Video Game News and Miscellany

figmentPez

Staff member

That's a community manager for Deep Silver, publisher of the Saints Row series. IdolNinja is also the creator of the Gentlemen of the Row mod.

This tweet has led to wild speculation that the source code for the PC port of Saints Row 2 may have been found, which could make a remaster of SR2 economically feasible.

Reaching that conclusion is crazy speculation, but it would be really great if it were true.

Dammit, IdolNinja, you had better not just be trolling.

GasBandit

Staff member
What about through Steam? I guess I don't really know how that infrastructure works for downloads.
While it's possible Valve might decide to keep it hosted and in your library out of the goodness of their heart, I wouldn't rely on that. Given that the publisher no longer exists, it might simply vanish. I've got a couple discontinued games in my library (like the GITS:SAC FPS), and I *think* they're still there despite even their online servers no longer existing... but it's just due diligence at this point to keep a local copy, IMO.

GasBandit

Staff member
The Winds of Magic DLC expansion for Vermintide 2 will be arriving in august.

Independent developer Fatshark today announced that Winds of Magic, the new expansion to their multimillion selling and award winning hit game Warhammer: Vermintide 2, will be released in August.

“Winds of Magic is the next chapter in the Vermintide 2 saga, and it brings plenty of new material to the already well established Vermintide 2 universe.” say Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark. “The Beastmen alone is a great addition, but combining it with new ways to play the game, new weapons, new challenges, and all the winds, will make Vermintide 2 look like a completely new game.”

Beastmen
The horned warrior-beasts are the true children of Chaos. These warp-spawned hybrids of animals and primitive humans will be the toughest enemy faction our Heroes have faced.

New gameplay
Each Wind of Magic will bring different gameplay experiences for players. A total of eight winds will confront the players in new and surprising ways, and offer a nearly endless difficulty curve to challenge the toughest of the Vermintide 2 heroes.

New weapons
Bardin will get a throwing axe, and he is digging it! All heroes will get unique weapons to fit their style of combat, and all weapons will bring something new to each of the heroes combat abilities. Get ready for that brand new hero smell.

Leaderboards
Winds of Magic brings leaderboards, and there will no longer be any question of who’s the best.

I honestly kind of want a new character for Vermintide 2... like a Bretonnian knight or something. But during End times they were basically ether in a civil war or beating the shit out of Nurgle's Chaos and the few survivors are chilling in some parallel holy land with the daughter of the Lady of the Lake in Age of Sigmar, while she and Louen are with the other gods.

Damn it, GW! LET ME HAVE MY GRAIL KNIGHTS.

@PatrThom

It's actress Mahria Zook posting as Nina Struthers, fake executive at Devolver Digital where she puts on the best parody press conferences. Here's a taste, but the whole kit and kaboodle is generally worth watching.

figmentPez

Staff member
THQ Nordic is trolling us.

Three big game announcments? Yeah, not so much. The first of those announcements was a remaster of a Spongebob Squarepants game.

First thing I thought when that first dude was stumbling through the alley.

"I SORVE THE FLAYMING FIYST!"

Got daaayum, shit gets real for that fella mighty quick.

Yeah, while the Baldur's Gate games never had the writing of a Torment, they were the playable ultimate Saturday morning cartoon D&D the world never got. The adventures were fun, plentiful and colourful as hell. As I said earlier in the thread when it was only rumoured, there is no more important game news, since this is it for me.

figmentPez

Staff member
Darksiders: Genesis

When I heard the rumors that a new Darksiders game was going to be announced at E3, I dismissed them because Darksiders 3 came out less than a year ago. However, this isn't a sequel, it's a prequel spin-off. It's a top-down action adventure, and it seems to be more Gauntlet than Zelda.... Actually, I don't know yet what it best compares to. I'm assuming that it's not going to be a full on ARPG, but beyond that I'm not sure how arcadey it will be.

And once again I'm left cursing the fact that cross-platform multiplayer is so rare, because I would probably love to play this co-op with @LittleKagsin.

Darksiders 3 sucks. Can't say I'm too excited.

Oh, Airship Syndicate. So Joe Mad and key folks from the original Darksiders games are making this? More excited.

In case anyone was worried by rumors that BG3 would be a Stadia exclusive.

"You will see Steam pages pop up, you will see GOG pages pop up, but no Epic pages will pop up," says Swen Vincke, founder of Larian Studios. "I don't see why not; I don't believe in exclusives, I prefer to be everywhere."
Yup, GOG has already confirmed they'll be selling a DRM-free version, which "should have all options available for other platforms" (i.e. multiplayer and such). Of course, patches and expansions might be a bit later than on Steam, as is usual, but still - for me it's a no-brainer on where to buy.

So there's a mod for RimWorld that allows your twitchstream audience to participate. It really changes up the game. I was watching a stream of it for hours yesterday, buying stuff for the colony (you earn coins per minute of watching), causing events to happen, etc.

It was going well until Dave summoned a few tornadoes that ripped the guts out of the colony like it was a Topeka trailer park.