[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

That reminds me, I'm gonna have a good night tonight. Even if my super cool social plans get cancelled, I'll get to play the new Sims EP for the first time.

More evidence in today's Girl Genius that Higgs is ether one of the missing Heterodynes or worked with/against them a long time ago. I really hope the reveal about Higgs is good, when it eventually happens.

Well I just finished the main Superfogeys story-line. Now if you excuse me, I am going to look at videos of cute animals playing as the occasional jokes in this comic do not make me forget how incredibly dark this comic is. Also the orphan eating jokes aren't so much funny as they are creepy.

Okay, that's proof that the world is messed up. Buckley is more funny and timely than Tasetmaker(tm)
Wait, this is news? I've known that for years!

Also I am over the loss of Ethan, and while it was rushed it wasn't that bad an ending. At least Tim ENDED the original story rather than keeping it going when it should have ended after Brent and Jade got married.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, his ORIGINAL ending sucked, but enough people yelled at him he tacked on one more for closure, and that made the ending ok.

figmentPez

Staff member
Dude, provide a link for that. Sure, you included the name which can be easily Googled, but a link to Fizzlebit is easier for those to lazy to Google, and helps shape search results.

That could have been 3 panels. 2 if you implied a lot, which would be pretty simple if this is an ongoing story, which it seems like it is.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Yeah... the only reason why I even keep checking Sinfest is because of the art in the Sunday strips.

Seriously, why does Tatsuya Ishida want us to feel bad for our gender?

Not to mention the joke wasn't funny nor relevant! 6th sense came out over a decade ago, the ship sailed on parodying that years ago.

Seriously though the comic reads like some male feminists I know, praising femininity but demonizing masculinity.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah... the only reason why I even keep checking Sinfest is because of the art in the Sunday strips.

Seriously, why does Tatsuya Ishida want us to feel bad for our gender?
I still think he got a new girlfriend (or maybe just has a crush on someone) who is a militant feminist, and is wooing her by doing "penance" strips for his "patriarchy-rape-culture-past" comic self.

But the previous comic that one apparently replaced was even worse. I dunno why he took it down (maybe he realized how awful it was) but it showed the microtrike-microdyke typing up a novel entitled "single shade of grey," and the book went,

Panel 2: "No," she said.

Panel 3: And he respected her wishes and never bothered her again.

Panel 4: The end.

Aside from the usual level of new-sinfest archfeminist banality (and it directly runs contrary to countless examples of persistence paying off), it inadvertently illustrated how those of Ishida's purported new mindset consider PC misandry to trump all other concerns, including artistry. Not that I'd assert 50 shades of grey is by any means quality art, but come on.

"The wise don’t make a show of their knowledge, but fools broadcast their foolishness."

- Some king in the Middle East back about 3,000 years ago.