Weird weather

Forget the weather! We can’t go outside now because of MURDER HORNETS*!

(*may not be, in fact, murder hornets, but instead normal hornets who seem to be inordinately aggressive.)
I know a lot of the hornets around my place are inordinately pissy lately. I chalked it up to the heat.

You don't say?
Well... yeah. I never know how closely y'all watch the storms this far out.

The hurricane center hasn't posted an official track yet, but the computer models are suggesting it's going to move N or NNE. It's probably going to be a fast moving storm that also rapidly intensifies.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also I don't know if Terrik even monitors the forum any more, but he moved away from Florida when he graduated Dental school. I think he's in PA now.

Dave

Staff member
Today's the first break we've had in the weather in a week. Kerri and I planned on going to a water park. I know it's still going to be in the low-mid 80's but now it feels too cold to go!

Finally a forecast that isn’t all 100°f+ high temps. Today is only expected to get into the mid 80s, and the next week to only be in the 90s steadily climbing during that week. Finally got some rain for the first time since May last night and a new all-time high temp for the date, 109°f.

Welp, looks like Hurricane Lee MIGHT be cutting right through my neck of the woods. It might not, of course. It might downgrade to a tropical storm by the time it hits us. It might pivot and miss us entirely. But right now, it's not looking good.

Last edited:
I think most of Texas is done with triple digit temperatures for the season. We’ve finally had 3 days in a row with rain but still under drought conditions and outdoor burn bans because the surface may be damp, but brush/trees and leaves are still super dry.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think most of Texas is done with triple digit temperatures for the season. We’ve finally had 3 days in a row with rain but still under drought conditions and outdoor burn bans because the surface may be damp, but brush/trees and leaves are still super dry.
"If there's a drought, why is my lawn damp? CHECKMATE LIBERALS"