Video Game News and Miscellany

You monster.
I hope you're not trying to suggest brownies might be better than cookies. That's ridiculous. I'll go eat some brownies angrily, just to spite you.

And, well, the thing is, Gas, that while you're right, you're also wrong. Saying a suicidal transgender shouldn't go to 4chan is like saying a woman shouldn't be out alone in the Bronx. I mean, yes, it may be a bad idea, but at the same time, it shouldn't be, because she should be able to go there safely.

GasBandit

Staff member
I hope you're not trying to suggest brownies might be better than cookies. That's ridiculous. I'll go eat some brownies angrily, just to spite you.

And, well, the thing is, Gas, that while you're right, you're also wrong. Saying a suicidal transgender shouldn't go to 4chan is like saying a woman shouldn't be out alone in the Bronx. I mean, yes, it may be a bad idea, but at the same time, it shouldn't be, because she should be able to go there safely.
It's more like saying homosexuals should be able to freely be who they are in Iran and Saudi Arabia. Yes, they should. But no, they're not. Not for a long, long, long time. And poking that tiger now, repeatedly and flagrantly, has a predictable outcome.

Just because she was trans (as am I, for what it's worth) doesn't mean she should be part of a statistic in talks about trans suicide.
Uhhh, why not? Half of trans folk barely make it out of their 20s due to suicide.

GasBandit

Staff member
Uhhh, why not? Half of trans folk barely make it out of their 20s due to suicide.
Because, if I'm reading this right (and I might not be), the friend thinks the suicide was more due to the pain of medical problems unrelated to being trans.

At one point, I was excited at the prospect of the Warhammer license being out there.

After the 30th garbage mobile game and fucking EXTREME GRIMDARK BATTLECHESS I take back that excitement and replace it with lament.

IT HAS A COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE AND A FUCKING SEASON PASS!

WHERE ARE YOU RELIC?! FUCKING SAVE US!

Last edited:
Looking for themed chess, you say? I still have a copy of BLOODBOWL to give away! It's... kinda like chess, but with dice, and football themed instead of chess themed... and it's Warhammer fantasy and not 40K... and ok, it's nothing like what was being talked about.

I'll show myself out, now.

Looking for themed chess, you say? I still have a copy of BLOODBOWL to give away! It's... kinda like chess, but with dice, and football themed instead of chess themed... and it's Warhammer fantasy and not 40K... and ok, it's nothing like what was being talked about.

I'll show myself out, now.
Is it worth putting the time in to figure Blood Bowl out?

I thought Drop Assault and Space Wolf (the mobile games) were both pretty solid, but they were definitely much more decent seen-before mobile games with 40K paint on top than actually stand out experiences. It's frustrating.

Is it worth putting the time in to figure Blood Bowl out?
The game is really fun, and it's not really that hard once you get the hang of things. It's a game about managing risk, if you take too many risky actions, you will inevitably fail horribly and roll nothing but 1's and have everything around you explode. Possibly literally if you're playing goblins.

The PC version, made by cyanide, is unfortunately kinda shitty. Cyanide is a shitty developer. The fun game that is Blood Bowl is still there, you just have to learn how to use their shitty UI, and how to avoid the easily avoidable bugs that they -still- haven't fixed, despite the game being out forever.

Also, you really only want to play multiplayer, because the singleplayer AI is just terrible. And the 'story' mode is absolute shit.... just play online, classic rules, since the 'new' rules that cyanide introduced are also shit.

I'm saying shit a lot, here, but it is underneath it a fun game.

The game is really fun, and it's not really that hard once you get the hang of things. It's a game about managing risk, if you take too many risky actions, you will inevitably fail horribly and roll nothing but 1's and have everything around you explode. Possibly literally if you're playing goblins.

The PC version, made by cyanide, is unfortunately kinda shitty. Cyanide is a shitty developer. The fun game that is Blood Bowl is still there, you just have to learn how to use their shitty UI, and how to avoid the easily avoidable bugs that they -still- haven't fixed, despite the game being out forever.

Also, you really only want to play multiplayer, because the singleplayer AI is just terrible. And the 'story' mode is absolute shit.... just play online, classic rules, since the 'new' rules that cyanide introduced are also shit.

I'm saying shit a lot, here, but it is underneath it a fun game.
Well, now that it's summer I've got time to figure out a new game, so if you want to unload that copy I wouldn't turn it down.

I rather enjoyed the free version of Black Mesa, but I think I'm going to wait for everything to be complete before I spend money on it.

Aaaaand right now the game's Steam forum is blowing up with people complaining about it being $20.

On the one hand, I think it's partly warranted.
On the other hand...dammit, I'm actually thinking of getting it today, anyway.