Video Game News and Miscellany

If they delay it any further they might as well just make an animated movie or series out of it. Cause the visuals do look gorgeous.

If they delay it any further they might as well just make an animated movie or series out of it. Cause the visuals do look gorgeous.
I actually find it kind of funny because I remember when Advent Children came out, and everyone was like "wow I wish the game looked like this" and now here we are, a remake of the game with even better visuals.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009, aka "the okay one") may be getting a remaster.

All this is going by is a listing on the Tawianese game software rating website. The flimsiest of rumors, for a game that was a flop. As someone who has played through the game twice, though, it's not a bad game, and the story is a lot of fun. I think what really killed it's sales was terrible performance. This game doesn't run well on anything. If the remaster can fix that, I'll recommend it.

Too bad Terminal Reality is basically a shell of it's former self after that middling Walking Dead game they did. I've been itching for a Nocturne remake/re-release on GOG but it hasn't happened yet.

figmentPez

Staff member
I wanted to like this video. I really did. The premise is great: Play a multi-player Half-Life mod and show off the rudimentary (screen space based) ray/path-traced lighting that ReShade offers.

BUT they did a really crappy job of it. I'm a half-hour into the video and they're still dicking around in the aparments of City 17, before any action happens. Other problems:
- They've spent as much time talking about the history of the source engine as they have about ReShade.
- They flicker RT on and off so fast that I feel like I need some glowsticks and for someone to drop the base.
- They have 3 people recording their screens, but none of them are running vanilla graphics
- One is using sepia toned color filters, which makes it harder to tell what's being done by RT lighting and what's just color filters.

Later in the video they actually jump around to the airboat, Ravenholm, and Nova Prospekt, so the last half of the video is more interesting than the first, but it still has major problems.

But ReShade can really do some amazing things to make HL2 look good.

figmentPez

Staff member

That's a community manager for Deep Silver, publisher of the Saints Row series. IdolNinja is also the creator of the Gentlemen of the Row mod.

This tweet has led to wild speculation that the source code for the PC port of Saints Row 2 may have been found, which could make a remaster of SR2 economically feasible.

Reaching that conclusion is crazy speculation, but it would be really great if it were true.

Ten more games have been announced for the Sega Genesis Mini.

• Mega Man: the Wily Wars
  • Street Fighter 2: Special Championship Edition
  • Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Golden Axe
  • Phantasy Star IV: the End of the Millennium
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Vectorman
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World

figmentPez

Staff member
The latest Steam Beta now supports streaming over the internet between two PCs, and they will be renaming Steam In-Home Streaming to Steam Remote Play. Previously streaming between desktop clients was limited to the same network, and Steam Link Anywhere only allowed streaming from desktop to something running the Steam Link App (phone, tablet, Raspberry Pi, etc.)

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm not sure how who is into N64 retro-gaming, but these new controllers should be pretty good news for anyone who is into that scene.

figmentPez

Staff member
GOG.com has announced GOG Galaxy 2.0 with the major new feature being the merging of game libraries across multiple services. With claims like "cross-platform chat" with "one friend's list", and "Install and launch any game you own, no matter the platform",

I'd explain further but I have a massive headache today, so I haven't read the fine print of how this is going to work. Anyone want to summarize what services this supports, what it's really doing, or any other relevant details?

That looks like a beautiful game that will be really annoying to play for like 85% of it and it's gonna have a half-assed nonsensical bullshit ending.

Well... at least I am starting to understand a little bit more of what is happening.

Basically you start in DC and are tasked with traveling west to gather what remains of civilization. You get a bunch of items to help traverse the expanse like ladders and ropes and cars and shit. All the while you have to avoid crazy cultists, some dude in a gold mask that hates you, and when it rains, scary ghosts from throughout history. Knowing Kojima it's about a hundred times more batshit insane then that, but that is my best understanding of how the game is supposed to play right now.

figmentPez

Staff member