What are you playing?

Game overload.

Mega Man Legacy Collection, Shadowrun Hong Kong, Metal Gear Solid 5, Pillars of Eternity expansion, Mad Max (hopefully it's good, but early signs say eeeeeehhh), Super Mario Maker, SOMA all in the next couple weeks.

CCHHHEEERIST!

Then Fallout 4.

I love Metal Gear Solid. I really do and it's apparently (other than the multiplayer microtransactions but I'm never touching the multiplayer anyway) Kojima's masterpiece.

I'ma gonna get it.

I love Metal Gear Solid. I really do and it's apparently (other than the multiplayer microtransactions but I'm never touching the multiplayer anyway) Kojima's masterpiece.

I'ma gonna get it.
They said that about 3, and 4. Just sayin'. Also, wasn't he fired during the production of 5?

They said that about 3, and 4. Just sayin'. Also, wasn't he fired during the production of 5?
Yeah but he stayed on to finish the game. Also the thing's getting insanely good rating all over the place, even from all the whiners that were upset about Quiet wearing a body stocking.

Yes, because she's a sniper, meaning she needs camouflage, in a high cold desert, meaning she'll be constantly suffering from exposure, in fucking Afghanistan in the 1980s! It's just standard MGS stupidity that has essentially gotten old.

3 was the best at the time. I liked 4 too, but it hasn't stood the test of time really. 4 had the Herculean task of tying up the loose ends of the series, which it was mostly successful in doing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah but he stayed on to finish the game. Also the thing's getting insanely good rating all over the place, even from all the whiners that were upset about Quiet wearing a body stocking.
Uh, just one quibble... all the pictures I've seen of her definitely weren't in a body stocking.

Just ripped pantyhose and a bikini (and combat boots and tactical belt).

Uh, just one quibble... all the pictures I've seen of her definitely weren't in a body stocking.

Just ripped pantyhose and a bikini (and combat boots and tactical belt).
Yeah I remembered wrong.

Regardless Kojima's just weird as hell and makes up reasons to put goofy things like that in his games.

fade

Staff member
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I, too, decided to try this. Can't get into it. I just don't have the time for long, drawn out, open games like this lately, and it's not much fun to play casually. Can't get into the story either, to be honest. Seems like a plot that's been done ten thousand times.

It's true that approximately 70% of my time in DX:HR is spent crouched behind a corner, waiting for that perfect moment to spring out and execute the takedown.

And now Season 5 of Pinball Arcade has begun. Another 30 bucks. (These don't go on sale for years either so there's no waiting for sale unless you're willing to wait an unbelievable amount of time)

DAMN YOU FALL GAME SEASON.

I watched the Peace Walker movie on Youtube and I just played through Ground Zeroes.

Metal Gear Solid 5. I am ready for you.

Been playing more MGS Ground Zeroes. I found Tape 4.

I kind of don't want to play anymore Metal Gear Solid.

Tape 4 is loaded with the torture of 12 year old Chico and 16 year old Paz. In it, Paz is gang-raped and then Chico is forced to rape Paz. Afterwards, Paz begins asking Chico to do it again. OH COOL, it's the garbage seemingly Japanese fetishistic notion that if you rape someone enough, they'll want it more. Thanks Kojima, always knew you were a weirdo, but this is the precipice I cannot step over. This is not mature storytelling. This is bad and frankly, disgusting writing.

It's so shitty that I don't think I'm going to play MGS5.

Last edited:
Oh, I was wrong. Paz is supposed to be 25. She just looks 16 and was pretending to be 16. NOT THAT THAT MAKES IT ACCEPTABLE.

Last edited:
And yay, more semi-incest in Metal Gear. (Paz and Chico are like siblings, if not blood related)

Thanks, Kojima.

No, I don't think they are at all. Chico had a crush on Paz.
It's all a bit complicated, but no, they are not related at all and Paz was manipulating Chico because that was what she was trained to do. She had attachment to MSF and it's members, but it certainly wasn't enough to make her side with them when the chips were down. If she did that on tape, it wasn't because she was broken... it was to twist the knife in Chico for being a complete dumb ass and getting himself caught, because now they had someone they could actually break for the info they wanted. To put it mildly, Paz is trained to resist this kind of stuff. Chico isn't.

So yeah... it's fucked up, but it's supposed to be fucked up, not titillating.

Been playing more MGS Ground Zeroes. I found Tape 4.

I kind of don't want to play anymore Metal Gear Solid.

Tape 4 is loaded with the torture of 12 year old Chico and 16 year old Paz. In it, Paz is gang-raped and then Chico is forced to rape Paz. Afterwards, Paz begins asking Chico to do it again. OH COOL, it's the garbage seemingly Japanese fetishistic notion that if you rape someone enough, they'll want it more. Thanks Kojima, always knew you were a weirdo, but this is the precipice I cannot step over. This is not mature storytelling. This is bad and frankly, disgusting writing.

It's so shitty that I don't think I'm going to play MGS5.
I just listened to it. Now I know exactly why Kojima put it in there.

It's all a bit complicated, but no, they are not related at all and Paz was manipulating Chico because that was what she was trained to do. She had attachment to MSF and it's members, but it certainly wasn't enough to make her side with them when the chips were down. If she did that on tape, it wasn't because she was broken... it was to twist the knife in Chico for being a complete dumb ass and getting himself caught, because now they had someone they could actually break for the info they wanted. To put it mildly, Paz is trained to resist this kind of stuff. Chico isn't.

So yeah... it's fucked up, but it's supposed to be fucked up, not titillating.
Great, except the writing and voice acting is too cringe-worthy in the sequence for it to be actually taken seriously. It comes across as more of Kojima's weirdness.

It's bad and it doesn't work.

Great, except the writing and voice acting is too cringe-worthy in the sequence for it to be actually taken seriously. It comes across as more of Kojima's weirdness.

It's bad and it doesn't work.
This is a legitimate point. If the series wasn't always hamming up everything, we could treat the situation with the gravitas it deserves and not expect it to be a Kojima-ism that didn't survive translation. But Chico and Paz are both so incredibly weird that it comes off as something it's not and it makes the whole thing stick out.

MGS5 Phantom Pain.... I like to say. My Pre order PS4 copy was delivered a day earlier but I have to wait until tonight to play. :(

Made it through the Missing Link part of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and... I dunno, I feel like I'm starting to get tired of it. I'm just hacking stuff for the sake of hacking them, I don't even read the contents of the emails and messages now. I'm still sneaking around and looking for secret passageways, but it's not feeling fun. Also, I've obtained pretty much all the augs I wanted, so that means I've reached a power plateau.

So, change of plans. No more sneaking around. Time to rambo through the rest of the game.

GasBandit

Staff member
I thought about giving robocraft another try, but now it wants to install some kind of crazy memory resident anti-cheat program on my computer before it will let me play, and I've never heard of it before. Look, you're ON STEAM. Can't you just use VAC? I wouldn't even reinstall punkbuster at this point, much less this no-name software that could be doing god knows what.

Started Limbo last night, finished tonight.

I don't think I got the "experience" that people have gone on about, but it was a nifty puzzle game that kept me thinking. I'm glad I didn't need to look up any solutions.