"Transformers 2" is a horrible experience of unbearable leng

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twitch

Cajungal said:
They were BOTH kind of useless until the very end.
But the formula was

Girl freaks out
Boy calms girl
Dr. forges ahead
Girl freaks out
Boy calms girl
Dr. forges ahead
MULDOOOOOOOON
Girl freaks out
computer trouble
Boy fixes
MULDOOOOOOOON
Book ends.

Am I nuts or did Ian Malcolm die in the first book?

I swear to God remember him dying when I read it as a kid and then getting into arguments with people about his death.

Hey guys. Just got back from the midnight screening of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Personally, I definitely enjoyed it. I liked the first film and I felt that this one lived up to my expectations (not high, mind you, but still made it). It offered precisely what I wanted to see in a Transformers film: giant alien robots beating the crap out of each other.

The plot wasn't great, but would you go to a Transformers film for the plot? This was a really fun example of how enjoyable a summer blockbuster can be. Though I would not put it on the same level as Star Trek, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing this film.

Fight scenes were awesome, I could even follow them. No shaky-cam, no "hey let's watch Shia run while Optimus goes against 3 bots at once" or anything. Plot was dumb, there is [spoiler:1ownklvd]literally a deus ex machina I am not lying this is literal.[/spoiler:1ownklvd] The twin Autobots were retarded and totally useless, [spoiler:1ownklvd]Jetfire was a crotchety old man which was also stupid.[/spoiler:1ownklvd]

All in all the fight scenes are the best part, maybe wait till it hits the cheap theaters.

I'm going to see it tomorrow.
Confirmation from Film and Cyn that it's a popcorn movie makes me think that I'm not bound to be too disappointed. I'm seeing the movie to see giant robots beat the crap out of each other.
It also helps that there is a bar in the theater, so I may take a drink in with me for maximum enjoyment.

@Li3n said:
Sure, go see it, make it a financial successful film... what could possibly go wrong: http://www.cracked.com/blog/hollywood-i ... he-gobots/
Stupid movies are going to be made no matter what we do. There is always going to plenty of people who will go to ever film with "movie" in the title even if they hated all the ones before it. Plenty of people who will see someone fart in a trailer and decide that's going to be their movie of the summer. Bad movies will never cease to be.

If Transformers entertains me I will WANT them to make more movies. I will WANT them to make Gobots the movie. And when that one comes out I'll judge it by the trailer just as I have the Transformers movies. If any of them are worth seeing again I'll hand over my money a second time. If it's interpreted as "I like stupid explosion movies, make another please" so be it.

It's Hollywood. I know that no matter how many stupid explosion movies they make, there will be plenty of "good" films as well.

Shawnacy said:
It's Hollywood. I know that no matter how many stupid explosion movies they make, there will be plenty of "good" films as well.

A movie based on the future of your line of thinking Shawnacy.

Shegokigo said:
Shawnacy said:

A movie based on the future of your line of thinking Shawnacy.
Ironic that it's actually quite a dumb film that's still fun to watch?
The concept of Idiocracy is flawed in many ways. I'm interested to see how a society of people with idiot IQs managed to come up with the technology that supports them so they can continue to be idiots.

Stupid movies are going to be made no matter what we do. There is always going to plenty of people who will go to ever film with "movie" in the title even if they hated all the ones before it. Plenty of people who will see someone fart in a trailer and decide that's going to be their movie of the summer. Bad movies will never cease to be.

Oh yeah... they'll always be someone like you... unless i manage to take over the world... then i'll just be using you people as alternate fuel... man, i need to get started on that already... but then i'll have even less time for videogames... :aaahhh:

What I'm finding amusing (and it's probably only me) is the level of vitriol people are showing for a movie they won't see. This isn't some slippery slope where the fate of the human race hangs in the balance.

Stupid movies making money isn't the cause of stupidity. Idiocracy wasn't even saying that.

I feel a little sad for those of you who can't enjoy a bad movie every so often. If only to laugh at the sheer ludicrousness of it.

Krisken said:
Stupid movies making money isn't the cause of stupidity.
Stupidity is the cause of bad movies... pay attention pls.

And DISCUSSING BAD MOVIES IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

@Li3n said:

Oh yeah... they'll always be someone like you... unless i manage to take over the world... then i'll just be using you people as alternate fuel... man, i need to get started on that already... but then i'll have even less time for videogames... :aaahhh:
Indeed. We need to get you headed in the right direction towards your Global Leader position. I'm sure people are very excited about your "Burn alive anyone who bought a Transformers 2 ticket" platform. But oh my... is that a new Mario Bros coming out? Shame you won't have time for that. I was even going to let you play Mario.

@Li3n said:
Krisken said:
Stupid movies making money isn't the cause of stupidity.
Stupidity is the cause of bad movies... pay attention pls.

And DISCUSSING BAD MOVIES IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!
That's why my friends and I have a Bad Movie night. Nothing like home brew MST3K.

Shawnacy said:
I was even going to let you play Mario.
I like Luigi better anyhow... you know he's the brains behind the operation.

Also, being elected?! That would just make me feel dirty... using a death ray would be less embarrassing then that.

@Li3n said:
Shawnacy said:
I was even going to let you play Mario.
I like Luigi better anyhow... you know he's the brains behind the operation.

Also, being elected?! That would just make me feel dirty... using a death ray would be less embarrassing then that.
In my opinion anyone who can threaten the world into fearful obedience deserves to be in control.

Shawnacy said:
In my opinion anyone who can threaten the world into fearful obedience deserves to be in control.
You're gonna have to do way more boot-licking then that to make up for liking the Transformer movie... but it's a good start.

@Li3n said:
Shawnacy said:
You're gonna have to do way more boot-licking then that to make up for liking the Transformer movie... but it's a good start.
And you're going to have to do a lot to prove to me you deserve the world.
Preferring Luigi over Mario is NOT a good start. :tongue:

K

Kitty Sinatra

On the side topic: I enjoy watching and reading Ebert's reviews, but his tastes simply do not match up enough with mine to warrant actually listen to his conclusion on any particular flick. Dude didn't like 300.

K

Koko

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen...

Just got back from the midnight premire.
Needless to say, I've lost quite a bit of faith in cinema.
:puke:

Shawnacy said:
I think i'll start with an iron maiden and work my way up from there... when you're convinced you can let me know by being silent for 30 seconds... :twisted:

Shawnacy said:
Green >> Red !

@Li3n said:
Shawnacy said:
I think i'll start with an iron maiden and work my way up from there... when you're convinced you can let me know by being silent for 30 seconds... :twisted:

Shawnacy said:
Green >> Red !
The only time Luigi gets his own game he runs around with a flashlight as he screams and dashes around in a panic.
You really prefer that over heroic and competent Mario?

Shawnacy said:
The only time Luigi gets his own game he runs around with a flashlight as he screams and dashes around in a panic.
Falling for such a transparent attempt at obfuscation? How disappointing...

@Li3n said:
Shawnacy said:
Falling for such a transparent attempt at obfuscation? How disappointing...
*Gasp* Of course! :aaahhh:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen...

Koko said:
Just got back from the midnight premire.
Needless to say, I've lost quite a bit of faith in cinema.
:puke:
So someone should have said to you:

Koko, beware. ?

C

cvgurau

Without reading the last 4 pages of posts, I'll just say that I dug it.

I went to see a movie about giant fucking robots fighting. I saw giant fucking robots fighting. Thus, I was satisfied.

And if they had left out anything else i'm sure it would have been a better movie (as it was with the 1st one).

"I'm gonna go see it anyway. Who cares if it's shit."

FUCK YOU. Fuck all y'all. YOU are the reason Hollywood is drowning us in a pile of excrement. You idiots are encouraging this and more of the same. You are the people who curse Uwe Boll's name, yet still line up and let him defecate on you for 100 minutes.

YOU are the reason Land of the Lost and Bewitched turned into Just Another Fucking Will Ferrell Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.