Video Game News and Miscellany

Apparently Garret is being redesigned in the newly announced Thief 4 game to be more mainstream appropriate.

Here is the original Garret:

Here is the mainstream appropriate Thief 4 Garret:

Apparently mainstream appropriate is codeword for The Crow in a mask.[DOUBLEPOST=1363339365][/DOUBLEPOST]And that's all the gaming news I'm gonna bring you tonight. I'm Frank. Good night and Godspeed. What does Godspeed even mean? I want Godspeed. I'm sure that's pretty fast.

Apparently Garret is being redesigned in the newly announced Thief 4 game to be more mainstream appropriate.

Here is the original Garret:

Here is the mainstream appropriate Thief 4 Garret:

Apparently mainstream appropriate is codeword for The Crow in a mask.[DOUBLEPOST=1363339365][/DOUBLEPOST]And that's all the gaming news I'm gonna bring you tonight. I'm Frank. Good night and Godspeed. What does Godspeed even mean? I want Godspeed. I'm sure that's pretty fast.
So, Garret cuts himself now?

"Hi, my name is Eidos Montreal and I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm going to try fixing something that wasn't broken by turning Garret into an emo version of a Mortal Kombat ninja reject."

Oh, also, the best 2D brawlers of all time are coming to XBLA and PSN.

Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/1...tower-of-doom-are-coming-to-ps3-and-xbox-360/

Fuck, boner, yes.

Though, this is Capcom, so I assume they will cancel it moments before it's supposed to be released and then mock fans of their games mercilessly for days on their twitter account.

You mean I won't have to play Shadows of Mystara on MAME anymore? SWEET!

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I'm not all that enthused by the trailer. It looks like more of the same crap from number three. I REALLY hope I'm proven wrong.
The only real complaint besides killing off
Johnny Gat in the tutorial mission
that I had about 3 was its length. If 3 had been as long as 2, it'd have been a goddamned epic win. Hopefully the new developer/owner will take that into account.

This one seems to have... I dunno what you'd call it, superpowers? Reminds me, kind of, of that movie with the kids that stumble on that crystal meteorite in the cave and start manifesting telekinesis? I forget the title. I hope it doesn't play much into the overall plot. I'd like more co-op drivin'-shootin' crazy zany smashin'-shit.

I felt like with all the new customization they gave us in the third one, that some options from the second one were taken away, and for no real good reason. And the story to me seemed sub par to the one from number two. I am STILL waiting to see if they're going to tie up the loose ends from the plots of the first two games.

Oh, also, the best 2D brawlers of all time are coming to XBLA and PSN.

Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/1...tower-of-doom-are-coming-to-ps3-and-xbox-360/

Fuck, boner, yes.

Though, this is Capcom, so I assume they will cancel it moments before it's supposed to be released and then mock fans of their games mercilessly for days on their twitter account.
OhGod Capcom please don't fuck this up. I lost so many quarters trying to get all the secrets in these games.

GasBandit

Staff member
I felt like with all the new customization they gave us in the third one, that some options from the second one were taken away, and for no real good reason. And the story to me seemed sub par to the one from number two. I am STILL waiting to see if they're going to tie up the loose ends from the plots of the first two games.
That's true, the character customization wasn't quite as robust as 2, but I was willing to take that in trade for an engine and controls that weren't a shitty console port that made half the cars in the game undrivable. And I wasn't a fan of the new Shaundi. But I still had a lot of fun in 3, and if you gave me a choice between having to replay completely through one or the other of them, I'd choose 3. It improved more than it worsened. Just a pity it was so much shorter, as I said.[DOUBLEPOST=1363376068][/DOUBLEPOST]Awwwww yeah -

http://hackaday.com/2013/03/12/hinged-nes-case-hides-an-integrated-lcd-screen/

8 year old me just felt funny in his pants.

I'll be going luke warm, loved SR3 but with the death of their dev and being sold like sloppy seconds to another dev, I'm apprehensive.

Really glad to see them keeping to form with the art style and gameplay. Even more pleased to see a female protagonist in this one.

Yeah, it's pretty awful. It had some good ideas but there is just so much crap that it just undermines the few successes it has. I honestly feel bad for Terminal Reality... they can make great games. They have in the past. But they keep doing these shitty tie-in things to keep the studio afloat between products and it just makes me want to not support them anymore.

Thank you, Gas, you've eased my brain.

When I was 5 or 6, there was an awesome game on the NES that I loved playing. Never owned it or I'd have known the title, but a neighbor had it. I eventually forgot about it until I was a teenager and suddenly craved playing it, but I had no idea what it was called. I checked the internet, but couldn't recognize anything. When the Wii came out, I kept an eye on the Virtual Console, but nothing said to my memory "This is it!" Until now. I have never played Journey to Silius, never heard of it until that gif, so I went to Youtube to see what it was. There, in one of the related videos, I saw something. "Could that be it?" I watched some bits of speedrun. It was. Now I know, the game I cherished in kindergarten and first grade, that I loved, was...

Blaster Master

Not exactly how I remembered it, but it's been two decades, so I can't be surprised. But now I know! So thanks for the inadvertent point in the right direction.

GasBandit

Staff member
Dude, you could have just gone to the "what was the name of that..." thread and said "hey what was this old nes game where you drove around in like a tank with wheels shooting mutants and you could get out and it had really bitchin music and they reused the engine for that Fester's Quest game" and we'd have all been "Well that's BLASTER MASTER YOU TARD HA HA HA"

Dude, you could have just gone to the "what was the name of that..." thread and said "hey what was this old nes game where you drove around in like a tank with wheels shooting mutants and you could get out and it had really bitchin music and they reused the engine for that Fester's Quest game" and we'd have all been "Well that's BLASTER MASTER YOU TARD HA HA HA"
I didn't remember the details, just that the environments were more detailed than most NES games, there were alien things, and you floated around sometimes. When I saw the video it was more cementing the memories than reenacting them.