Venture Brothers. VENTURE BROTHERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need be careful with the games though... if you lose connection at any time and earn a bounty item, you won't get the achievement and thus not the TF2 item. I found this out after winning the last item and now I have to fucking play through the entire thing if I want my Longfall Boots.

One hundred percent caught up! Also-
HOLY SHIT DERMOT FUCKING KNOWS HOLY SHIT! And Myrna isn't the boys mom-BUT MOSTLY THE DERMOT THING!

BananaHands

Staff member
Probably the best episode this season.
  • Doctor Orpheus is great.
    • Dermott is seriously the best thing to happen to Hank for development.
    • I can only assume 21 just wanders the Venture compound yard in a ninja outfit because he's bored.
    • Myra thinking "Maybe Man" could make Dean into a baby is probably one of the most subtle jokes on television.
    • Radical Left. Hehehe.
    • "I don't even know how I understand H.E.L.P.eR!"
    • I think Doc has been trying in his own sick way to be a father to Dermott lately. I don't know, it seems like he's been making an effort to be a better person this season.

GasBandit

Staff member
Probably the best episode this season.
    • I think Doc has been trying in his own sick way to be a father to Dermott lately. I don't know, it seems like he's been making an effort to be a better person this season.
  • I noticed that too.
    He's been strict but not unreasonable, making Dermott do things like "go back outside and ring the doorbell" when he just barges in familiarly (ironic phrasing), or asserting dominance over him by making him perform a menial chore to get something he wants (like take out the trash if you want to stay over). It isn't often we've seen Rusty act in a genuinely paternal role... maybe he's trying to make up for lost time. Clearly Dermott picked up some bad habits from not having a father figure in his life, as we've seen over the last couple seasons.

BananaHands

Staff member
I noticed that too.
He's been strict but not unreasonable, making Dermott do things like "go back outside and ring the doorbell" when he just barges in familiarly (ironic phrasing), or asserting dominance over him by making him perform a menial chore to get something he wants (like take out the trash if you want to stay over). It isn't often we've seen Rusty act in a genuinely paternal role... maybe he's trying to make up for lost time. Clearly Dermott picked up some bad habits from not having a father figure in his life, as we've seen over the last couple seasons.
I really want to see Dermott's and Rusty's reaction to Hank having sex with Dermott's mother/"sister".

GasBandit

Staff member
I really want to see Dermott's and Rusty's reaction to Hank having sex with Dermott's mother/"sister".
As far as we know, the only person who knows/remembers that is Nikki herself. Seems unlikely to come out... unless they get frisky AGAIN.

I freaking LOVE St. Cloud, he is the perfect nerdy nemesis for Billy.
And the Monarch and his parents KNEW doctor Venture? CRAZY!

I freaking LOVE St. Cloud, he is the perfect nerdy nemesis for Billy.
And the Monarch and his parents KNEW doctor Venture? CRAZY!
I've been suspecting this for a long time. I honestly expect that Jonas got them killed and forgot all about their kid, which is why he had that whole fucked up episode with the Monarch Butterflies. He's ether blaming Rusty because Jonas is dead or because Rusty was involved somehow.

The series totally has to end with them forgiving each other and just hanging out, watching Game of Thrones with Gary.

"The metal murder man from my dreams! It WAS real!"

Dear lord does Rusty's childhood make me feel so much better about mine.

Also, fake-out, for realsies dead, or Rusty got his cloning tanks back-TAKIN' ALL BETS!

This is only, what... episode 7 and we're ALREADY getting the season finale next week? We waited TWO YEARS for this. I honestly makes this season feel rushed, especially since they haven't really addressed ANYTHING with Dead yet.

This is only, what... episode 7 and we're ALREADY getting the season finale next week? We waited TWO YEARS for this. I honestly makes this season feel rushed, especially since they haven't really addressed ANYTHING with Dead yet.
Agreed, eight eps is WAY too short for a season. Also-
HENRY KILLINGER IS WORKING WITH THE REVENGE SOCIETY?! ALL IS DOOMED!
Though we're probably not going to SEE much of that this season since there is only one freaking episode.

BananaHands

Staff member
“Where is my wife. I think the plane is going down.”

Confirmed for Monarch's father. Jonas is a sick fuck.

Spoilering this because I feel like this is a long time coming.

My prediction? Rusty and Monarch are brothers. They have similar builds, similar personalities, the same hair color, and even Dr. Girlfriend thinks they'd be good friends if Monarch did have such a hate-boner for Rusty. This just has to happen.

BananaHands

Staff member
Spoilering this because I feel like this is a long time coming.

My prediction? Rusty and Monarch are brothers. They have similar builds, similar personalities, the same hair color, and even Dr. Girlfriend thinks they'd be good friends if Monarch did have such a hate-boner for Rusty. This just has to happen.
I totally agree. I think Jonas was sleeping with The Monarch's mother. I also think that Rusty had accidentally caused the plane crash as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if Jonas had pulled some strings to get The Monarch in the guild.

GasBandit

Staff member
I totally agree. I think Jonas was sleeping with The Monarch's mother. I also think that Rusty had accidentally caused the plane crash as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if Jonas had pulled some strings to get The Monarch in the guild.
Jonas was already dead before he even became a shadowman under Phantom Limb, I thought. Remember, they (Rusty and the Monarch, then going by real name Malcolm) were both at college together and Monarch was still uncostumed at the time, though he was responsible for blowing up the science lab that Rusty got blamed and thrown out for.

Jonas was already dead before he even became a shadowman under Phantom Limb, I thought. Remember, they (Rusty and the Monarch) were both at college together and Monarch was still uncostumed at the time, though he was responsible for blowing up the science lab that Rusty got blamed and thrown out for.
What Gas said. Monarch didn't become the Monarch until the night he crashed Phantom Limb's party and ran off with Dr. Girlfriend, and even then he wasn't officially in the Guild as a villain.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also... didn't ghost robot die in the Zero/Zeus episode? I half expected them to tap H.E.L.P.E.R. in that scene before they revealed GR.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also also, I keep thinking Wild Fop (Councilman 2) is Mudsy the Funky Phantom, and the car seen in last night's episode I started pointing and saying "It's the hot rod jalopy ALSO from Funky Phantom!"[DOUBLEPOST=1373912644][/DOUBLEPOST]Also ALSO also, I JUST got that Red Mantle and Dragoon are Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper.

Vendata is Monarch's dad. He was babbling about his wife and a plane crash. Jonas Venture is EXACTLY that kind of dickhead. His maskless robocop face even looks like the Monarch.

fade

Staff member
For all the unrealistic stuff that happens in this show, I am finding it hard to wrap my head around Shoreleave and The Alchemist as a couple. Doesn't seem like Shoreleave's type.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, he was reluctant at first because the Alchemist came on too strong, remember? Even had his memory wiped.

They're probably doing what they did in Season 4. Split it into two parts and show the other half later in the year. That way they can sell the first half on DVD by the time the second half airs.

BananaHands

Staff member
Also:

"First of Team Venture to die."

Guess who is still alive.

Also, "Who the $#&% is Gary!?"[DOUBLEPOST=1374499563][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think this is why Rusty doesn't pay much attention to Hank: he knows that Hank will be fine.Also, Hank playing wingman to the Action Man at a retirement home? Best part of the show.

How about that Stan Lee cameo?

Status
Not open for further replies.