Video Game News and Miscellany

GasBandit

Staff member
I knew there was someone on this board that has some contract voice work for them, but couldn't remember who
I might not be remembering who it is, correctly... the search function doesn't work for the NSFW sections.

Edit - I don't think I was. I corrected to my amended guess.

I am worried Epic may well pull some "If you use UnrealEngine, you must be exclusive to Epic store." bullshit the way this keeps going.

figmentPez

Staff member
"Epic has since clarified that it didn't make definitive plans to remove Rocket League from Steam. "Long-term plans will be announced in the future," according to an Epic spokesperson. We've updated the article accordingly. This doesn't guarantee that Rocket League will remain on Steam indefinitely -- just that Epic hasn't confirmed plans one way or the other. "

Not sure if Epic is backpedaling, or if multiple news sources all jumped to the same logical conclusion, but it seems like Rocket League getting pulled from Steam is not yet a done deal.

The game has a release date and I'm so glad that Iga and crew took their time to make the game they wanted to make. Having played the alpha it plays really, really well. I'm pretty confident that there will be no Mighty No 9 bullshit here.

Also, Iga's the best.

figmentPez

Staff member
Any official source? That video name doesn't exactly lend any confidence to that being real. Also, since when does Valve make such vague teasers?

EDIT:

Last edited:
I think the Pepsi cans actually say Oopsie but that box of life is irrefutable.

The date in the video title is the first day of e3 too but if I was making a fake video and pretending it was legit using a working title, I'd put that there too.

Last edited:
For those still curious on StudioFOWs new game, it hit over 2 million on Kickstarter. I work with those guys on occassion (usually voice work), so was happy to see them succeed with their own IP.

GasBandit

Staff member
For those still curious on StudioFOWs new game, it hit over 2 million on Kickstarter. I work with those guys on occassion (usually voice work), so was happy to see them succeed with their own IP.
I was wondering if you were gonna be involved with this one, too... heh.

So Rage 2 comes out in like a week....and it looks awesome?

Rage was such a truncated disappointment, just all missed opportunity. This one looks like an insane neon Mad Max of a game and I think I'm into it.

For those who don't know:

Rage 2 System Requirements:

PC minimum specifications:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X (Quad-core mid-2012 or equivalent but NO shared FPUs (click for explanation))
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 3GB or AMD R9 280 3GB (2013-era, DX11, min 3GB VRAM)
  • Memory: 8GB RAM (This should be the minimum these days anyway)
  • Storage: 50GB
  • Operating system: Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 64-bit (64-bit only!)
PC recommended settings:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (Quad-core with multithreading)
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070GB [sic] or AMD Vega 56 8GB (2017-era card or newer)
  • Memory: 8GB RAM (this should probably be 16GB?)
  • Storage: 50GB
  • Operating system: 64-bit operating system
So basically if you bought/built an Intel system in 2013 or later, or an AMD system with just about any quad-core Ryzen processor or newer, you'll at least be able to play.

--Patrick