Video Game News and Miscellany

I might have considered $5. But $20 seems more than it is worth, to me.
This is where I'm at. If I was getting Blue Shift and the other expansion, I'd probably be tempted at 30... but just HL2? And a version I've already played most of for free? That's 10, at best.

fade

Staff member
Meh. I liked Half-life a lot, but I'm not paying more for a prettier version of the same game.

Hell, half the horror in those older games was in your imagination's ability to fill in the gaps.

I think $20 is a fair price. We likely aren't the audience they're aiming for, but rather people who have never played Half-Life before, but have heard of how good it is.

Baldur's Gate enhanced launched at the same price, and it too was already available in mod form.

They've been working on it for so long, 20 bucks isn't a lot to ask. Besides, you and I both know it'll be Steam saled soon anyway.

GasBandit

Staff member
"How long" you work on something doesn't determine price. Battlecruiser 3000AD would have made Derek Smart a jillionaire :p

All (non-AAA 50-100 dollar ((LOL)) games) games seem to hit Steam at around 20 bucks these days, makes the Steam sale price of 10 seem like a sweet deal.

So despite the PS4 saying this if you go to delete PT:

You can NEVER download it again now:

God damn it Konami. All digital future!!

People are petitioning to save the project despite every major participant having left the project. What exactly do they think they're saving when none of the influence that would've made it great will be present? It's not like Guillermo del Toro has nothing else to do--these things run on schedules because people with talent are busy.

People are petitioning to save the project despite every major participant having left the project. What exactly do they think they're saving when none of the influence that would've made it great will be present? It's not like Guillermo del Toro has nothing else to do--these things run on schedules because people with talent are busy.
I think at this point people just want to save PT because it's seriously the best horror game ever made with or without Silent Hills and it's a MASSIVE shame to lose it over some bitterness.

Splatoon, Nintendo's Wii U shooter game with lots of unique features, is going to be released at the end of the month with no voice chat and no capability for more than one player per Wii U to go online.

So, the game is dead to me. You can't cooperate with a person in the room with you, a Nintendo staple, because the online multiplayer relies so heavily on the gamepad. You can't cooperate with people in your team, because the built-in mic on the gamepad is never properly utilized.

Between these problems and Code Name Steam, this is why Nintendo doesn't launch new IPs that much. They just need to stick with what they're good at, because apparently it doesn't go well. Code Name Steam had a lot of fanfare and then just vanished after release without much buzz from Nintendo. I wonder if the same will happen with Splatoon.

I think at this point people just want to save PT because it's seriously the best horror game ever made with or without Silent Hills and it's a MASSIVE shame to lose it over some bitterness.
I think it'd be funny if Del Toro and Kojima went and made the game without Konami.

They could call it...Quiet Ridge! Muted Slope! Muffled Mound! Hushed Highland! Quieted Butte! Noiseless Gradient!

So, the game is dead to me. You can't cooperate with a person in the room with you, a Nintendo staple, because the online multiplayer relies so heavily on the gamepad. You can't cooperate with people in your team, because the built-in mic on the gamepad is never properly utilized.
This isn't an issue of under utilizing the gamepad microphone, it's a purposeful design choice by Nintendo in order to keep their first party titles Family Friendly. Basically, they don't want people shouting and swearing at little kids and basically turning the community for the game into Xbox Live. Unfortunately, this meant they decided to take voice chat out completely.

This is the company that took away swapnote because naughty things could be sent on it between people you have on your friends list. Because as you know, parents can't be parents and monitor who their child randomly adds to their friends list from the internet.

Nintendo's Online game is insanely behind the times, and I don't think they're ever going to change it. No voice doesn't bother me, though, as I never use it anyway.

This isn't an issue of under utilizing the gamepad microphone, it's a purposeful design choice by Nintendo in order to keep their first party titles Family Friendly. Basically, they don't want people shouting and swearing at little kids and basically turning the community for the game into Xbox Live. Unfortunately, this meant they decided to take voice chat out completely.
I know that's why they did it, but it still goes to, why bother having a mic at all? Same for 3DS. You can chat during Pokemon stuff; nothing to stop people from cursing at each other. Hell, I'm sure it happens.[DOUBLEPOST=1430949791,1430949738][/DOUBLEPOST]In any case, for Splatoon, if I can't coordinate with a team, and I can't play with my wife aside from against each other, I just have no reason to buy it.

Ahahahaha, so you can join a Splatoon game lobby with a friend, but there's no guarantee you'll be on the same team because it shuffles everyone. GG Nintendo.[DOUBLEPOST=1431016718,1431016394][/DOUBLEPOST]As an aside, is anyone going to try the demo times this weekend? I might try it out on Friday, the Saturday morning time is too early, and I'll probably let my kids try it out in the afternoon.

Zappit

Staff member
Ahahahaha, so you can join a Splatoon game lobby with a friend, but there's no guarantee you'll be on the same team because it shuffles everyone. GG Nintendo.[DOUBLEPOST=1431016718,1431016394][/DOUBLEPOST]As an aside, is anyone going to try the demo times this weekend? I might try it out on Friday, the Saturday morning time is too early, and I'll probably let my kids try it out in the afternoon.
So much for clan gaming. Eh, won't miss that.

I have to hand it to the Goat Simulator devs. They took a really STUPID concept and just rolled with it. Hell, just before it came out, they even openly said that people shouldn't waste their money on this game or wait for a sale.

So according to NCSoft's current sales report, WildStar is still struggling pretty hard.

Folks are starting to worry that, in line with the way most other NA-developed NCS properties that struggle/sink, the game will just get the axe instead of going B2P/F2P.