would have.

I got back in to Prison Architect yesterday, and tried to do the forestry money thing.

Couple tips... before you plant trees, convert all the sand to dirt. It doesn't cost anything, and trees grow twice as fast on dirt than sand.

Second tip, make sure you research Tax Breaks ASAP. Otherwise you're largely just wasting time. A tree sapling costs $100, and the wood you get from it sells for $150... but you pay 30% taxes on that $150, which comes to $45, means you're making $5 per tree. Tax breaks cut the tax in half, and quadruples your net profit.

I'm still gonna make a prison though, once I get the money flowing enough to buy more land - a prison workshop can cut one log into 4 planks that each sell for as much as the log would have.
Lemme know how stable the game is for you, because for some reason Prison Architect has developed a tendency to crash on me.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait, your prison in Prison Architect doesn't have a prison on it yet?
Nah, if you start a new prison from the menu (not playing the "chapters) it just starts you off with an empty lot with a road through it, 8 workers, and like $50k.

So, I've got a small building with three offices (for the warden, foreman, and accountant) and a staff room.... and the rest of the lot is designated forestry.

Dave

Staff member
On my Twitch stream last night I played GeoGuessr with my chat. You remember when we had some fun with this a while back? Yeah. I started thinking I was good at this game. I got 4 new followers and they were all just amazing at the game.

This is just ONE example of this. We later did a "no move challenge" where you couldn't move from initial spot. They still guessed the place 4 out of 5 times.

Completed a moderately completionist playthrough of Saints Row: The Third.

Is it weird that I was kinda moved to tears when I was rampaging towards Shaundi and Viola to rescue them from certain death, while Holding Out for a Hero was blaring through my headphones?

GasBandit

Staff member
Completed a moderately completionist playthrough of Saints Row: The Third.

Is it weird that I was kinda moved to tears when I was rampaging towards Shaundi and Viola to rescue them from certain death, while Holding Out for a Hero was blaring through my headphones?
Not at all. I was right there with you, that was one of the most epic "final missions" in my video game memory.

So after ignoring my beloved DS for a while, I have a copy of Yo Kai Watch 3, but I'm trying to tie up the last couple of missions from Yo Kai Watch 2 still.

If you haven't played them, you should try one. I've read the battle system is better in 3, and that you don't need to play the others to get into it. They're like Pokemon, if Pokemon was funny and self-aware.

Oh, and every few days I play an hour of Dues Ex: Mankind Divided. Just often enough to be reminded that it's hard to get good at a game when you play for a hour every few days.

GasBandit

Staff member
Prison Architect -

I used my forestry profits to finally get around to building what I thought was a well-designed, pretty secure prison.

I just had 5 guys successfully tunnel to fucking freedom.

(Flute and brass cinematic leitmotif here)

Alright, I didn't want to put up with the hassle but I GUESS WE'RE HAVING DOG PATROLS AFTER ALL, YOU SHITS.

Seriously, guys, wtf. I caught a sixth guy who was about to go through the tunnel, mofo had one year left on his 10 year sentence, and was up for parole. How you gonna torpedo yourself like that, Jimbo?

Hope you liked your time of having a modicum of privacy and human dignity. You even passed workshop class. You had a future! Now you get to learn the joys of solitary.

As for the rest of you jagoffs, these smart guys just earned everybody a shakedown of the entire facility every 48 hours, starting at 1am. Sleep tight.

Still FF14, it's still great, but now YouTube just keeps recommending lalafell videos to me.

I think I need to make a lala alt

Since the Twitch Prime promo is only the base game, I considered for a second getting the expansions. Only to realize that the new expansion coming out in July will include all the previous ones, but even if you preorder now, you can't access the old expansions until July. And it seems like a total waste to buy Stormblood for $40, and then have to pay full price AGAIN to get Stormbringers. So, that basically kills any thoughts of considering expansions, but I doubt I was going to spend money on actual playtime in a month, so I guess it just saves me time/money in the long run.

So I played FF14 (thanks to the Twitch Prime thing) for like 15 minutes and that's all it took for me to realize that I just don't want to ever play an MMO ever again.

I'm still on my steam train. I'm playing from the letter A, assassins creed odyssey and axiom verge that are taking me a while to finish. I played all the games from the letter B. There isn't any game that really interest me in the letter C but I will try them all. The letter D on the other side, has all the Dark Souls, Dead Rising and Deus Ex games and Dragon Quest XI. I wonder if I will finish or abandon all of those this year.

FF14 update:

I started the game as a pirate, but started branching out and learning other jobs. I've now reached level 50, and completed my ninja training.

Ok, as far as the STORY is concerned, I've completed my ninja training.

I went ahead and bought the expansion pack, so I'll be trying out red mage soon.
Red Mage fulfill's it's class fantasy well. By 70, you get to do it all and there will be times when the success and failure of a raid WILL lie on your dual casting shoulders. Just get used to the low DPS output.

Dave

Staff member
Tonight! Cards Against Humanity for my stream! You are all welcome to show up & play. Starts at about 5 pm CT.

Lego Jurassic Park

So far, I've only beaten the first movie portion of the game and stated a bit of Jurassic Park II.

It's... okay, I guess? The gags to make the cutscenes silly are always a treat. The puzzles and how they use each character is clever but not difficult, as usual.

But I'm just not digging it like the DC or especially Marvel games. The sandbox over world isn't particularly fun to traverse and is actually pretty limited. And the amount of times you get to play as a dinosaur is really limited.

I might keep playing it, but I'm not as engaged as I usually am.