Video Game News and Miscellany

His posts and replies have been very terse lately. In my mind, he is trying to condense his thoughts into the most tightly compacted, quickly deliverable packages possible, because he can't get an instant to himself as his daughter constantly toddles from one potential disaster to another, and daddy has to intervene.
Animated-moving-creepy-stirring-picture.gif

Sorry what fetish pictures? Haven't played the mgs games since I don't like capcom
When you defeat one of the bosses in the Metal Gear Solid 4, members of the "Beauty and Beast Squad" - they're basically mentally ill models in beast-like power armor. And when you kill them, the armor opens up and they emerge wearing wet rubber suits and slowly walk towards you as they die. If you pull out a camera, you can take pictures of them while they die and they will do sexy poses.

I didn't make a single fucking word of that up. That is actually what happens in the game.

Also, how can people have seen that cutscene and not had Kojima committed? I mean holy shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
When you defeat one of the bosses in the Metal Gear Solid 4, members of the "Beauty and Beast Squad" - they're basically mentally ill models in beast-like power armor. And when you kill them, the armor opens up and they emerge wearing wet rubber suits and slowly walk towards you as they die. If you pull out a camera, you can take pictures of them while they die and they will do sexy poses.

I didn't make a single fucking word of that up. That is actually what happens in the game.

Also, how can people have seen that cutscene and not had Kojima committed? I mean holy shit.

She literally is wearing a wet suit that looks like lingerie.

And the whole thing doesn't make sense.

Ah japan

It's very clear that every Metal Gear game has a segment meant to explore one of Kojima' fetishes.

- In MGS, it had all the butt shots of Meryl.
- In the VR Missions, it's the ability to take candid photos of Mei Ling (and you can get closer to her by doing better in the training)
- In MGS2, it was all the model posters everywhere.
- In MGS3, it's all the scenes of Eva stripping.
- In MGS4, it's the Beauty and the Beast shit.
- In Peace Walker, it's young women. He did that in Snatcher too.
- In Phantom Pain it's going to be the sniper woman in the bikini (for god knows what reason).

That's a really good price - you'd spend more than that on the DLC. But waiting for a sale isn't a bad idea. It's a really fun game.

figmentPez

Staff member
That's a really good price - you'd spend more than that on the DLC. But waiting for a sale isn't a bad idea. It's a really fun game.
It's a ton of fun. I played as much as I could during a free weekend a while back.

I can't decide if I want to pay the full price, in hopes that it will better support my stance that I like complete packs and not having to worry about what DLC I want, and how much the season pass gets me, etc. Or if I just want to follow my usual route of only buying if I can't be patient.

I was thinking that exactly. Compared to a lot of people, he's pretty tame; he just happens to be the director of a high-profile series of games.
No, I'm sorry, that's some fucked up shit. "Hey, here's a slime-covered mentally traumatized model in a latex lingerie 'battle suit' that will totally spend the last minutes of her life groping you and posing for naughty pictures. And this will happen 4 times in the game. Oh, and you can ogle/molest the female guards at gunpoint, who are also in latex suits as well for some reason (namely, the ogling and molesting)."

No, I'm sorry, that's some fucked up shit. "Hey, here's a slime-covered mentally traumatized model in a latex lingerie 'battle suit' that will totally spend the last minutes of her life groping you and posing for naughty pictures. And this will happen 4 times in the game. Oh, and you can ogle/molest the female guards at gunpoint, who are also in latex suits as well for some reason (namely, the ogling and molesting)."

That's a bit more descriptive than Ashburner's. I haven't played MGS4; gave up on the series at Raiden. Yeah, that's some fucked up shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
I laughed out loud when the female guard finally said "PERV" and insta-kill kicked snake in the crotch. Still, none of this really strikes me as anything worse than you see in your average Hitman PC game, much less some of the genuinely perverted stuff out there. I mean, really, that video Null posted looked like a standard patdown to me... granted, the player did it over and over and over and over again giving it a salacious context.

I never actually played MGS4. I tried to, but after the first 20 minutes of cutscene I decided I'd try a game that would actually let me PLAY IT.

I tried playing one of the Metal Gears on the PS3... the one where Snake is old, but found it to be horribly boring and suffer from the final-fantasy syndrome of being too far up its own ass.

Metal Gear Rising, on the other hand... that's some good shit.

I played snake eater once and got stuck at the burning river dream because I'd get frustrated and restart right away. Years later I found out what you had to do and I was too burned to give a shit about the series after that.

Last edited:
I played and beat MGS1, 2, and 4. For some reason, even though many say it's the best, 3 just didn't grab me. Sometime last year, I bought the MGS collection, which has 2, 3, and one of the PSP games ported and all upgraded to PS3. Re-played 2 and got far enough into 3 that there was a STUPIDLY long cutscene that I swear lasted 45 minutes. You were supposed to rescue some dude, so I snuck in and was rewarded with 45+ minutes of exposition. Gave up on it after that.

MGS4 was the most irritating. Like other cutscenes in the series, I was left not playing it but sitting and watching with my chin resting on my hand thinking, "Gee, some of this super cool stuff Snake is doing would be sure fun to PLAY." Not to mention the ratio of cutscene to actual gameplay is staggeringly unbalanced.

I'm not even bothering with the series anymore. Been tempted to try Revengence, despite it's really stupid name.

I'm not even bothering with the series anymore. Been tempted to try Revengence, despite it's really stupid name.
I'm told Revengence doesn't have most of the exposition problems of the series, as it's an action game foremost and by a developer that makes some of the best.

As for MGS4... the problem they had is THIS was going to be the end of the Sold Snake story, so they had to resolve all of the lose ends. There were A LOT of lose ends. They also wanted to comment on the rise of PMCs after Iraq and Afghanistan, so that was even more exposition. Then they went into gun control and everything turned into a mess. Part of the problem of the series is that it wants to talk high concept but then it has to tell everyone the politics involved because it assumes most of it's players are idiots.

Do I need to start posting videos again?

Revengence = not a word

But it's a not-a-word for AWESOME.
Doesn't matter. The series has tainted my feelings about anything Metal Gear. I care little to nothing about the ridiculously confusing mythos.

Last edited:
That's what makes Revengence awesome, it doesn't care either.
This is true. Basically the only things that matter, Metal Gear wise, to the plot are...

- Raiden is a cyborg
- PMCs are defacto military
- Metal Gears are a thing
- Sunny is there

It's not trying to make a fucking commentary on anything. It's just trying to be a crazy awesome Metal Gear spin-off.