What are you playing?

... So like KOTOR?
Yup. Without the whole "amnesiac Jedi Jesus" thing they did in both games. Pick your race, class, the first major part of the game would be the class story route, the second would be Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan, third would be KOTFE and KOTET and Iokath.

GasBandit

Staff member
Miracle of miracles! By grace or unknown ritual, Terrik has been allowed to rejoin the living! Unfortunately he seems to have arrived with a sickness and without any of his skill, weapon, or armor upgrades, so THAT put a big ol dent in the budget.

And almost immediately after, the town was beset by foul brigands! I sent my four strongest heroes to fight their leader (Terrik was still recouperating from becoming not-dead). It was a vicious battle, slogging through wave after wave of cutthroats to get to the boss, and everyone came to death's door multiple times. Unfortunately, Pez stepped across the threshold.

Rip pez.png

His sacrifice was not in vain, Vvulf was defeated, and the town was saved.

Ok, so since I haven't played, are you saying you recruited a Terrik2 from the stagecoach? Or is there some way to actually rez a char?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, so since I haven't played, are you saying you recruited a Terrik2 from the stagecoach? Or is there some way to actually rez a char?

--Patrick
Each "week" of play (every quest attempt causes a week of time to pass) a random event happens in town. Apparently, one of these events is the mysterious return from the grave of a hero of your choosing. I chose Terrik, because I need the tankage more now than I need Gas' damage.

If I'd just gotten another Crusader off the stagecoach, I have a list of names 35 men deep (and 13 women) who'd get first dibs, there.

Each "week" of play (every quest attempt causes a week of time to pass) a random event happens in town. Apparently, one of these events is the mysterious return from the grave of a hero of your choosing. I chose Terrik, because I need the tankage more now than I need Gas' damage.

If I'd just gotten another Crusader off the stagecoach, I have a list of names 35 men deep (and 13 women) who'd get first dibs, there.

figmentPez

Staff member
Miracle of miracles! By grace or unknown ritual, Terrik has been allowed to rejoin the living! Unfortunately he seems to have arrived with a sickness and without any of his skill, weapon, or armor upgrades, so THAT put a big ol dent in the budget.

And almost immediately after, the town was beset by foul brigands! I sent my four strongest heroes to fight their leader (Terrik was still recouperating from becoming not-dead). It was a vicious battle, slogging through wave after wave of cutthroats to get to the boss, and everyone came to death's door multiple times. Unfortunately, Pez stepped across the threshold.

View attachment 23778

His sacrifice was not in vain, Vvulf was defeated, and the town was saved.

A heroic death while partied with Celt Z, Dei and OC? At least I went out in style!

If my name's not in the hat, it should be.

At least the tale of my inevitable demise will be entertaining. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GasBandit

Staff member
If my name's not in the hat, it should be.

At least the tale of my inevitable demise will be entertaining. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh it is, and it will be.

I can't believe you won that fight. Holy crap you were hurting.
Yeah, that was dicey as fuck. I was abusing a mechanic though - as long as you have ANY hp whatsoever, no single attack will kill you. So, if you get healed from death's door by even a mere point or two, you're good to take 1 more hit, even if it's a massive one. Even if you get hit while at death's door, you get to roll to make a saving throw (and as you saw, there were several times that happened) where you have a 66% chance to not die.

But it's still a really dangerous situation, especially against opponents that apply bleed effects - because their attack might take you to death's door, and then the beginning of your next turn (where the bleed effect applies its damage) can finish you off with even its tiny, tiny damage. So, you better hope that your healer gets his turn before the poor bastard who is bleeding out. Pez just diced with death (literally) one too many times, unfortunately.

GasBandit

Staff member
BTW, I really really really liked the soundtrack for that boss battle, too... found it on its composer's youtube channel.

[DOUBLEPOST=1493825784,1493825190][/DOUBLEPOST]
...before the DLC drops in July?

--Patrick
Ok, looking at the DLC, it actually does look pretty sweet... and it supposedly runs parallel to the main game.

That last one looks like a warrior-priest right out of Warhammer Fantasy.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait, are you telling me Terrik managed to Terrik-up *being dead*? That's got to be a new high (low?) point for him.
HA!

Incidentally, I see you changed your name... when it comes your time to be fed into the thresher, would you rather be Mikerc?

HA!

Incidentally, I see you changed your name... when it comes your time to be fed into the thresher, would you rather be Mikerc?
Yeah, mikerc is a much better name, Dave sorted things for me. Turns out the mods here are actually nice helpful people. Who knew?

And I look forward to virtual me getting mauled by monsters. :D

fade

Staff member
Watchdogs

Eh. Maybe it'll get better, but so far, meh. Part of the problem is that a good deal of the game feels similar to GTA V, only with too much seriousness.

fade

Staff member
To be fair, I paid like 3 bucks for watchdogs (PS4 version) at gamestop.

Of course, I did the same for DA Inquisition, and only played about a week before it got so mindnumbingly boring that I never touched it again.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's a bad day at black rock.

bad day.png

It was supposed to be a milk run, a short skirmish mission into the ruins... But it kept getting worse... and then a sudden visit from The Collector took Amy, TinWhistler and Ravenpoe from us. We now have no jesters, no abominations and no antiquarian, and Shego's started stress eating.

And all the stupid coach keeps bringing me is level 4 vestals, despite the fact I've got three level 6 vestals. /facepalm.

This is a major setback >_<

GasBandit

Staff member
The process of rebuilding the roster will be slow... but finally got some recruits of note.

newguys.png

Still in bad need of some new Jesters though, and they seem to be in short supply. Not a lot of mirth in the hamlet, these days.

The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Super Mega Baseball Extra Innings

Picked up these two games in the Humble Bundle recently, along with They Bleed Pixels, which I haven't played yet.

Deadly Tower is kind of fun in mindless, sometimes challenging, top down beat-em-up. The main charm of the game is its style and treatment: as an old pulp sci-fi serial from the 60s, revived as a "DVD release" complete with ongoing commentary from the original "director" throughout the game. Enemies include guys in cheap gorilla suits, stop-motion dinosaurs, and bats held up by strings. It's a silly romp, but honestly, the gameplay doesn't do it for me. It's mindless at the best of times and annoyingly unresponsive at the worst of times. The game's main selling point is still its tongue-in-cheek campy presentation, but it's not holding my interest.

Super Mega Baseball, on the other hand, is surprisingly engaging. Outside of pro-wrestling, I'm not remotely a sports guy. I've played very little sports games, as well. But I don't know, this one's kind of fun. I doubt it'll hold my interest for too long, but it's pretty fun right now.

So far, I don't really regret paying $2 for these two games and They Bleed Pixels.

GasBandit

Staff member
Tonight, the Necromancer Lord was finally defeated. That's one boss down, 5 to go.

My strategy was basically to have Celt Z pelt him constantly with thrown daggers, while Terrik and Charon kept the undead throngs at bay and Kags worked healing duty (Dei was in the infirmary).

In the end, it worked pretty well. There was one close call (at about the 11 minute mark) where Terrik's stress went over 100, and I feared he might, well, Terrik it up, but he pulled through and the day was won.