TIL: Today I Learned

Maybe it got depublished?

I'm positive we've discussed it, too (specifically the botfly/lotus/breast pic), I just didn't know it had legitimately been categorized as a thing with a name and a "-phobia" suffix.
I wonder if this is part of why so many people consider Amigara Fault to be so unsettling.

--Patrick
If this is what you're talking about:

I don't get the same sensation from that as I get from the other typically trypophobic images.

GasBandit

Staff member
I remember posting the botfly/lotus/breast pic, and naming it with the -phobia... and Patr being in the discussion :p

But I think that was during halfpixel.

I don't get the same sensation from that as I get from the other typically trypophobic images.
I don't, either, but I do wonder if they're linked (i.e., if they both in some way tickle the same area of our brains).
I remember posting the botfly/lotus/breast pic, and naming it with the -phobia... and Patr being in the discussion :p
But I think that was during halfpixel.
We talked about FAR WORSE stuff on Halfpixel. Yes we did.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
I still find it very odd that some of us have known each other for over 10 years, but have never actually met in person. I've only ever met one of you, and that was like 2 weeks ago.

TIL: Sam Raimi's failure with Spider-Man was inevitable.

● Spider-Man's costume was inspired by the coloration of the spider that bit him and gave him his powers.
● What type of spider is most likely to have blue and red coloration?
▷ A peacock spider

●What is one of the most derided things about Spider-Man 3?
▷ The dance scene

● What are peacock spiders known for?
▷ Dancing.

Raimi was destined to fail. He could only hold the dancing back for so long.
QED

TIL: Sam Raimi's failure with Spider-Man was inevitable.

● Spider-Man's costume was inspired by the coloration of the spider that bit him and gave him his powers.
● What type of spider is most likely to have blue and red coloration?
▷ A peacock spider

●What is one of the most derided things about Spider-Man 3?
▷ The dance scene

● What are peacock spiders known for?
▷ Dancing.

Raimi was destined to fail. He could only hold the dancing back for so long.
QED
Half-Life 3 Confirmed!

That's a LOT of work for something that's probably easier now to do with CGI.
Unless they were worried the rain wouldn't look right?
That's not enough of an excuse, though. I mean, these are the people responsible for the Burly Brawl.

--Patrick

TIL Adam West doesn't play "TV's Adam West" on Fairly Oddparents anymore...they are aware there is no point in him being there if he's not ACTUALLY Adam West right?

TIL that, according to this World Map of the Average Erected Penis Size, the Taiwanese have, on average, bigger weenies than the South Koreans.

I have no idea if this information is accurate. However, it tickles my confirmation bias very nicely, so I'm disseminating the information here without any further critical evaluation of the data.

TIL Halforums.com has just started being blocked at work for "possible adult content"
...but only on some subsets of networks/devices. Investigation is ongoing as to why, possibly because one of the thread titles contains the string "NSFW."

--Patrick

TIL Halforums.com has just started being blocked at work for "possible adult content"
...but only on some subsets of networks/devices. Investigation is ongoing as to why, possibly because one of the thread titles contains the string "NSFW."

--Patrick
It's a fair cop.

GasBandit

Staff member
Frankly, there's some stuff over in the opt-in section that probably falls under the geneva conventions, much less safe work browsing policy.

Frankly, there's some stuff over in the opt-in section that probably falls under the geneva conventions, much less safe work browsing policy.
And that's what I want to test...because I can access the front page, but it only becomes blocked after I sign in.
I am wondering if I would be able to browse when NOT signed in, thereby not including the Wretched Hive.

--Patrick

And that's what I want to test...because I can access the front page, but it only becomes blocked after I sign in.
I am wondering if I would be able to browse when NOT signed in, thereby not including the Wretched Hive.

--Patrick
Sounds like it's time for an alt for work. I humbly suggest GrueThom.