Video Game News and Miscellany

For some reason Square is convinced people want to hear more about Lightning's story. I don't know why.
I'm convinced that Square Enix is mainly doing this because 14 was a giant sinkhole of debt until very recently. They've been cranking out games with the same engine because they NEED the cash NOW. And for what it's worth, 13-2 was much better than 13... but then again, anything could have been better than that. Plus they are hinting at a sequel for TWEWY in the iPad remake... so that's a good move.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml

3.0 on 10

Gamespot: 4.5/10
IGN: 7.9/10
Edge: 6/10
Eurogamer: 6/10
Game Informer: 8.75/10
Polygon: 4/10
G4: 2.5/5
Joystiq: 2.5/5

Fuck IGN and Game Informer... sold out pigs.

This is why I wait to rent games I'm not sure about.

13-2 played better than 13 in terms of combat, but I couldn't get into it. I even gave the game a good 10 hours or so. The level system is boring, the grinding to get good monsters as your 3rd member is too close to FF8's Draw for my taste, and the story just didn't draw me in at all.

Giving a game less than a 70 is basically like saying "This is a game. Barely." It's the equivalent of a D.

I know people joke about the 4 point scale, but I've always looked at it as being the same as a letter grade. So 100 is an A+, 99-90 is an A, 89-80 is a B, 79-70 is a C, 69-60 is a D and less than 60 is an F. Once you look at that, it's very obvious how scores are handled.

Update on the Mass Effect Trilogy Edition: each version (PC, 360, PS3) will receive different DLC included. For example, PC will come with all Mass Effect 1 DLC, while 360 will get none. PS3, no news yet, and it doesn't even have the same Nov 6 release date as the others. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that they're upgrading the graphics of the first game slightly to match ME2.

I'd get rid of my ME2 for this, except PS3 owners got a bunch of the DLC for free and I don't want to lose that in an upgrade. At the same time, I wonder if current PS3 copies of ME2 will let you load your ME1 Shepard from the PSN download version, or if you need the trilogy versions of the games to maintain consistency.

Then I wonder whether I should even bother putting any more money into this franchise.

Guys, I keep watching trailers for Persona 4 The Golden...and drooling. The SMT games are favourites of mine... in fact, I'd say they are what REALLY got me into gaming. This re-release looks fantastic.

I am aching for this game...yet I do not own a vita. I just may break apart out of desire for it.

My only consolation is to nitpick the fact they they didn't add a female protagonist like they did when Atlus released Persona 3 Portable. That would have driven me over the edge.

/rantings of a crazy lady

I know, his rants were that they were too easy, they tried to be like System Shock but failed, etc. Hence why I tagged him to see that. Seems to address alot of the issues he had with the series.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, they say they're still "putting the finishing touches" on the android version and that it should be out by the end of the year. A little disappointed there, when their previous hype made it seem the android version would be coming out today too.

GasBandit

Staff member
Android is markedly harder to develop for at the end stages due to having to test across so many different devices.
I understand that, but false expectations were set by marketing material sent to me by e-mail which led me to believe they would still be released simultaneously. But I'm not that broken up about it, I joined the kickstarter for the PC version, the mobile game will just be icing when it gets here.

GasBandit

Staff member

You do know this is a video game and video game company, right?

:trolol:
Well, there's misleading and then there's outright false. As in, the e-mail I received last week specifically stated that the IOS *and* Android versions would be coming out today. Today we learn that was never to be the case, and they knew it.

New Skylanders game came out. I would like it if they'd make an- ACTUAL FUCKING SPYRO SEQUEL- but I hear kids do like these things so whatevs. Still perturbs me though.

Skylanders has made MAD. FUCKING. MONEY. When it first came out, you literally couldn't find the figures anywhere. They were all sold out.

Skylanders has made MAD. FUCKING. MONEY. When it first came out, you literally couldn't find the figures anywhere. They were all sold out.
I know, I remember my little cousins whining about how they didn't get all the figures! And the fact that it's all systems? BRILLIANT! Acclaim has basically found a way to get people to buy a game with 36 memory cards- AND IT WORKED! While I ain't gettin it, I know this series is probably gonna last a hell of a long while.

EDIT: NEW SONIC NEWS!

Sega has a new Sonic game that changes the game-play from running a lot...to just jumping. Ready your key-boards folks!

It's Activision, and it's all youse kid's fault that buy that shit that keeps Toys For Bob from making the Star Control sequel they want so very badly to make.

To be fair, it's more like having a pretty good game and a bunch of action figure dealies you can play with when your not playing the game. I am honestly convinced that if Nintendo did this with Pokemon, I'd buy every god damn figure.

EVERY. GODDAMN. FIGURE.

But then again, that would mean Nintendo would have been smart enough to do a home, HD version of their game. With online multiplayer that didn't SUCK.