What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh hey, a remake of a song I really like from.. uh..

No fucking way. Somebody Told Me could NOT have originally be released SIXTEEN YEARS AGO.... It can't beeeeeee

It's my birthday, and I'm pissed drunk coming off a night of D&D, and I just realized I haven't blessed you all with Bite Me Bambi yet. They're real newcomers, but this year, despite the pandemic, they've beemn incredibly productive and cemented themselves as a favourite for me.

Dave

Staff member
I found an artist that I didn't know previously. Now I'm listening to everything he does. Nathaniel Rateliff. Just amazing.

Back when I still drove a car a billion years ago, I heard this guy a lot because my local radio station tried to play as many local artists as possible.

First one reminds me a lot of Springsteen's "I'm On Fire."
Second one of "Suspicious Minds."
The band name ("...& the Night Sweats") sounds familiar, though. Probably came across one of the alt-whatever stations people keep playing at work.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Love this song but I hadn't heard it until a few days ago. Apparently they sang it on Fallon and got a standing ovation.

Also, I just want to mention that this thread being in general when all the other what media are you consuming threads are in media means I can never find it without searching

Ok, so I'm sharing this because it's been almost three months and I had no idea one of my favorite band members put out a solo EP.

It's haunting and feels very of the moment, especially after this past week. Almost scary how it feels more now than two months ago.

Gifted that album to my wife for her b'day just because of "Anxiety" and "If We Were Vampires." Those two hit hard.

--Patrick