Video Game News and Miscellany

Doubtful. Just usually means more and longer crunch.
Ehhh, European labor laws mean crunch here is far from as bad as it gets in the USA.
Obviously not saying there won't be crunch, but there's a difference between 6 50 hour weeks and 12 100 hour weeks.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam is Coming to Chrome OS

"According to an interview from Android Police with Google Chrome OS Director of Product Management Kan Liu, Google is working to bring native Steam support to Chrome OS devices, and Valve might be helping to make it happen."

While this is interesting, I'm not about to get excited until I see how this works in practice, and maybe not even then.

I keep seeing rumors that EA wants to do a KotOR remake and I'm just like:Leyla::puke:

I love KotOR and I know they'd fuck it up.

KOTOR plays perfectly well on my PC, I don't see any reason why I'd want a remake. KOTOR 3, sure, but that can't happen anymore because of TOR. So.....

KOTOR plays perfectly well on my PC, I don't see any reason why I'd want a remake. KOTOR 3, sure, but that can't happen anymore because of TOR. So.....
Strictly speaking, you COULD do KOTOR 3 and set it during the time gap between KOTOR2 and SWTOR... or set it some time after SWTOR.

The Warcraft 3 Remaster is embarrassingly shitty.

This is honestly pretty fucking pathetic. Congrats on making a subpar PS2 era cutscene. The animation is such shit.

The fuckers, until today, were still only using the outdated trailers from 2018 to advertise the game too, showing features, visuals, etc. that were never going to be in the final project apparently. Continue being scum BlizzActizzardvision.

The Warcraft 3 Remaster is embarrassingly shitty.

This is honestly pretty fucking pathetic. Congrats on making a subpar PS2 era cutscene. The animation is such shit.
That’s rather a surprise for a game that weighs in at 30GB. The original game was what, two discs?

—Patrick

Activision is also clearly still mad about LoL, because the EULA is apparently saying that all custom maps people make are copyrighted by Blizzard.

Activision is also clearly still mad about LoL, because the EULA is apparently saying that all custom maps people make are copyrighted by Blizzard.
They did the same with Starcraft 2. Remember how popular the game making in Starcraft 2 was?

Holy shit, the game is much worse than I could have thought possible.

Not only is it shit, it has fucking completely destroyed the original Warcraft 3. They removed most of the custom shit people loved in THE ORIGINAL Warcraft 3. The most played custom maps, custom campaigns, all of the original Battle.net features. Even if you didn't buy the fucking new game you still get a 20 gig download of art assets you can't access. It's insane.

Wow. Remember when Blizzard would just cancel any game that didn't live up to their standard? Jesus, it's double hilarious how much better fucking Microsoft has treated it's remasters of Age of Empires.

The 3 fallen Bs. Bethesda, Bioware and Blizzard.

Wait, I was considering digging up my DVDs again and installing the original (cause lol why would I buy this again). They somehow will mess up my old installation too?

Wait, I was considering digging up my DVDs again and installing the original (cause lol why would I buy this again). They somehow will mess up my old installation too?
It doesn't change the main game, just all the multiplayer stuff, which affects the majority of folk who still play vanilla WC3. I think as long as you don't connect to b.net it shouldn't be an issue but I'm not entirely sure.

As far as I can tell, the client end did not change, only the server-side stuff. Oh, and the removal of LAN play.

—Patrick
It's got an always online check now, so if you connect to bnet and update (for things like widescreen support which was added a couple years ago) the launcher will no longer work if you aren't connected to the internet

But you can only choose 5 :(.

Anyway, even if no main Persona game come to the Switch, Persona 5 Scramble will be released on the Switch.

But you can only choose 5 :(.

Anyway, even if no main Persona game come to the Switch, Persona 5 Scramble will be released on the Switch.
Honestly, Persona 3-4-5 should just get a trilogy release as one package. That would leave room for other projects.

Adobe Flash is dying this year. Browsers are ignoring it, Adobe is deprecating it.
But all is not lost...

https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
This project is dedicated to preserving as many [Flash] games and animations from these platforms as possible, so that they aren't lost to time. Since early 2018, over a hundred contributors have helped Flashpoint save more than 38,000 games and 2,400 animations
Here's hoping your favorite is on there. Whee!

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I read about this last week. I even downloaded the program. Haven't opened it yet. Probably a load of crap with a few diamonds hidden here and there.