Video Game News and Miscellany

figmentPez

Staff member
PSA: Beware naming your Steam account antidisestablishmentarianism or using it as your custom URL for your Steam profile

Because of some bizarre interaction with Akamai, the hosting service, using this banned word will cause a Steam account's profile to be unviewable and to lose access to a variety of functions associated with the profile, community features, friends, inventory and other stuff. You also won't be able to change anything back, because you'll be locked out of the pages that control that. The games library remains active, though.

I'm personally wondering if there are any other words that are inexplicably banned and could have the same or similar effect.

PSA: Beware naming your Steam account antidisestablishmentarianism or using it as your custom URL for your Steam profile

Because of some bizarre interaction with Akamai, the hosting service, using this banned word will cause a Steam account's profile to be unviewable and to lose access to a variety of functions associated with the profile, community features, friends, inventory and other stuff. You also won't be able to change anything back, because you'll be locked out of the pages that control that. The games library remains active, though.

I'm personally wondering if there are any other words that are inexplicably banned and could have the same or similar effect.
I always knew Steam was run by reactionary Anglicans.

Can Blizz knock it off with the creepy shit, ever?

New quest in WoW is to ensure Alexstraza stays an unwilling sex slave of Deathwing's to produce dragons for the second war (not sure how they've changed the lore since then, but you know, Blizz and SA) and does not break out prematurely during the timeline.

1686802960478.png

1686802981887.png

1686802993891.png

Hilarious that THIS is ok but the dude that wrote the capitalism goblin lines was immediately fired.

Last edited:
unwilling sex slave of Deathwing's to produce dragons for the second war (not sure how they've changed the lore since then, but you know, Blizz and SA)
When did that happen, because i was pretty sure it originally was just her offspring by her usual consorts in Day of the Dragon, and i looked it up and it seems i'm remembering right: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Day_of_the_Dragon#Plot

And looking up the story for WCII, Deathwing doesn't even show up until the expansion, where he;s just the leader of the dragons that developed a taste for human flesh and sided with the Orcs after the queen was freed:

Thank you for the correction, the unwilling rape/slave of the Dragonmaw Orcs then.

THE IMPORTANT DETAILS HAVE BEEN IRONED OUT.

JESUS CHRIST.

I mean

"Sintharia was once the prime consort of Neltharion, who later came to be known as Deathwing. She gave birth to some of Deathwing's most despicable children including Nefarian and his sister, Onyxia. After Neltharion's madness overtook him and the rest of the black dragonflight, the newly disfigured Deathwing attempted to mate with his consorts, causing Sintharia a great deal of pain and leaving behind scars and marks that would continue to burn for (at least) the rest of her natural life. Sintharia was the only mate known to have survived. "

Rapist has been baked into Deathwing since the old books

Anyways, the minutia doesn't really matter, it's just real fuckin' tone deaf of Blizzard.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, they haven't quite fixed Darktide yet, but somebody at Fatshark is still keeping the lights on over at the Vermintide 2 division. They just rereleased one of the better DLC packs from Vermintide 1 to Vermintide 2... for free.

Not bad.

I mean

"Sintharia was once the prime consort of Neltharion, who later came to be known as Deathwing. She gave birth to some of Deathwing's most despicable children including Nefarian and his sister, Onyxia. After Neltharion's madness overtook him and the rest of the black dragonflight, the newly disfigured Deathwing attempted to mate with his consorts, causing Sintharia a great deal of pain and leaving behind scars and marks that would continue to burn for (at least) the rest of her natural life. Sintharia was the only mate known to have survived. "

Rapist has been baked into Deathwing since the old books
Well i looked it up and she 1st shows up in a book that came about around the same time as WotLK, so, while old, that's WoW territory, as i assumed.

Anyways, the minutia doesn't really matter, it's just real fuckin' tone deaf of Blizzard.
Yeah, i wasn't trying to excuse it, i was just curious, since i didn't recall Deathwing being involved in that, and i stopped keeping up with the lore after WoW came out and they changed most stuff.

Also, them keeping the parts where Alexstrasza was forced to breed doesn't even make sense with the new lore, unless dragons mature within a few years, since they've retconed the Orcs arriving in Azeroth decades before the 1st war since at least WC3, even before WoW, and the 2nd war was only a few years after. They should just have her be a prisoner that was used as leverage to get the existing red dragons to help.

I'll be honest, the whole direct was pretty awesome.

New (not New but probably exactly like New) Super Mario bros game, incredible looking remake of Star Ocean 2 (the best one). MAKIN' ME REGRET SELLING MY SWITCH NINTENDO.

I mean, those were the proportions he had in the original SMRPG, I'm more shocked they didn't standardize him to look like he does in the movie.

1687359530191.png

GasBandit

Staff member
What happens if i got the games on Steam, but had to make an uPlay account to use them ?
You'll probably have to make a new uPlay account to use them again.

I don't know if uPlay lets Steam handles its cloud saves or not. If uPlay tries to handle all your savegame data, you might also lose your saves.

figmentPez

Staff member
What happens if i got the games on Steam, but had to make an uPlay account to use them ?
Anecdotally, you lose all those games. Even though Steam will still recognize you own them, Ubisoft will still know they've been activated before. It's possible you'll be able to talk Ubisoft support into realizing that they were linked to a dead account, and let you link them to a new one, but it seems unlikely.