"Transformers 2" is a horrible experience of unbearable leng

Status
Not open for further replies.
MindDetective said:
bhamv2 said:
I choose not to let other people tell me what movies I am or am not allowed to enjoy.
This is hilarious considering nobody did that!
I know. Not pointing any fingers (or any other body parts) at any one here, just stating an opinion.

ElJuski

Staff member
Yeah...I'm going to go see this at the theater. My hope is that I can enjoy it for the shitturd that it is, like...I don't know, the thrill that a dude drunk driving must feel, to strap himself into such a bad idea. I'm self-destructive!

Literally half the reason I was excited for this movie was for the Avatar trailer I had heard would be attached. Since I've now seen that on Youtube ...

I'll probably still see Transformers. Just not as quickly as I would have otherwise.

As someone who grew up loving Transformers and even still picked up the toys when I was older (yeah, I'm a nerd) and can even point out the character that Ebert was talking about with the aluminum beard is Skyfire not Starscream, I still am not going to see this pile of fucking shit. Fuck Michael Bay and his horrible movies. My friends were all, "Man, that was so awesome, you Frank, must've loved it even more!" after seeing the first movie to which the only response that was available to me was, "Did you fucking watch the same movie I did? It was horrible. Someone should let Michael Bay know that when there's a scene and the two choices are to watch Shia LaBeouf look scared in a trench in the middle of the street or watch Optimus Prime and Megatron fight, YOU DON'T FUCKING CHOOSE THE FORMER YOU CUNT."

Cajungal

Staff member
Alex B. said:
Awesome reviews. I wasn't going to see it anyway, but it's fun to see it so thoroughly ravaged.

Makes my decision to pick up Hobgoblins 2 today all the more satisfying. :uhhuh:
Holy shit, Hobgoblins 2?? I'm alerting Mike Nelson! :D

The first one was bad... but entertaining. That's all i can really expect from a movie like Transformers. "Turn off my brain" and enjoy the explosions and robots that turn into cars or what-have-you. Thinking back to the first film there were so many scenes that just MADE that movie for me. Blackout's intro. The car chase between Bumblebee and Barricade. Skorpinox's fight against the soldiers. The Decepticon role call. The final fight.
In fact I enjoyed the movie so much the first time around I mistook it FOR a good movie. After seeing it again I realized there were some horrible acting, character problems, and gawd awful lines. But whatever. It has a Mtn Dew Machine that turns into a robot.

Really, the car chase scene is one you're citing as being good? They drive in a straight line through a window and then turn...that's it. There's no real action, it just has some guitar riff wailing while two cars drive straight.

I can't say that I am surprised. What do you expect from Michael Bay? Especially after the stupid hide-and-seek shit from the first movie. Retarded. I just wish the movie would totally bomb, and we wouldn't have to see Bay or Labeouoefee ever again.

Shannow said:
Am I the only one reading these reviews and wanting to see this movie even more? I mean, this sounds hilariously awesome!
You and everyonelse that went to watch Date/Epic/Dance Movie.

drawn_inward said:
wish the movie would totally bomb,
I will drink a bottle of whiskey for every dollar under $100 million it makes over this weekend.

-- Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:37 pm --

Shegokigo said:
Nah, everyone else that went to those movies thought it was legitimately hilarious. They're a special type of bad too that is impossible to make fun of.

Shannow

Staff member
Shegokigo said:
Shannow said:
Am I the only one reading these reviews and wanting to see this movie even more? I mean, this sounds hilariously awesome!
No, i hated those and did not see them. But the vitriol hat this is garnering is fantastic for a blockbuster. I cannot wait to see it!

I plan on going and having a good time. That's all I ask of the movie. I'm certainly not going in expecting The English Patient.

If I have fun watching it, it was well worth my money.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Gusto said:
Yo, sup
Bowielee said:
I plan on going and having a good time. That's all I ask of the movie. I'm certainly not going in expecting The English Patient.
What an odd movie to use when making this extremely common and stupid argument.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
[quote="drawn_inward":1eo7wt4m]wish the movie would totally bomb,
I will drink a bottle of whiskey for every dollar under $100 million it makes over this weekend.
[/quote:1eo7wt4m]

Sadly, it is likely to bust 60-70 on opening night. I don't think it will have a problem making >100. :grrr:

It's TRANSFORMERS, I'm certainly not looking for character development, or hell, even a great plot. I'm looking for giant robots that turn into vehicles that beat the shit out of each other.

To expect anything else is pretty stupid.

Unfortunately, I have to side with the "I'll turn offm y brain and try to enjoy this" crowd.

Yes, there are some awesome action movies (T2 or Alien for example) which combine awesome action scenes with good acting and a decent story. Nowadays, though, I'm happy if I get either one or the other. Most movies lack all of the above. This is a movie where I expect - and accept - the story being crappy, the plot being hole-riddled, and the acting...well, it's LaBoeuf, so, duh. Lots of shiny robots, lots of well-brought explosions (and this, to me, will make or break the movie...and Michael Bay doesn't have a good track record as far as I'm concerned), and nicely photoshopped girls to look at, and it's good eye candy while the mind goes somewhere else. Sad but true.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Bowielee said:
It's TRANSFORMERS, I'm certainly not looking for character development, or hell, even a great plot. I'm looking for giant robots that turn into vehicles that beat the shit out of each other.

All I expect is competent filmmaking.

Bowielee said:
It's TRANSFORMERS, I'm certainly not looking for character development, or *, even a great plot. I'm looking for giant robots that turn into vehicles that beat the poop out of each other.

That was my main beef with the first movie. That's all I wanted out of it. What I got was a first hour about some cockheaded little prick and how bad his life is because his dad won't buy him an expensive car followed by shitty handicam filmed action that was barely coherent or in some cases, off-fucking-screen. A movie about warring robots where the US AIRFORCE/ARMY almost had a larger Decepticon body count than the Autobots did.

Bowielee said:
Completely disagree. A basic plot and basic character development are NOT much to expect from a movie. Those things are easy to include with large battling robots. There are only two things you have to keep in mind: 1.) Put meaningful words into the characters' mouths and not tripe. 2.) Give them a conflict that isn't ridiculous. Then you've got it! This movie is likely to fail on both counts, which is pretty inexcusable given that those two things are pretty easy to do.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Bubble181 said:
and the acting...well, it's LaBoeuf, so, duh.
So you expect a charming and charismatic performance despite awful writing, which would be consistent with the rest of his body of work?
lots of well-brought explosions (and this, to me, will make or break the movie...and Michael Bay doesn't have a good track record as far as I'm concerned)
This is actually one thing that Bay is very good at. He can stage an explosion like nobody's business.

Kissinger said:
Bowielee said:
It's TRANSFORMERS, I'm certainly not looking for character development, or *, even a great plot. I'm looking for giant robots that turn into vehicles that beat the poop out of each other.

All I expect is competent filmmaking.
Consider the source material. If you are trying to tell me that the TV series and animated movie were any more competent than the first Transformers, I have some swampland in Florida that may interest you.

My only problem with the first movie is that there was too much human time on the screen and not enough robots beating the crap out of each other.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Bowielee said:
Consider the source material. If you are trying to tell me that the TV series and animated movie were any more competent than the first Transformers, I have some swampland in Florida that may interest you.
That's not what I'm telling you at all.
My only problem with the first movie is that there was too much human time on the screen and not enough robots beating the crap out of each other.
The human story in the first hour (approximately) was the most interesting and enjoyable part of the first movie for me, though that is faint praise.

Kissinger said:
Bowielee said:
That's not what I'm telling you at all.
The human story in the first hour (approximately) was the most interesting and enjoyable part of the first movie for me, though that is faint praise.
And that's why I'm going to see the movie this weekend and you're not.

It's all a matter of personal opinion and taste.

What makes me laugh, though, is that half the people who are saying what a crapfest it will be will probably watching it this weekend as well.

If that's not what you want, don't go see it.

S

Steven Soderburgin

MindDetective said:
Bowielee said:
If that's not what you want, don't go see it.
Will do!
Sup not seein it bro

:toocool:
:toocool:

-- Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:04 pm --

This is the face I will be making when I am not watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen this weekend:

I'm just gonna pop in the 86 movie and enjoy it. It at least was fun while being God awful instead of unbearable.

Also it had this song.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QgjwxPZxWo:20okouyt][/youtube:20okouyt]

Charlie Dont Surf said:
I admit, I would think about seeing Transformers 2 if someone offered me $50, straight up.
They wouldn't pay for ticket and concessions? That would still come out to 15 bucks an hour, I guess, not counting the time to get there, parking, etc...

MindDetective said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
I admit, I would think about seeing Transformers 2 if someone offered me $50, straight up.
They wouldn't pay for ticket and concessions? That would still come out to 15 bucks an hour, I guess, not counting the time to get there, parking, etc...
I'm walking distance from a theater (I KNOW WHAT A SURPRISE), and I'd see a matinee and skimp on the concessions and most likely net $41, which is good enough for me. And I'd actually be able to get away with trashing the movie a little more than I do already.

Status
Not open for further replies.