What are you playing?

I uploaded a video of my best run on K/DA - Pop Stars, I'm really irritated that i keep totally fucking up at the end, but it's pretty good for my third day of playing.

I am still loving the hell out of Battletech, though I took a hard mission and got my ass kicked, then bought an expensive component that will be very helpful, but also means I now have less than 2 months worth of C-Bills in the war chest, and the main character is out of action for at least 3 months and am down a couple of mechs.

I know Officer Charon, Dave, and Caleb all have it. At some point we should try and do some PVP. I'm still getting the hang of it but it should at least be moderately entertaining.

So I'm playing Subnautica, and I'm loving a lot of it, but there is one issue. I'm someone who squeaks out an hour or two every few days, and the leisurely pace required to explore and whatnot is a bit trying for me. It hasn't stopped me, but now that the messages have stopped and I don't really have anywhere to go, I'm getting stuck a bit and spending an hour finding where the magnetite is kept is rough. I'm going to build another scanner at the southern end of the ship to see if I missed any major wrecks, but I'm getting a bit stuck for sure.

GasBandit

Staff member
I find it interesting that you say that, because I hear him clear through my oculus headset...
Maybe it's just an OBS thing then, because on his stream, when he's using his headset, it's bizarrely muffled. Maybe OBS is still trying to use his regular mic.

That requires me to record myself with a green screen and edit my videos, and I don't have that much ambition right now.

So I'm playing Subnautica, and I'm loving a lot of it, but there is one issue. I'm someone who squeaks out an hour or two every few days, and the leisurely pace required to explore and whatnot is a bit trying for me. It hasn't stopped me, but now that the messages have stopped and I don't really have anywhere to go, I'm getting stuck a bit and spending an hour finding where the magnetite is kept is rough. I'm going to build another scanner at the southern end of the ship to see if I missed any major wrecks, but I'm getting a bit stuck for sure.
You've attempted the rendezvous with the Sunbeam, right?

Here's my last beat saber video for a while since I'm spending the next few days in the mountains. I moved the camera and put an appropriate avatar in.

Yep. Did some building exploration, built a nice little base and a Seamoth. Just kind of slowing down now.
Yeah, you've reached the point where the game takes off the training wheels. You won't get many (or possibly any) convenient map markers to destinations now. Further progress in the storyline will have to depend on your own initiative and explorations.

I asked about the Sunbeam specifically, though, because you can get a data download from one of the terminals in the giant gun, which gives you a hint of where your next objectives are. If you're not averse to being spoiled...

You're probably going to want to head to the Lost River next, where the Disease Research Facility is located.

Oh, and magnetite is quite common in the Jellyshroom Caves. (The subterranean biome with bright purple mushrooms and giant snakes.)

So there I was, happily on my second modded playthrough of Skyrim SE, when things started severely bugging out. I got CTDs quite a lot more than I used to, Frostfall became half broken, framerate start dropping... all that jazz.

I managed to get it mostly working again by removing Frostfall, but... well... I've gotten so used to playing Skyrim with Frostfall that it now feels like a major part of the game's gameplay is missing. It'd be like if thu'um were removed from the game. I doubt I'm going to feel motivated to continue playing much more.

I get to work this morning and realize I forgot to STOP streaming! Fuck!
Given I don't watch streams very often, I was confused when browsing this morning and seeing that somebody was streaming. Now I have my explanation.

/giggle

If you don't want the dead air playing, could you not log in to twitch, go to dashboard and reset your streaming key? You'll need to re enter the new key into OBS or whatever you use to stream later but it should stop the stream at least.

Dave

Staff member
Streaming key is how I'm going to fix it next time. Not going to set up remote into my computer. Ever.

But this time I got the wife to turn it off for me.

Reactions: Far

GasBandit

Staff member
Tried playing Legend difficulty on Vermintide 2 for the first time tonight. Boy, I thought I was semi-decent at this game, but I keep getting my ass beat. I had to completely revamp my gear loadout and talents, but finally managed to not be a goddamn burden 100% of the time, even though I was still clearly the weakest link in any game I joined. Still, managed to get the 5 legend completions for the seasonal event to get the cosmetic frame for my character portrait. Didn't get any red-level items though, so, boooo to that.... but man, it's quite a challenge, even at 30, in all 300-power orange gear. Dodging Patrols is actually something you gotta do! I can take 3 or 4 stormvermin on my own with some difficulty, but I shit you not they march by in 16s and 20s. Yeeeesh.