Former President Trump Thread

I'd read that only PERSONAL cell phones are now banned. Government issued ones for employees are fine.

Personally I think that this is reasonable for a high security area, and I'm surprised that wasn't already the case. That itself is rather odd imo.

The rest I didn't quote is of course totally absurd to try and silence people like that.
Yeah, I'm also surprised this wasn't already the case. Which I guess is what gives it the element of fishiness. If it's a secure area, then personal devices should have already been banned. So either they had lax security to begin with or it's a non-secure area and they're just trying to hide their sorry excuse for an Executive Branch.

I'm curious what they mean by government-issued work devices. Is this a locked down phone that can only make calls over secure channels and can't leave the secure area? Or is it just a government issued phone that employees can take home (and out of secure custody), but unlike their personal phone has a backdoor so the administration can read everyone's emails and go after whistleblowers? What the work devices actually are makes a big difference in their claims of "for security reasons".

I just don't see a place that receives as many visitors as the West Wing does being a secure area. It has secured rooms, sure, but they're talking about not allowing visitors in general to keep their phones. Also, the press corps has offices in the West Wing, so I really doubt this is a all a secure area.

Now, if Trump's administration is running their mouths about sensitive info or leaving Top Secret documents lying around in the non-secure areas of the West Wing (where it could be recorded by personal devices), THAT is an entirely different issue that would be better solved by unemployment and/or prison (and not for the whistleblowers).

I don’t remember if it was bush or Obama who whined and complained about being forced to use a blackberry rather than the phone they preferred (Apple maybe?) because blackberry actually supported decent encryption and better IT control at the time. Must have been Obama because when bush’s term started blackberry was actually a good phone and iPhone and android didn’t exist.

Regardless, I remember it being a thing.

That we have a social network active President is certainly a turning point though. Obama promised frequent broadcasts, but eventually gave them up because no one would broadcast them, and they simply went into the news fodder for sound bites, even then rarely used.

I don’t remember if it was bush or Obama who whined and complained about being forced to use a blackberry rather than the phone they preferred (Apple maybe?) because blackberry actually supported decent encryption and better IT control at the time. Must have been Obama because when bush’s term started blackberry was actually a good phone and iPhone and android didn’t exist.

Regardless, I remember it being a thing.

That we have a social network active President is certainly a turning point though. Obama promised frequent broadcasts, but eventually gave them up because no one would broadcast them, and they simply went into the news fodder for sound bites, even then rarely used.
You remember wrong and backwards. :p

More disturbing to me is how his brain seems to automatically edit his memories of events to more conveniently fit his desired narrative.
It's like he's the opposite of a scientist.

--Patrick

More disturbing to me is how his brain seems to automatically edit his memories of events to more conveniently fit his desired narrative.

--Patrick
He's used to everyone just going with whatever modified reality he comes up with at the time. I'm convinced he is mentally ill

View attachment 26454

I'm aware it's been posted above but this was my first introduction to it. So...what???
Finding that impeachment isn’t a viable path to end his presidency early, people appear to be working hard to relieve him of his duties by claiming he’s incapable of his duties. IIRC this week will see the public release of this year’s medical examination.

Removal from office due to incapacity hasn’t happened to a president before, so this would be a hard path to go since it will involve a lot of lengthy court battles.

The book alleges that he’s mentally incompetent, and is written by someone who believes he’s had a lot of inside access and thus is in a position to objectively evaluate how stable or unstable trump and his staff are.

I have no way to evaluate the book’s truth, but I’m certain it’ll make the author lots of money regardless.

Removal from office due to incapacity hasn’t happened to a president before, so this would be a hard path to go since it will involve a lot of lengthy court battles.
Strictly speaking, they probably could have done this to Reagan with his Alzheimer's if he and his handlers hadn't been so good at hiding it. Even so, looking at the way he talked even then makes it apparent he was suffering from it at the time. But that's with 20+ years of Alzheimer's research under our belts, after that fact... at the time, it wouldn't have been so obvious.

--Patrick
But it is the brain pattern of a three-year-old.[DOUBLEPOST=1515291707,1515291625][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not going to take every word Bannon puts in his book as the truth considering how he views the world, but it is entertaining watching him and Trump go at it like a divorced couple.

Dave

Staff member
I have an electronic copy that I...uh...found on the back of a truck. I don't hold that these books are all on the up & up. With a lot of it there's no verification so it's borderline libelous. Still, seeing that I hate the guy so much, I want it so bad to be all real. But I'd be intellectually dishonest if I thought it was without any sort of proof.

I have an electronic copy that I...uh...found on the back of a truck. I don't hold that these books are all on the up & up. With a lot of it there's no verification so it's borderline libelous. Still, seeing that I hate the guy so much, I want it so bad to be all real. But I'd be intellectually dishonest if I thought it was without any sort of proof.

Good thing you don't need a book to tell you Trump is a man-child... you have hos tweets for that.