What are you playing?

Yeah, the lifepod can easily drift or be pushed by Design from what I understand. I think it's supposed to be part of the motivation for building a self-sufficient base that does not rely on the lifepod.

As for the duffle bags comma I think they're just meant to be free bonus portable storage, like the waterproof storage containers you can build, but even those I can't think of a situation in which I would want to use them instead of traveling all the way back to my base.
...Do....Do you use speech recognition for the forums? Seriously?

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh and just in case I was feeling a little too fucking fancy for my Empyrion project... look at this asshole and his goddamned 5 mile long space station.

"Two and a half million tons of spinning metal. All alone in the night."

(Note: Those are large blocks, not small blocks like I am using, so each block is basically 3 times as long/wide/tall as the blocks in my build)

Steep

It's free for the weekend on UPlay, so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's basically a sandbox winter sport game, with tons of challenges and such. It's not usually my thing, but I played a snowboarding game on PS3 years ago that I liked, so there's something to these games that draw me in.

Anyway, it's pretty fun. I spent most of the hour and a half fucking around, unlocking and exploring places. Barely did any challenges, really. But honestly, if the game went on super cheap at some point, like under $10, I might get it. I'll probably play it a bit more this weekend.

GasBandit

Staff member
Empyrion -

Finished Megas' arms tonight. As the joints won't actually articulate, I decided that if they have to hold one pose forever, it might as well be a suitable one.

I'm not really happy with how the yellow flame decals came out on the sides of the forearms, but to get it any fancier will require applying another layer of specially shaped steel blocks (that's how I got the 8ball and Eye so round), which will add weight, and he's already gonna be stupid heavy - every cubic meter of "empty" space inside the shell of the blocks you see will basically be chock full of thrusters and RCS units, and even then he'll probably be ponderous to move. Which irks me, because he's SUPPOSED to be stupidly agile in canon.

Some new looks:
Tarth Vayder looking fierce in Rodian Flame Silk Aegis gear (reverse engineered from Septsilk Aegis)
Screenshot_2017-03-12_04_17_45_493593.jpg

H'rrao Mreran in an almost full set of Remnant Dreadguard Trooper Armor that I decided to use a dye pack on. As a Cathar, he's sort of the like K'zinti from the Known Space series, and they were briefly mentioned to favor this aesthetic. And also because I love how ridiculously ugly it is.
Screenshot_2017-03-12_04_17_38_870214.jpg

Mahavir Isha in level 70 gear, the chest at any rate. The schematic was a command rank drop. Looks good. Screenshot_2017-03-12_04_17_27_871585.jpg

My Imperial Operative Bucky in brand spanking new lvl 56 gear - Doonian Onslaught gear (ie reverse engineered from Tritanium gear) which looks pretty decent.
Screenshot_2017-03-12_04_17_17_779008.jpg

Oh and just in case I was feeling a little too fucking fancy for my Empyrion project... look at this asshole and his goddamned 5 mile long space station.

"Two and a half million tons of spinning metal. All alone in the night."

(Note: Those are large blocks, not small blocks like I am using, so each block is basically 3 times as long/wide/tall as the blocks in my build)
It looks, visually, on par with the special effects of Babylon 5 too!

In my latest runthrough of GTA 5, I've decided to collect as many Pegassi Zentornos as I can. Because holy shit that is one sexy car. Winning races is so easy with this thing I feel like I'm cheating.

fade

Staff member
Finished Far Cry 4. Well as far as I'm going to. I have no desire to go around and collect all the silly stuff. As usual, FC solves the Mass Effect ending issue by
making all the possible endings crappy for the game world

Finished Far Cry 4. Well as far as I'm going to. I have no desire to go around and collect all the silly stuff. As usual, FC solves the Mass Effect ending issue by
Well, now I have even less reason to finish it. I gave up out of boredom.

Okay, first a short story: I started Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Played two levels. My son started the second save spot and played one level. Yesterday, my DS fell out of my pocket when I was in a mad hurry and I picked it up but didn't notice the game cart was gone. When I told my son this, he started to get all upset. I didn't understand at first, but then I realized the issue and explained to him that I'm an adult, and I'm just going to step out over lunch the next day and buy a new one.

So occasionally, being an adult doesn't suck.

Unrelated: I'm finding that some of my favorite games on the 3DS are...I don't know the actual genre. Interactive stories? Anyway, I'm talking Zero Escape (all three), Corpse Party type things with really involved stories between gameplay elemments. Does anyone have any suggestions that I should look into?

I read somewhere that it actually has a happy ending if you just wait for the dude at the start of the game.

I got halfway through Far Cry 3 before I got distracted by other, shinier games, such as Doom. I should go back and finish it one day.

Awesomenauts

I'm done with this game. As addicting as it is, it only frustrates me to no end. If it isn't the fact that I completely suck compared to most other players, it's that said other players are complete immature dickwads.

But I knew the game was addicting for me, no matter how much it pissed me off.

So I went through Steam's customer service and had the game permanently removed from my account. Now that temptation is completely gone.

Ouch.
I mean, I'm glad you solved your problem, but ... ouch.

--Patrick
Honestly, it was a combination of two things:

1) The horrible matchmaking where you never know what skill level all players are at. Especially if they're a pre-made team, who almost always steamrolls everyone.
2) The toxic community. I know that's common in just about every online game. Which is exactly why I both never play online games or why I took one or two month breaks from this one. The rude or immature players far outnumbered the actual nice ones.

Just watch a video of it on YouTube. There is no part that you actually need to play for that one. Plus you can then skip the 13 minute wait.

Night in the Woods is incredibly good. It's an indie story based adventure game, but I think a better description would be a secret horror game, but one where the horror is the existential dread of adulthood.

Night in the Woods is incredibly good. It's an indie story based adventure game, but I think a better description would be a secret horror game, but one where the horror is the existential dread of adulthood.
There is nothing secret about the horror of Night in the Woods; everyone is trapped in a town where most people aren't working, the ones who ARE working are ether employed by the government or are stuck in minimum wage crap, your own prospects for the future just went down the toilet and you've just re-inserted yourself into your friend's lives at a time when they ether can't stand you or where you bring out the worst in them. Mae has to fill her days with... something, just to stay sane, even if it's just petty vandalism or hanging out with her friends while they go about their real lives, but that alone isn't going to make her life better. And the worst part is that this is true for just about everyone in her life.

There is no hope in Possum Springs. This town WILL burn out and be abandoned eventually. But that doesn't mean it was without meaning.

Night in the Woods is easily my pick for Best Story in a Game this year. Such a great game.

greg.gif

There is nothing secret about the horror of Night in the Woods; everyone is trapped in a town where most people aren't working, the ones who ARE working are ether employed by the government or are stuck in minimum wage crap, your own prospects for the future just went down the toilet and you've just re-inserted yourself into your friend's lives at a time when they ether can't stand you or where you bring out the worst in them. Mae has to fill her days with... something, just to stay sane, even if it's just petty vandalism or hanging out with her friends while they go about their real lives, but that alone isn't going to make her life better. And the worst part is that this is true for just about everyone in her life.

There is no hope in Possum Springs. This town WILL burn out and be abandoned eventually. But that doesn't mean it was without meaning.

Night in the Woods is easily my pick for Best Story in a Game this year. Such a great game.

View attachment 23497
And Gregg is the best.