TIL: Today I Learned

fade

Staff member
That Wags Lending founder in the article is an unapologetic douchebag, too. You can practically hear the evil laugh.

“We like niches where we’re dealing with emotional borrowers,” Wunderlich said.

TIL the correct Latin for "when all else fails, play dead," is "Cum omnibus cecidisti, concidisse simula."
Hold on there, pardner.
Wait one minute, sir.
Just a moment, mate.
Whoa, horsey!

There is never one right way to say something English. Why should we limit ourselves to one correct way to say something in Latin?

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait, what do you want to know? I know someone who translates Latin professionally.
Psh, well you're a couple years late then :p

Back in 2015, we were struggling to translate "It seems they're up to no good" into Latin for the school motto on the Halforums Academy crest.

Closest we got was "Videtur quod non sint in nullum honestum." Which is something akin to "It seems they should not be regarded as honorable."

Back in 2015, we were struggling to translate "It seems they're up to no good" into Latin for the school motto on the Halforums Academy crest.
Back in 2015, we were struggling to translate, "I hear they're up to no good," you mean.
(though I assume "it is said" would be an acceptable substitute for "I hear.")

--Patrick

Closest we got was "Videtur quod non sint in nullum honestum." Which is something akin to "It seems they should not be regarded as honorable."

I'll pass it along to her and report back!