Video Game News and Miscellany

figmentPez

Staff member

Twitch bans ‘simp’

" The words 'simp,' 'incel,' and 'virgin' will not be banned in all situations. Twitch will only take action when they’re used for harassment — but, typically, that’s how these terms come up on Twitch. "

The ban also includes “making derogatory statements about another person’s perceived sexual practices or sexual morality.”

It's worth noting the community guidelines don't specifically mention any of those words, they're being brought up as examples in relating this news to the press.

Saying that the n-word is allowed but the others aren't is hyperbole, since racially based harassment is included in the community guidelines, but Twitch definitely does have a problem with inconsistent enforcement of it's rules (eg when Terry Crews was allowed to be shirtless during his stream, because he's famous and it was for charity.)

Dave

Staff member
As Gas and a lot of other people have said, this is directly tied to Twitch knowing how much money simps, incels, and virgins donate to titty streamers. And Twitch gets a cut of that. It has nothing to do with social justice of any kind and is instead them trying to keep their money flowing.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

Once we have confirmed that you purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store, we will begin processing your refund. Please note that completion of the refund may vary based on your payment method and financial institution.
Sony offering refunds is a big deal.

Sony removing the game from the PlayStation Store is a holy shit deal.

I still don't think Cyberpunk is in as bad of shape as Skyrim PS3 was which just hardlocked after you played for so many hours in a playthrough. I have a friend who only played it on PS3 who had to start over time after time because of how poorly it worked on PS3.

It's a good way for Sony to push down a competitor, so it's good business sense.
I really don't think it's been that bad of a launch - I'd hoped for better, and some of the game breaking bugs really shouldn't be there, and they've got a lot of work to do, but there have been much buggier games that kept being sold.
Though perhaps they simply shouldn't have released on last generation hardware.

I tried to get them to remove PoE from the PlayStation store until it got patched or totally reworked. That game is a shitshow on console. I am shocked to see them remove a game from their store!

The lack of sprinklers means a crop-oriented farm is probably not feasible. While it's probably theoretically possible to water everything manually, it'd be really boring. So maybe the beach farm would be best suited for ranchers, tree farmers, artisan goods merchants, etc. It's an interesting shakeup to the existing gameplay formula. I think I'd still prefer my usual four corners farm though.

Remixing the community center bundles is also an interesting idea. Currently it's easy to metagame the bundles, and this should restore the challenge of completing them.

I've only ever considered Stardew Valley because I heard there's creepy stuff buried in it, but realistically I think it would bore me senseless. I just can't get into games that don't have a final goal.

I've only ever considered Stardew Valley because I heard there's creepy stuff buried in it, but realistically I think it would bore me senseless. I just can't get into games that don't have a final goal.
Doing as much as you can within the first two years is usually my goal, as the game considers the end of the second year important. Strictly speaking, that means...

- Maxing all your stats to 10.
- Made over 1 million GP in profit. (That's MADE, not have)
- Upgrade your house to the final level
- Get married
- Have/Adopt Kids
- Hit the bottom of the mines
- Do all of the community projects, ether via the community center or JoJo Mart.
- More!

It's harder than you'd think when you put in the time limit. Some community bundles can only be done during certain seasons but the pay-off is wanted as early as possible (i.e. The Greenhouse. It takes at least 4 seasons to do via bundles but you could get it during the first season via JoJo Mart if you go that route, giving you a good reason to actually go that route).

GasBandit

Staff member
Doing as much as you can within the first two years is usually my goal, as the game considers the end of the second year important. Strictly speaking, that means...

- Maxing all your stats to 10.
- Made over 1 million GP in profit. (That's MADE, not have)
- Upgrade your house to the final level
- Get married
- Have/Adopt Kids
- Hit the bottom of the mines
- Do all of the community projects, ether via the community center or JoJo Mart.
- More!

It's harder than you'd think when you put in the time limit. Some community bundles can only be done during certain seasons but the pay-off is wanted as early as possible (i.e. The Greenhouse. It takes at least 4 seasons to do via bundles but you could get it during the first season via JoJo Mart if you go that route, giving you a good reason to actually go that route).
Apparently Grandpa is more forgiving than he used to be. My latest playthrough got to year 3 last night, and despite not being married, or having 10 in every stat, we still got a 4 flame rating.

Apparently Grandpa is more forgiving than he used to be. My latest playthrough got to year 3 last night, and despite not being married, or having 10 in every stat, we still got a 4 flame rating.
Each goal you achieve is worth points and there are like... 15 things he wants you to do but you only need to do 10. So you may have done other stuff.

Yeah, but if you want that sweet statue that vomits iridum every day, you play ball with Grandpa.
Ironically, by the time Grandpa came rolling around, I had absolutely no need for Iridium. I'd gotten all I'd need from the mines, meteors, and the second dungeon. By the end of year two, everything was iridium and I had more than enough iridum sprinklers.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ironically, by the time Grandpa came rolling around, I had absolutely no need for Iridium. I'd gotten all I'd need from the mines, meteors, and the second dungeon. By the end of year two, everything was iridium and I had more than enough iridum sprinklers.
It does help that Krobus sells one every Friday, yeah. One oddity is that we (playing co-op with Emrys) haven't gotten a single prismatic shard yet. I was sure not being married would count against us in the reckoning, but apparently we excelled in other areas.

It does help that Krobus sells one every Friday, yeah. One oddity is that we (playing co-op with Emrys) haven't gotten a single prismatic shard yet. I was sure not being married would count against us in the reckoning, but apparently we excelled in other areas.
I mean, our characters didn't marry each other, but when we played co-op together it felt like prismatic shards were raining from the sky.

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, our characters didn't marry each other, but when we played co-op together it felt like prismatic shards were raining from the sky.
No, I meant, you need a prismatic shard to make the wedding ring to marry another player, and it's been a regular prismatic drought.

figmentPez

Staff member
Well, guess I won't be selling the rest of my Steam trading cards for this sale. To use the Steam Market you have to have made a purchase within the last year, but that is at least 7 days old, and the last time I bought something on Steam was a year ago. All the trading cards will expire before 7 days is up, so I can't sell mine.

If anyone else does sell or collect trading cards, you're welcome to mine.

I need the following:
-VR Game of the Year
-Better With Friends
-Outstanding Story-Rich Game
-Game of the Year

And I have extras of:
-Labour of Love (1 extra)
-Best Game You Suck At (2 extra)
-Sit Back and Relax (2 extra)
-Best Soundtrack (1 extra)

I'm going to be honest, I never understood what the cards were for or how to do crafting or why I should care
I find it confusing and a bit embarrassing as I have been on Steam for ages and only recently noticed that they existed. And they had to get fancy and add foil cards?!

I need the following:
-VR Game of the Year
-Better With Friends
-Outstanding Story-Rich Game
-Game of the Year

And I have extras of:
-Labour of Love (1 extra)
-Best Game You Suck At (2 extra)
-Sit Back and Relax (2 extra)
-Best Soundtrack (1 extra)
I have a spare Better with Friends that you're welcome to. It may come with a hold, but it's yours if you'd like it :)