[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
I KNEW I recognized this seiyuu (voice actor).

You thought he was President Shirogane's father, BUT IT WAS ME, DIO!!

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
Aw mannnn...

the trailer for the Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? anime makes it look like a shitty mobile game. So much lazy CG.

Also the character design has gone completely to shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
3D Kanojo: Real Girl (AKA "3D Girlfriend")

Couldn't even make it half way through the first episode. The animation is sloppy, the voice acting is awkward and poorly cast, the premise is trite and the dialog is painful to listen to.

Basically it's about a girl-hating anime nerd incel who meets a girl that changes his life and makes him think maybe girls aren't so bad after all. A textbook MPDG story in anime form. It just got a second season so I thought it might be worth watching, but nope. I can see why it was so poorly rated on MAL.

How does this get a second season, when so many other good shows don't get picked up again...

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
One Punch Man Season 2, Episode 2 has me feeling better about the new season than the previous episode did.

Jury's still out on Isekai Quartet.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
Ple Ple Pleiades was better.
Yeah, I WANT to like this, but it's too slapdash, and they've got too many characters with too much going on for a 10 minute show. And the premise is absolutely taking the longest, yellowest piss ever.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
Oh hey, Code Geass: Lelouche of the Resurrection is coming to american theaters too, with a dub!

Dammit, they changed Lelouche's voice actor :/

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
Well, apparently that IS still Jonny Yong Bosch, I guess he must have just gone through puberty or something over the last 10 years, heh.

Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
Oh look, anime memes about a series OTHER than shield hero are starting to hit imgur's front page. Well, let's see what this is about... (typing in search) The Helpful Fox Senko-san....

"Nakano is an employee of an exploitative "black" company, who meets a divine fox spirit named Senko. While she looks like a young girl, Senko is in fact 800 years old..."