What are you playing?

So, in an act of BLATANT peasantry, certain people have been playing Fall Guys on console. There's no cross-platform play on this game, so instead, I simply must watch the streams and catalogue their failures.
If you have it on Steam, I'm down to game with you.

And speaking of incredibly charming games:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I played some of this when it was on PS3. But then my PS3 got corrupted and I lost my save file. I never felt like repeating it at the time, so I never really got far (got to where you started getting more party members) and especially never finished it.

But since it released on Steam, I've had it on my wishlist, waiting for it to go down in price. Well, it was at 70% off recently, so I jumped on it.

And this game is, of course, unbearably charming. It's bright, cheerful, but also with a veneer of disturbing as with something you'd expect from Studio Ghibli. And it's just a solid RPG. I haven't reached as far as I got before, but I'm getting close, if I recall. It's just such a joy to play a game like this. Kinda sorry I didn't try playing it again on PS3, but I think the corrupted files soured everything for me.

Good news: I caught up in PoE on PC :)

Bad news: I only have a few days to run 100 11 tier or higher maps if I want to spawn the harvest boss and I only have two in my inventory hahahaha.

Do any of you have any maps I could buy please?

Wasteland 3 is a great game wrapped up in terrible performance.

There have been times when I get slideshow frame rates. I have an RTX 2080 and a Ryzen 2700x and 32 jigs of ram. This is not acceptable.

I got the Xbox Game Pass, on a friend's recommendation. Decided to start playing GROUNDED.

It's basically "Honey, I Shrunk Subnautica." Open world survival, only you're shrunk in a backyard. And I'm kinda digging it.

Shame it's still very early into its Early Access as I think I've already hit the end of the story content so far. (exploring under the tree after a certain event).

Still, I really like all the different armor options for your character, and unlocking more by killing bugs.

The game has a LOT of potential, but there's not much content there yet.

Yeah, game pass works on PC. It's a bonkers deal too. I'm currently playing Wasteland 3 on it.

On the topic of Wasteland 3. Holy fucking shit, the Gippers. This is more over the top than ANYTHING in any Fallout game.

A Max Headroom AI Ronald Reagan, a cult that believes he's the God-President and a gigantic eye laser blasting Reagan statue that annihilates all commies.

Dave

Staff member
Game pass is amazing. When I see a game I want I check GP first to see if it's there. It's usually not but it has been two or three times and that's well worth the price of admission.

Finished Golf Story on the Switch. That was a very pleasant 20-ish hours. Not fond of the way it looked and played undocked, though, the art style looks bad to me on a small screen.

GasBandit

Staff member
Holy shit. Gas changed his avatar?!? How long's it been since you've changed?
Six years. I changed from the old bean can to an avatar based on branding Amy/Crone made for my youtube channel when I monetized during my Space Engineers run, so as not to draw the attention of Heinz's lawyers.

This is the kind of thing that happens because of Jackbox Night. We played some Role Models, and one of the categories was Pokemon.
It was unanimously decided that, if everyone in the group was represented uniquely by a pokemon, that I was the group's Jigglypuff.

I don't quite agree (I'm more of a haunter or at least a meowth, imo), but Celt Z made artwork based on it, and Emrys adored it, so, here I am.

Last edited:
Six years. I changed from the old bean can to an avatar based on branding Amy/Crone made for my youtube channel when I monetized during my Space Engineers run, so as not to draw the attention of Heinz's lawyers.

This is the kind of thing that happens because of Jackbox Night. We played some Role Models, and one of the categories was Pokemon.
It was unanimously decided that, if everyone in the group was represented uniquely by a pokemon, that I was the group's Jigglypuff.

I don't quite agree (I'm more of a haunter or at least a meowth, imo), but Celt Z made artwork based on it, and Emrys adored it, so, here I am.
You got Jigglypuff because you were most likely to spontaneously break in to song.

I’m looking for a cute game to play with my son via Steam please. Anything but Roblox or Minecraft.

His PC is not a gaming PC so that may be an issue. A large issue.

I’m looking for a cute game to play with my son via Steam please. Anything but Roblox or Minecraft.

His PC is not a gaming PC so that may be an issue. A large issue.
First two that come to mind are Stardew Valley and Don't Starve. They're local co-op friendly and I don't think they'd run hard on his laptop. You can always check Can You Run It on his laptop and search games to see what it can run.