Video Game News and Miscellany

Saw that on reddit this morning. The patch notes showed his name removed from the splash screen, dunno just how deep their crusade will reach.
This whole saga is just so disappointing.

—Patrick
Notch started to lose his shit pretty soon after selling, people just didn't really take notice in large numbers until now.

GasBandit

Staff member
So they just announced Borderlands 3. I dunno, do I really wanna play another Borderlands game? I kinda feel like

Oh hey day one purchase kthx

Maybe I should finally get around to playing Tales From.

figmentPez

Staff member
On my budget I'm more interested in the remastered versions of the previous Borderlands games. I never played 2 or Pre-Sequel, and they both come in a convenient pack.

GasBandit

Staff member
On my budget I'm more interested in the remastered versions of the previous Borderlands games. I never played 2 or Pre-Sequel, and they both come in a convenient pack.
I heard pre-sequel wasn't really worth playing. 2 def was great co-op. The DLC was kinda hit or miss until Tiny Tina's D&D Campaign which was fukken epic

I heard pre-sequel wasn't really worth playing. 2 def was great co-op. The DLC was kinda hit or miss until Tiny Tina's D&D Campaign which was fukken epic
I thoroughly enjoyed the Presequel. It's the worst of the bunch, but like, in the way that Return of the Jedi was the worst of the bunch when it came out.

I haven’t played PS yet, but I imagine saying it’s the worst in the series is like saying “the worst Girl Scout cookies.”

—Patrick

Eh, pre-sequel just didn't do it for Sarah and I. This is after we put several hours into both 1 and 2.

We got roughly half way through PS before we just stopped playing and couldn't go back to it ever.

I'm not super wild about Borderlands 3, but I will say that I liked Tales from the Borderlands and I'm happy to see stuff carrying over from those games.

I'm not super wild about Borderlands 3, but I will say that I liked Tales from the Borderlands and I'm happy to see stuff carrying over from those games.
I think the biggest thing for me about Borderlands 3 is that Anthony Burch isn't back to write and he's kind of what made Borderlands 2 so good.

Ok, there was an "april fools" tweet about it yesterday, but now it's really starting to sound like Borderlands 3 might actually BE an Epic Store exclusive after all. They're not saying it is, but Randy is sure bending over backwards to say there'd be nothing wrong with that if it were...

So much for that, I guess.

If true, it just went from a day one purchase to a "wait 2-3 years for a steam sale under 10 bucks, maybe not even then" purchase.
What... Randy Pitchford making a bad decision because he needs the money? It's almost like he's done this before.

Someone needs to animate the “Shame” GIF for this but with Brick instead of Butterman (and have him loading some ridiculous BL monstrosity instead of a simple 12ga).

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Borderlands 3 is going to be an Epic Store exclusive. Fuck that. Guess I'm not going to get it day 1 any more.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ahh, digging back, I remember now. While I did play briefly with Nick and Null (and I wanna say... Pez?) on separate occasions, the time I'm thinking about was the playthrough I did with some RL friends - who I've occasionally referenced (PPMcBiggs, Dimento, and Flaky Adam). That was when I played Gaige. That was also before all their wives cracked down on them playing video games, which is about when I guess we Halforumites started playing Left 4 Dead.

I coulda sworn we did... who the heck was I playing borderlands with then??!
This was a game where you were trying to show @ThatNickGuy the ropes. He was playing Soldier, and I was downloading the game to join the two of you, but it took too long and you guys had signed off by the time it was done. So Cranky is the only one I've co-op'd with, or even played at all.

--Patrick

I liked it but my computer didn't. I'd be up for doing it again now that I've got a beefier system. Gas and I played a few hours.