[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

Trailer for a new Lupin III anime. This time 3D animated.

I must say, this looks really good. With upcoming Dragon Quest movie and the Captian Harlock movie a few years ago it seems that Japanese animation studios getting a hang for 3D animated movies. Even though I must admit it looks a bit like CG from a video game. Maybe that's why it looks so good.

Trailer for a new Lupin III anime. This time 3D animated.

I must say, this looks really good. With upcoming Dragon Quest movie and the Captian Harlock movie a few years ago it seems that Japanese animation studios getting a hang for 3D animated movies. Even though I must admit it looks a bit like CG from a video game. Maybe that's why it looks so good.
If the writing is as good as the last series, I am so in.

So im rewatching full metal panic fumaffoo in order to catch up for invisible victory. This show has not aged great ÷_÷

Just finished anonymous noise. A romantic triangle drama in which no one wins and everyone loses backdroped by the setting of alt rock bands. Wut.

GasBandit

Staff member
Erased

1563492127668.png

Genre: Supernatural/Time Travel, Drama
Fanservice: His mom in the bath's sideboob
Premise: Satoru Fujinuma is a 29 year old failed mangaka with a bleak outlook on life and no real drive or passion - except that he has a secret, unique ability he calls "revival." It occurs automatically when something disastrous is happening - he is catapulted back in time a few minutes so that he can act to change the course of events and prevent the tragedy. Thus goes his daily life until one day he is framed for murder, and his ability inexplicably catapults him back in time 18 years to 1988, where he must figure out what he can do (in middle school!) to prevent the actions of a serial killer that will culminate in his predicament in 2006.

So this one's short, a single 12 episode series, but it's pretty darn good. I definitely recommend watching it. It's got a good story arc, and an interesting wrinkle on the time travel gag, and even if the twist is a little telegraphed, it's still enjoyable to watch.

fade

Staff member
I really enjoyed Erased. Reminded me a little of a better take on Butterfly Effect, without Kutchering it up. Seemed like it was left ambiguous whether he was actually traveling through time or if it was just a coping mechanism, and I liked that.

I have watched way too much anime lately, but I highly recommend Ergo Proxy. It's got a good Blade Runner vibe. The only negative really is that the story can be TOO confusing and obfuscated, though have patience--they do clearly explain everything in the ending episode. But they definitely make you wait for it.

Eh, Ergo Proxy. I enjoyed the first 3rd when they were in Romdeau (?) but felt the last 2/3rd dragged and the ending felt slapped together. It did look fantastic though, gotta give it that. IIRC the time loop episode was a good one, too.

The names of the KyoAni victims are gradually being released. One just announced was Takemoto Yasuhiro. Director of Dragon Maid, Lucky Star, and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzimiya. He was 47. :(

The names of the KyoAni victims are gradually being released. One just announced was Takemoto Yasuhiro. Director of Dragon Maid, Lucky Star, and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzimiya. He was 47. :(
What a bummer, I like every one of those :(.

The fire was a big devastating blow to the anime industry with all the talents lost. It also will have lasting effects on KyoAni for years to come with the past, present and future being consumed by the fire.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba

Not gonna lie, the Oni feel more like vampires than traditional oni. Not bad so far mind you, but I feel they could've called this "Vampire Slayer" and it would've made just as if not more sense.

Edit: Okay so once again the premise is NOTHING unique...but I don't mind it. The characters are likable, the universe is genuinely solid, and the animation is great, so I'm good.

Last edited:
Re:Creators penultimate episode, why did you have to make me cry so bad? I needed to read more subtitles ...

On the flip side, Girls und Panzer is powerfully cute.

GasBandit

Staff member
Nichijou got an english dub.

I never watched the original/sub.

I tried watching the first episode today.

This is some ridiculous, barely watchable weebshit.

It's like... somebody watched Azumanga Daioh and said "I can do that, but make it make even less sense, have characters much more irritating, translate even more poorly, and have even more jokes that fall flat or miss their beat entirely - all with almost none of the endearing qualities!"

Last edited:
I tried watching a couple episodes of Nichijou. I mean to try it again, but it seems like one of those shows best appreciated in gif form.