[News] US Capitol Siege 6 January 2021

I don't know his intention. I'm not saying it was a shirt in good taste, but I am just saying it doesn't mean that was his intention to incite violence.
I know it's not really the same thing, but as an example I wear my "Rocks fall. Everyone dies" Tee to D&D nights all the time. It's an exaggeration. In my case for humor. In that guy's case... I dunno. For emphasis? He stayed away from the violence and that should be considered. He could just be an idiot with poor taste in clothing.
D&D night is not the same as a terrorist attack on the seat of government. Trump and co. have been blowing dog whistles for months, or just flat out calling for violence. He knew what he was getting into. "I just wanted to see what the fuss was about," is not admissible in a court of law.

D&D night is not the same as a terrorist attack on the seat of government. Trump and co. have been blowing dog whistles for months, or just flat out calling for violence. He knew what he was getting into. "I just wanted to see what the fuss was about," is not admissible in a court of law.
I'm not seeing anything that says he participated in the violence. I don't even see anything that says he made it to the steps of the Capitol. You can't take him to court if he didn't do anything wrong.

If he wore that shirt, and the protest stayed entirely peaceful, what would you think then?

I'm not seeing anything that says he participated in the violence. I don't even see anything that says he made it to the steps of the Capitol. You can't take him to court if he didn't do anything wrong.
He took part in a march that included an attack on the Capitol building. Five people died. That the march even took place was problematic enough. There was never anything peaceful about any of it.

Yeah. He was there. He did plenty of wrong just from that. And if it kills his business he deserves it.

Just to be clear, I hate Trump and everything he stands for. The violence was horrific and everyone who participated in it should be punished to the full extent of the law.
But, like any protest where someone does something violent, I cannot hold EVERYONE accountable for the actions of some. As much as I feel that Trump supporters have some depraved personal opinions on what is and what isn't acceptable in a peaceful society, I must believe that not all of them were there to be violent. Those who did not intend to be violent had the right to be there and protest.

Last edited:
No one is saying to arrest everyone at the protest. They are saying the ones that broke into the building and caused a ruckus and got people killed should be arrested.
Perhaps I am mistaken but I was under the impression that is exactly what DarkAudit was arguing.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I was under the impression that is exactly what DarkAudit was arguing.
What I take exception to was the notion that "he did nothing wrong." He took part in a march whose very intent was to violently spit in the face of everything this country stands for. It was not constitutionally protected speech in any way. Even freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

And the intent of the original post was to call out the dude and his business. People have every right to question their association with such people and spend their time and money accordingly. Just as the Parler vendors and teespring were asked to reconsider their association.

I'm wondering what Kompromat Dolt45 has on Pence.
I keep seeing this suggested, and it's really unnecessary. He's a career politician, willing to join Donald Trump to further his ambitions. He has always gone with the team position, no matter how horrific, because that makes him a good team player. He's in it for himself and his own goals, and he doesn't need outside influence to be an awful, weak, immoral person.

UPDATE: To be clear, this isn't a shot at you, Pez. I'm saying the idea is unnecessary, as Pence has shown who he is through all of this.

I keep seeing this suggested, and it's really unnecessary. He's a career politician, willing to join Donald Trump to further his ambitions. He has always gone with the team position, no matter how horrific, because that makes him a good team player. He's in it for himself and his own goals, and he doesn't need outside influence to be an awful, weak, immoral person.

UPDATE: To be clear, this isn't a shot at you, Pez. I'm saying the idea is unnecessary, as Pence has shown who he is through all of this.
I don't think, Tim. He was pretty disparaging of Trump, even after the election. Goes golfing with him one weekend, does a 180 so fast he got whiplash.
edit, whoopsie, I thought you were talking about Graham.

I honestly think some Republicans will vote in favor of impeachment this time and it will go further this time around. If only because it's now a sinking ship and Trump is already on the way out, so he doesn't have the same hold on them as before.

I honestly think some Republicans will vote in favor of impeachment this time and it will go further this time around. If only because it's now a sinking ship and Trump is already on the way out, so he doesn't have the same hold on them as before.
Apparently it took a riot/failed coup to wake up some of the Republicans. But this country is going to have to deal with the millions of assholes who still like Trump and thought the mob who stormed the capital were "patriots" or some shit.

I'm just stunned. Never in a million years did I think we would see an actual coup attempt, even a dumb one such as this, in the U.S. Trump's election has shown me how truly fucked up about 40% of this country is.

Last edited:
As expected. GOP House members are having a fit over the metal detectors Pelosi had installed. Kinda putting truth to the "we think one of you may try to kill us" rumor, dontcha think?