Video Game News and Miscellany

On the one hand, Crystal Dynamics just wrapped up Tomb Raider and has announced their next project (good). On the other hand, Amy Hennig moved on to Naughty Dog (bad, for legacy of kain anyways).

So Squeenix has recently registered a very interesting URL.

http://whois.domaintools.com/warfornosgoth.com

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

PLS DONT SUCK, PLS DONT SUCK PLS DONT SUCK... the story at least, at this point i don't even care about the gameplay.

And bring back Raziel, it's pretty easy... unless there's an infinity of Raziel souls in the Reaver the soul blade Raziel was wielding is still somewhere around that hole the Elder God was in... and instead of regaining power he'd regain the ability to think straight... you can have this idea for free, i claim no right etc... You're welcome!

I know this is not very original, but I kind of want to see the game itself involve Kain but have Raziel as a sort of spectral ally. He would be utilized for certain attacks and actions to help Kain reach his goals. For a comparison to what I mean, think of Darksiders 2, how Death has a sort of spectral reaper version of himself that opens door, cracks open chests, and is called for certain attacks and moves, like Death Grip.

Raziel would be this badass guardian spirit watching over Kain from the Soul Reaver. At times he would even manifest again as the Wraith Blade, allowing Kain to utilize two weapons. That is what I would like to see anyways. The series NEEDS Raziel, but he does not need to be the playable character.

PLS DONT SUCK, PLS DONT SUCK PLS DONT SUCK... the story at least, at this point i don't even care about the gameplay.
That's why I'm worried about Amy Hennig having moved on. She was really the driving force behind making the original series awesome.

What?! Games for Windows Live, down for days?! That could never happen...

/sarcasm

You know what really gets me the most? I work at Microsoft. For the division that includes GFWL support. How do I first learn about issues with GFWL, or anything related to the division that I'm supposed to be supporting? Either from what people post here, or from the local news. Communication around here is dead, and has been for years.

The makers of Dungeon Siege and Supreme Commander can't get funding for an RTS/RPG hybrid? Seriously? I hope they took it off the Kickstarter because they've found another, more reliable way of funding...It'd be a shame not to see that game made.

I'm not a huge fan of the series (though I do like Alien/Aliens), but Goddamn do I feel bad for loyal fans of this universe. They haven't gotten anything really good in a long time. I think the last Alien entry I truly enjoyed was this old arcade beat-em-up AvP from the 90's. This game was badass.

It's just sad to see, when you really look at it, 4 solid entries in the entire franchise after Aliens. The AvP movies (I guess they're not canon, but still) are pure ass. Alien 3 wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It just seems like this is the type of universe perfect for a suspense-horror sort of game, but for whatever reason Gearbox thought a shitty CoD ripoff was the right way to go.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's just sad to see, when you really look at it, 4 solid entries in the entire franchise after Aliens. The AvP movies (I guess they're not canon, but still) are pure ass. Alien 3 wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It just seems like this is the type of universe perfect for a suspense-horror sort of game, but for whatever reason Gearbox thought a shitty CoD ripoff was the right way to go.
I'm not sure what's up with gearbox. They're starting to get schizophrenic on us. For every Borderlands there's a Duke Nukem Forever.

HEY GUYS, THIS GAME IS GREAT, STORYLINE MAKES ALIEN 3 EVEN BETTER!

Game comes out to universally shitty reviews, says story is one of the worst aspects shitting all over the established movie continuity.

HEY GUYS, WE TOTALLY BARELY MADE THIS GAME. WE ONLY DID THE GOOD PART!

Same story as Duke Nukem. They say the game is great, when it's released and is shit, it's totally not their fault. Fuck Gearbox.

HEY GUYS, THIS GAME IS GREAT, STORYLINE MAKES ALIEN 3 EVEN BETTER!

Game comes out to universally shitty reviews, says story is one of the worst aspects shitting all over the established movie continuity.

HEY GUYS, WE TOTALLY BARELY MADE THIS GAME. WE ONLY DID THE GOOD PART!

Same story as Duke Nukem. They say the game is great, when it's released and is shit, it's totally not their fault. Fuck Gearbox.
I'm going to give them a pass for Duke Nukem Forever. No one could have saved that.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/13/many-questions-system-shock-2-comes-to-gog/

System Shock 1 and 2, GoGified. Coming out almost exactly 24 hours from when I post this. I know a girl I'll be spending valentine's day with and her name is Shodan.
Never played either one, with my huge -Currently Playing- list, would it behoove me to look these up? Have they had any graphic overhaul mods too?

Gearbox, "We totally didn't do the single player. That was another studio we outsourced it to!" Sega, "LIAR!"

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/sega-...es-sp-was-not-outsourced-to-timegate-studios/

I feel bad for Sega on this one. They were dicked around by Gearbox for 6 fucking years on this piece of shit.[DOUBLEPOST=1360767749][/DOUBLEPOST]
Never played either one, with my huge -Currently Playing- list, would it behoove me to look these up? Have they had any graphic overhaul mods too?
There a ton of visual update mods, they were just hampered by the fact that it was a pain in the ass to get SS2 to run on modern PCs. Hopefully, GoG's usual ability to get old shit to run on new shit will help this.

I'm in the same boat in the sense that I have faaaarrrr too long a list of owned games I haven't played yet, but, yes, SS and especially SS2 are worth getting, even jsut for the sake of looking at where and how everything went wrong (hint: everything after SS2 :p). I've never played with any mods, so I can't really say how playable it'll actualyl be for non-retro gamers....

Gearbox, "We totally didn't do the single player. That was another studio we outsourced it to!" Sega, "LIAR!"

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/sega-...es-sp-was-not-outsourced-to-timegate-studios/

I feel bad for Sega on this one. They were dicked around by Gearbox for 6 fucking years on this piece of shit.[DOUBLEPOST=1360767749][/DOUBLEPOST]

There a ton of visual update mods, they were just hampered by the fact that it was a pain in the ass to get SS2 to run on modern PCs. Hopefully, GoG's usual ability to get old shit to run on new shit will help this.
Why can't Gearbox do anything right other than Borderlands games?

Bubble181 said:
I'm in the same boat in the sense that I have faaaarrrr too long a list of owned games I haven't played yet
Have you seen JUST the list of games I'm currently playing atm? Yeesh.

Bubble181 said:
, but, yes, SS and especially SS2 are worth getting, even jsut for the sake of looking at where and how everything went wrong (hint: everything after SS2 :p). I've never played with any mods, so I can't really say how playable it'll actually be for non-retro gamers....
The graphics update mods for the STALKER series, DAGGERFALL and MORROWIND, and for Deus EX have all been really really great for bringing old games up to a much more palatable standard. Was just curious how the SS mods measured up.