Town Covers Up Gang Rape to Protect High School Football Season

So, potentially, I can do anything I want so long as I repent afterwards?
Hell, according to some southern baptists I've talked to you don't even have to repent, just accept Jesus into your heart as your lord and savior. But that's an unrelated idiocy for another thread.

I'm super hesitant about stepping into this discussion, beyond the nightmare fuel the OP provides, but does anyone have the recidivism numbers for violent crime by punishment (jailtime, therapy, etc.)?

Treat people like human beings, and they just might act like human beings. If you think the United States Criminal Justice System treats anyone involved with it like a human being, then I think you're a fucking idiot.

Treat people like human beings, and they just might act like human beings. If you think the United States Criminal Justice System treats anyone involved with it like a human being, then I think you're a fucking idiot.

Maybe those animals should have given that girl the same consideration hmmmm?

GasBandit

Staff member
I must say, if I get the chance, I'd prefer to live in a world where CharlieJustice is reality. Because I will fucking conquer the shit out of that world.

Please leave "Eye for an eye" arguments back in third world countries and ancient religions where they belong, not in a civilized society in the year 2013. Thanks.

I haven't even suggested any "eye for an eye" treatments Charlie other than locking them up. Maybe you should learn to read.

It's just kind of hypocritical to post shit like "treat people like human beings and maybe they'll act like human beings" about the alleged rapists and completely neglect to say anything about the poor girl who was assaulted.

Again Charlie... what about the alleged victim? What about her rights? Does she not deserve to have her liberty protected? Is she not worthy of it or something? You're all over the bullshit map here.[DOUBLEPOST=1357666879][/DOUBLEPOST]
I must say, if I get the chance, I'd prefer to live in a world where CharlieJustice is reality. Because I will fucking conquer the shit out of that world.

Well, I'm pretty sure you could fake your way out of Charlie rehab and back into society pretty easily.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, I'm pretty sure you could fake your way out of Charlie rehab and back into society pretty easily.
Yeah, it's like GTA - go on a supervillainous spree, mass mayhem murder and malfeasance... and if I fail, a few years vacation while I "rehabilitate" and then try again having learned what tripped me up last time. It's like the Konami Code of criminality.

Also, people who say things like "act like human beings" are woefully ignorant of all of human history.

A friend of mine is a vet, she lives in the middle of no where northern Canada. She was raped by a group of loggers, she then convinced them to go home with her, "for some more"

she may or may not have put sleeping pills in their beer and castrated them in their sleep. She lost her license to practice medicine, but other then that suffered no real punishment.

Does this make her a criminal?

In the middle of no where Canada, you might have one RCMP officer in a 100 km radius.

A friend of mine is a vet, she lives in the middle of no where northern Canada. She was raped by a group of loggers, she then convinced them to go home with her, "for some more"

she may or may not have put sleeping pills in their beer and castrated them in their sleep. She lost her license to practice medicine, but other then that suffered no real punishment.

In the middle of no where Canada, you might have one RCMP officer in a 100 km radius.
That's kinda terrifying all around.

Usually her little fantasies get a chuckle from me. However, were she harmed in that manner, and those men were under her control. I doubt castration alone would be punishment enough. Of course it is only idle speculation on my part.

Oh, and it's better for humanity if rapists are put to death, mmmkay?

She was in the Yukon wasn't she?

If im not mistaken,

And less a friend than a relative of a friend so could be myth. Have heard of similar things happening. I'm just trying to generate debate on the subject. Some people are suggesting that this should be the institutional response to rape. I'm sorry if I offended anyone or created a hostile climate.

I'm actually with Charlie on this. It'd be nice to know who was 100% a rapist and kill them, but given ambiguity and the cost of putting someone to death, I think we'd be better off with life in prison.

Ya, and we've seen that these guys really feel bad and want to be forgiven.

I'm all for restorative justice, but the violent offenders need to actually want to be involved. The... individuals... involved in this case have shown no such inclination from what I've read.

Ya, and we've seen that these guys really feel bad and want to be forgiven.

I'm all for restorative justice, but the violent offenders need to actually want to be involved. The... individuals... involved in this case have shown no such inclination from what I've read.
That is a very salient point. I've read that generally crimes of passion offenders are extremely remorseful, and so restorative justice could very well work.

But if they aren't, as the OP makes the alleged rapists seem, I'm skeptical about it being useful. They just seem like predators who need to be tried, found guilty, and locked up, along with the people protecting them.

I'm not saying that every criminal can be rehabilitated. I don't think the Norway Massacre guy, almost any terrorist, should ever be released from prison. But saying stuff like all rapists (including young teenaged ones like in this story) should be castrated/murdered/imprisoned forever just is way too broad a stroke.

Charlie Don't Surf, this doesn't really look like a public policy institute to me, I think you can make allowances for emotional hyperbole in the face of strong empathetic reactions to tragedy and the baser human condition.