What are you playing?

It was probably smart to make Burial at Sea 2 a stealth game. It makes exploring much more time consuming. If this were as run and gun as the previous Bioshocks then it would have taken 1/3rd the time to get through.

That said Peeping Tom completely trivializes it, especially once you get the upgrades.

It was probably smart to make Burial at Sea 2 a stealth game. It makes exploring much more time consuming. If this were as run and gun as the previous Bioshocks then it would have taken 1/3rd the time to get through.

That said Peeping Tom completely trivializes it, especially once you get the upgrades.
It'll probably take me until Thursday to finish. I want to talk about it, but I'm just not far enough.

Still playing FFXIV mostly, though it's down today for the 2.2 content patch and another instance server upgrade. Just about done with the story quest on my Dragoon, excited for all the new stuff and getting to work on another class once the game's up again.

Well I had planned to play D3 tonight while FF14 was down, but apparently the game needs to do one of those stupid file reconfigures again, even though I played like two weeks ago. Not to mention having to find out that the BNet launcher bluescreens XP computers without deleting certain optional files first.

Walking dead season 2 Ep 2

Well, shit.

I can say I'm happy that the quality has continued to be consistently good. I try to play through twice, trying out different possibilities and I continue to be impressed with the writing.

I'm not sure how they could have ended it any other way, especially with the company closing.
But it didn't have to be stupid.

I was ready to take it as just a fun "what if" story through one of the timelines, but it goes to great lengths to explain parts of Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite's narrative that didn't need to be explained with "a wizard Elizabeth did it". You could glean pretty much everything that was explained unnecessarily.

I kind of regret buying the season pass a year ago and as many times as I intend to play Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, I won't be playing this again. The environments were fun, but the story--what a disappointment.

Fired up Spec Ops: The Line. Played the first two chapters or so.

Y'know, it's weird. People say the storyline for this game is so harrowing and memorable, but the gameplay's not all that innovative and can be kinda boring. But so far, I haven't found the story memorable at all, and yet I'm having a blast with the gameplay. Maybe I just need to keep playing, I dunno.

Also, I got through the first two chapters in about 30 minutes, and based on the intel menu from the main menu, there's about eight or ten chapters in total? Am I extrapolating this right? Is this game hilariously short?

Y'know, it's weird. People say the storyline for this game is so harrowing and memorable, but the gameplay's not all that innovative and can be kinda boring. But so far, I haven't found the story memorable at all, and yet I'm having a blast with the gameplay. Maybe I just need to keep playing, I dunno.

Also, I got through the first two chapters in about 30 minutes, and based on the intel menu from the main menu, there's about eight or ten chapters in total? Am I extrapolating this right? Is this game hilariously short?
You are only 2 chapters in.

It's not super short, but you really need to play through the whole thing to know the story, because it takes a pretty severe turn.

I was like, hey it's the middle of the night. I would like to play me some Final Fantasy 14 finally since I bought it for like 12 cents a while ago. Hmm, ok, register an account and now I just need to check my email for the confirmation message AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND nothing.

How long does this usually take?

-- An hour and 20 minutes later.

This is kind of ridiculous. I've checked the launcher and I gave it the right email. It ain't in my spam folder either.

Oh, it didn't work at all. The thing hadn't even acknowledged I had tried to register. Great.

== APPARENTLY I already had a Square Enix account. I don't remember ever signing up for one, but whatever, I must've a long fucking time ago. Either way, it shouldn't just act like I was actually signing up for an account and then just not send any information because I already had an account. It should be like, HEY, YOU, IDIOT, you already have an account associated with that email address.

Last edited:
I was like, hey it's the middle of the night. I would like to play me some Final Fantasy 14 finally since I bought it for like 12 cents a while ago. Hmm, ok, register an account and now I just need to check my email for the confirmation message AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND nothing.

How long does this usually take?

-- An hour and 20 minutes later.

This is kind of ridiculous. I've checked the launcher and I gave it the right email. It ain't in my spam folder either.

Oh, it didn't work at all. The thing hadn't even acknowledged I had tried to register. Great.
Depending on when you did that, it could have been mid-maintenance. They took the website and game down for about 20 hours for a major server overhaul and content patch, followed by about 3 hour emergency maintenance last night.

I'm still annoyed at Burial at Sea. I'm never buying a season pass again. Wait for the DLC to drop, THEN purchase IF I want it.

Yup. I feel exactly the same. I thought we were going to get new stuff based on some of the voice recordings throughout the game like the bounty hunter guy.

Yup. I feel exactly the same. I thought we were going to get new stuff based on some of the voice recordings throughout the game like the bounty hunter guy.
Exactly. People came up with all sorts of great ideas in the lengthy wait for the first story DLC. The fiction had an infinite universe, infinite timelines, and the makers went back to the first game. I'm not going to play Burial at Sea when I want the first game--I'm going to play the first game.

What's also obnoxious is how people who liked it are acting like those who didn't are either:
A. Sad about the end.
B. Unable to comprehend the events.

The ending to Infinite was sad. This was stupid.
There is no way to not comprehend the events of Burial at Sea. They could not spell things out for anyone any more than they did. They spell things out for the other games that didn't need it. They create plotholes in the desperate need to link two games that didn't need to be linked any more than they already were.

So, I'm playing more Spec Ops: The Line, and I get to the part where I rescue Gould. And I think to myself, "Well, I guess this game's pretty good, but honestly I'm not seeing what's so awesome about the story. Maybe it's all just been hyped up too much. I think I'll go check the storyline on Wikipedia."

Five minutes later: "Fuck, I wish I hadn't done that."

So, I'm playing more Spec Ops: The Line, and I get to the part where I rescue Gould. And I think to myself, "Well, I guess this game's pretty good, but honestly I'm not seeing what's so awesome about the story. Maybe it's all just been hyped up too much. I think I'll go check the storyline on Wikipedia."

Five minutes later: "Fuck, I wish I hadn't done that."
Next time you'll listen to us when we say "Just keep playing"

Necronic

Staff member
Bought Kenshi this weekend on a lark, seemed like an interesting concept and may be decent. Understatement of the century.....If they really get going on the development this could be one of the best games I have ever played. It's like Mount and Blade meets Dwarf Fortress meets Fallout, with Samurai.....

What bothers me is that it's been in alpha for at least 3 years, and from what I can tell (based on the date he started the forums) it may have been in development since 2008. That said, the developer is very active, and it's consistent activity as well. Lots of updates, but....I dunno, I'm concerned he won't get there. If he doesn't I hope beyond hope that some other good strategy developer grabs the IP and runs with it (looking at you Stardock...)

I bought that on sale 3 years ago for like 5$. Was way too alpha for me. Decent concept but I don't think it'll ever lead to anything from watching g let's play vids over the Xmas break

Necronic

Staff member
I played Arma3 - Zeus for the last 2 nights. It's amazing. It allows a "DM" type to place enemies and create objectives. Our DM is awesome, and it makes for one of the most interesting FPS experiences of my life.

Necronic

Staff member
Not sure what else to say. You have someone in charge (who is running the server presumably). They can create enemy troops, set up your supplies, and give you objectives. The objectives I have seen have been pretty varied so far, so its not just a case of "go here and kill this". We've had a lot of fun with it. I don't know if you're familiar with Arma but it's a bit of a peculiar FPS. Highly realistic, to the point that some people don't like it. To be honest sometimes its a little glitchy. But there is nothing like coming in on a helicopter under fire, hitting the ground and waxing some duders, and the ability for the DM to control the scenarios increases the replayability.

Also the DM can throw lightning bolts.