Video Game News and Miscellany

Oh @Daaaaave I have a new game for you to revieeeeew...

The biggest change to the Borderlands gameplay formula in VR seems to be "Bad Ass Mega Fun Time" (aka BAMF Time), a time-limited take on Matrix-style bullet time that the developers say will "give you the speed and reflexes of a rabid skag, allowing you to dodge bullets, pull off 360 no-scope headshots, and even use your Action Skill to fight off hordes of bandits, bullymongs, and whatever else Pandora might throw at you." Skill trees will include BAMF-specific modifications and improvements as well.
(Yes I know it’s PS4, but that can’t last forever, right?)

—Patrick

Last edited:
Ugh. Could they PLEASE use a different naming system now? Look, I love the Arkham games, but they were stretching it with Arkham Knight.

I have a similar issue with Lego Batman 3, which should've just been Lego Justice League.

Dave

Staff member
Oh @Daaaaave I have a new game for you to revieeeeew...

(Yes I know it’s PS4, but that can’t last forever, right?)

—Patrick
I haven't had room to set up or play my Vive since before we moved the FIRST time. I was able to play it a couple times at the new house, but had to pack it away less than a month after getting there.

JASON DAVID FRANK!!!!!

And that other yellow ranger, which was nice.

But JASON DAVID FRANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason David Frank will drop whatever he's doing to do more Power Rangers stuff. It's part of his brand and the rights holders (currently HASBRO) know he's game for just about anything. In fact, he was just in the Ninja Steel anniversary episode, showing off Tommy Oliver's god damn "Master Morpher" that lets him change between the 5 powers (Green Dragonzord, White Tiger/Falcon, Red Zeo, Red Turbo, Black Dino) that he's used on the show. It was fucking crazy.

But this? This was for the Mobile game they got out right now. I personally couldn't give two fucks about that mobile game, except to give them props for making it clear that both Hyper Force (the RPG campaign done by actors and fans of the show) and the BOOM! comics characters (Lord Drakkon and Ranger Slayer) are considered to be in-canon with the show. You can play as Ranger Slayer, Lord Drakkon, and Hyper Force Yellow in the game.

Not a bad start, but I wonder how much future games will cost.

I'm not sure I'll get this yet, but it'll be neat to play some of these and not have them look any messier than they've already aged. It's hard to play PS1 discs on HDTV.

That collection is crap, especially for the price they want. Missing too many actual classics. The Japanese list crushes the US and Euro one.

That collection is crap, especially for the price they want. Missing too many actual classics. The Japanese list crushes the US and Euro one.
I wouldn't call it crap... there are at least 8 games there that I'd play and others on the list that I can at least acknowledge as being good. It's just that some of the games on the list (Twisted Metal, Resident Evil, Syphon Filter, etc.) that have MUCH better sequels that should be on here instead. One of the games I'd have swapped in there (Medievil) is getting a remake.

I do think it's overpriced though.

Not a bad start, but I wonder how much future games will cost.

I'm not sure I'll get this yet, but it'll be neat to play some of these and not have them look any messier than they've already aged. It's hard to play PS1 discs on HDTV.
It's just going to be those 20 games. I'm slightly disappointed in the roster myself. There are a few good games, but the ones I most wanted to see make it were Crash Bandicoot, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Silent Hill, and Parappa the Rapper. I know most of those have gotten recent remakes/remasters, but still.

Meanwhile, here's the Playstation Classic line-up for Japan.

It's just going to be those 20 games. I'm slightly disappointed in the roster myself. There are a few good games, but the ones I most wanted to see make it were Crash Bandicoot, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Silent Hill, and Parappa the Rapper. I know most of those have gotten recent remakes/remasters, but still.

Meanwhile, here's the Playstation Classic line-up for Japan.

Are Konami games even a possibility at this point?

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot MGS was Konami.

Rumors swirling about N64 Classic being announced soon or perhaps even released immediately after being announced. But none of that matters because if it exists, Nintendo will make so few that only scalpers get them.

We have our N64 hooked up, but the HDTV stretches it so badly that it hurts to look at. A Classic would be nice, though I wish there was a way for it to have Banjo-Kazooie instead of what will probably be on there, Donkey Kong 64.

Rumors swirling about N64 Classic being announced soon or perhaps even released immediately after being announced. But none of that matters because if it exists, Nintendo will make so few that only scalpers get them.

We have our N64 hooked up, but the HDTV stretches it so badly that it hurts to look at. A Classic would be nice, though I wish there was a way for it to have Banjo-Kazooie instead of what will probably be on there, Donkey Kong 64.
If you have a computer made in the last 15 years, N64 emulation works really well. It upscales well and can force AA to smooth out those jagged edges. Same for PS1 games.

If you have a computer made in the last 15 years, N64 emulation works really well. It upscales well and can force AA to smooth out those jagged edges. Same for PS1 games.
Last time I tried N64 emulating, there was a lot of delay. And for PS1, weird glitching and display errors.