[Rant] Villains whom you always wanted to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
For me, Death Note ended after the first season. And I wished Nunnally had really died when the tokyo settlement got nuked (by another name), thus freeing Lelouche from his achilles heel.

Of course I also second "Soon I will be invincible" but that one's by the book's design - you're supposed to commiserate with Prof. Impossible there.

Sid 6.7 from virtuosity.

Also, I know he was subjected to Villain Decay, but I always rooted for Miles Edgeworth right from the get go.

Lelouche DID win. He got everything he wanted, except to be with that girl from the school. I'd say he came out well ahead still.

GasBandit

Staff member
Lelouche DID win. He got everything he wanted, except to be with that girl from the school. I'd say he came out well ahead still.
Nunnally disagreed. She didn't want any of what he was doing on her behalf, especially if it meant his death. Furthermore, all his major setbacks can be traced to her as well. If not for the "Nunnally factor," the first black rebellion would have won as well. Lelouche's revenge on Brittania would have been better and more quickly accomplished had Nunnally (man I'm getting tired of typing that ridiculous name) not survived the attack on their mother, with the "happy" end result of him standing astride the world like a behemoth - like the father he hated had before him.

Yeah, but would he have even bothered to try for revenge if Nunally hasn't lived? Or would have spent the rest of his life ripping of gangsters and fucking people over like he had been doing before meeting CC? Without Nunally, I really don't see him bothering to do any of it.

Char from the Gundam franchise. Now in war stories the other sides are indeed supposed to be the villain, however in real war it is never that one-sided. Char was a great character, strong in his convictions, always ready to fight, plus I think he was one of those new-type dealies. And while were supposed to find his actions cruel keep in mind this is freaking WAR. It's not like he strangled puppies or anything, he was just a soldier fighting for his cause. No offense Amuro, but Char is clearly the more compelling character(his constant whining didn't help either).

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, but would he have even bothered to try for revenge if Nunally hasn't lived? Or would have spent the rest of his life ripping of gangsters and fucking people over like he had been doing before meeting CC? Without Nunally, I really don't see him bothering to do any of it.
If we assume his meeting with CC was not prevented by Nunally's death, I don't see what would otherwise prevent him from ascending to the throne by force and geass.

If we assume his meeting with CC was not prevented by Nunally's death, I don't see what would otherwise prevent him from ascending to the throne by force and geass.
Wasn't his original motivation to do that BECAUSE of Nunally? Again, why would he do what he did without the thing that motivated him to start? Why wouldn't he use his Geass to control the criminal underworld or to become a leader of industry?

Without the motivation, why would he even start?

GasBandit

Staff member
Wasn't his original motivation to do that BECAUSE of Nunally? Again, why would he do what he did without the thing that motivated him to start? Why wouldn't he use his Geass to control the criminal underworld or to become a leader of industry?

Without the motivation, why would he even start?
He often told himself, or others, that Nunally was his primary motivation, but it was clear she was just part of his motivation - the rest being revenge on his father and the destruction of Britannia. Had she died in childhood, the confrontation between his child self and Emperor Charles would have probably gone similarly, and he still would have been sent to Japan as hostage. The criminal underworld angle wouldn't be likely - he didn't obtain geass until events were already set in motion that made it far more natural to do what he did - co-opt a convenient rebel faction, turn it into his personal military, and exact his vengeance.

It's possible that he'd have found a different motivation to do it, but I still think there is a good chance he'd just skip it. At least he'd have gotten Shirley that way.

I still think the alternate character of Nunally (where she has the Geass and is FUCKING CRAZY) would have made a better show.

GasBandit

Staff member
I tried reading nightmare of nunally... but I couldn't continue very far. I have extremely low tolerance of "magical girl desu" animu.

Kira I could've gone either way with him winning. Personally I was in it for Ryuk. He was silly!

Prince Lothor from Voltron. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay more charismatic than the Voltron force.

Dave

Staff member
I'm creating a spinoff thread: What heroes did you always want to see bitchslapped?

Madcap.
406px-Madcap-bio.jpg

Dude went through some seriously bad stuff that wasn't his fault, went genuinely crazy. He never really seems to deliberately try to hurt anyone, he just wants everyone to let loose and have fun, but all these wet-blanket heroes keep interfering.

--Patrick

Bandora/Rita Repulsa from Might Morphin Power Rangers/ Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. Mostly in the Japanese version, but the American version is honestly more memorable than the rangers themselves at times. In the Japanse version, she is more memorable than the Zyurangers ALL THE TIME. They are just so damned boring, and Bandora is just this fun crazy witch! Plus you kind-of feel bad for her since the reason she went to war with the dinosaurs is because a T-rex killed her son for breaking some eggs. And yet in this show dinosaurs are regarded as gods, yet they won't forgive a stupid child. Plus her songs are fun.

Not the best song I'll admit, but its one more musical number than the rangers have. That being zero.

They did some stuff on the show when Bandora/Rita's actor died. Can't remember what it was, but it was implied in the US shows that she reformed a long time ago and had been helping a Ranger team since then.

They did some stuff on the show when Bandora/Rita's actor died. Can't remember what it was, but it was implied in the US shows that she reformed a long time ago and had been helping a Ranger team since then.
Her original actress died? That's a real shame, she was fun. All I remember about her character reforming was in Space when the wave of goodness turned Zed and her human and then they tangoed. Power Rangers is weird sometimes.

She died during the Mystic Force season, so it was implied at points that Rita was the one who helped them or that she was one of the mystic helping them.

She died during the Mystic Force season, so it was implied at points that Rita was the one who helped them or that she was one of the mystic helping them.
Damn shame, she was a sure fun entertainer.

Darth Cidius a.k.a Emperor Palpatine(only during the prequel saga). Because you'd have to be a GREAT Sith lord to be able to make a 900 year old jedi master like Yoda NOT realize you're a freaking Sith lord you obviously deserve to win. Especially since the Jedi in the prequel saga followed some bull shit federation that had no idea what it was doing when the point of being a Jedi is creating balance through-out the universe. Fuck you prequel saga Jedi. Original series Jedi, I'm sure you were weren't as idiotic.

She played the Heavenly Archsaint Magiel/Mystic Mother. It was her final Toku role, and in her memory the producers of Power Rangers Mystic Force made her character a reformed Rita Repulsa.

She played the Heavenly Archsaint Magiel/Mystic Mother. It was her final Toku role, and in her memory the producers of Power Rangers Mystic Force made her character a reformed Rita Repulsa.
Not gonna lie, that is pretty cool.

Gojira/Godzilla. He is the result of man's hubris and is exactly what man deserves. Cruel but true.

Oh for sure, I enjoy the mythology but I was more implying the Final Fantasy versions. With the exception of FFXI of course.

We talking old school then Grendel. The guy is just trying to sleep and these fuckin danes stay up all damn night drinkin' mead. Hell, he probably asked nicely first and then they just attacked him! Because their drunk jerks. There's also a book telling the story from Grendel's point of view called Grendel and it is AWESOME!

King Kong Jr. Its bad enough being an albino, but his dad was murdered for the most bull-shit reason! "Oh I got an idea let's kid-nap a giant ape and parade it in center square!" Those people deserved to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.