[Important] Welcome to our new Admin - GasBandit!

fade

Staff member
Will we as tribute have to volunteer a single member of each hal-faction in a banal, blandly-written death game?

What is all this i don't even[DOUBLEPOST=1415913957,1415913498][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, as a first act as new admin, maybe GB can check a lot of embedded youtube/other videos aren't loading for me most of the time (I just get a black screen where a preview should be). It might show after reloading the page a few times, but with multiple videos on one page it will never show all of them anymore. It happened around this week, so sort of around the same time.. that you became.... an admin.
*GASP* censorship!!

(seriously though, anybody else have this problem?)

Dave

Staff member
What is all this i don't even[DOUBLEPOST=1415913957,1415913498][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, as a first act as new admin, maybe GB can check a lot of embedded youtube/other videos aren't loading for me most of the time (I just get a black screen where a preview should be). It might show after reloading the page a few times, but with multiple videos on one page it will never show all of them anymore. It happened around this week, so sort of around the same time.. that you became.... an admin.
*GASP* censorship!!

(seriously though, anybody else have this problem?)
Anyone? It's not happening to me, but I just loaded a new BBCode addon, so it could be affecting old content.[DOUBLEPOST=1415914194][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you give me an example of one that does not play?

All three one page 1 of this thread (the middle onew did show after a reload), or the second or third one on page 178 of the Awesome Videos thread (it does load the 1st one by Terrik, but not the ones by Fade and GB). Funnily enough, when they are quoted by someone, I do see the smaller thumbnail. This only happens on Firefox, where I have NoScript running (though it never gave any trouble before). On Chrome it shows everything fine.

Dave

Staff member
Well then, if it shows on Chrome fine I'd say we have a FireFox issue. Try disabling NoScript for a bit and reload.

GasBandit

Staff member
All three one page 1 of this thread (the middle onew did show after a reload), or the second or third one on page 178 of the Awesome Videos thread (it does load the 1st one by Terrik, but not the ones by Fade and GB). Funnily enough, when they are quoted by someone, I do see the smaller thumbnail. This only happens on Firefox, where I have NoScript running (though it never gave any trouble before). On Chrome it shows everything fine.
Sounds like to me noscript might have some problems with the new xenforo media plugins.
Might just be easiest to add halforums.com to the noscript whitelist? Not like we even show ads any more.

Flash player did just update AGAIN in the last day or two (from v189 to v223), so (lack of this update) might also be the reason.[DOUBLEPOST=1415916971,1415916932][/DOUBLEPOST]
"A cheese" is some uncomfortable English.
I know! It stomps all over the punchline.

--Patrick

I am having issues with the forum ever since they updated Firefox. I can't upload files at all and I think the reply button is wonky. My NoScript is not blocking anything. I usually end up posting from my phone anyways so I didn't bring it up.