[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

started wedding peach, its like sailor moons retarded inbreed step sister. love sick, boy crazy high school freshman who pretend to be marrying cute boys while fighting devils or some shit. its good and bad, and i dont know how it got two seasons.

started wedding peach, its like sailor moons retarded inbreed step sister. love sick, boy crazy high school freshman who pretend to be marrying cute boys while fighting devils or some shit. its good and bad, and i dont know how it got two seasons.
I saw wedding peach the last time 20 years ago and I can say I didn't miss it.

Dirty Pair Project Eden

Amazingly this one got an cinematic release back in 1987 Japan and I honestly don't know why. The story is as basic as it can get and a bit boring. Sent to the planet Agerna to investigate a feud between two opposing factions, Kei and Yuri must find out why strange creatures are attacking Vizorium test plants (Plot summary copy past from anime news network) The big bad of the story Dr. Watzmann is not very interesting or menacing and feels like Dr. Doofenschmirtz. He even has his own jingle. His creatures are not better, cannon fodder at best. The whole thing feels like a 2 episode short story arc from the tv show (I never watched the tv show) that was expand to make one really bland movie. Bland and boring is also how I would describe the german dub. Usually the german dub for anime movies (and for some shows) is really good and I never watch them subbed. But here it is clear where the distributor saved money. At least the music was good.

I saw wedding peach the last time 20 years ago and I can say I didn't miss it.

Dirty Pair Project Eden

Amazingly this one got an cinematic release back in 1987 Japan and I honestly don't know why. The story is as basic as it can get and a bit boring. Sent to the planet Agerna to investigate a feud between two opposing factions, Kei and Yuri must find out why strange creatures are attacking Vizorium test plants (Plot summary copy past from anime news network) The big bad of the story Dr. Watzmann is not very interesting or menacing and feels like Dr. Doofenschmirtz. He even has his own jingle. His creatures are not better, cannon fodder at best. The whole thing feels like a 2 episode short story arc from the tv show (I never watched the tv show) that was expand to make one really bland movie. Bland and boring is also how I would describe the german dub. Usually the german dub for anime movies (and for some shows) is really good and I never watch them subbed. But here it is clear where the distributor saved money. At least the music was good.
Yeah i watched one disc and decided to try something else. I agree on the dirty pair movie, i too felt like it was an aborted two-parter. I now started on no-rin, which seems kinda fun. it takes place in an ag school when a super idol retires and comes there to study. the mc is a super fan and its all about their interactions.

Unless you're watching Cowboy Bebop, FLCL or Gurren Lagann, odds are the subs are better.

The only other exception I can think of is Dragonball Super because the VAs are old and sound terrible now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Unless you're watching Cowboy Bebop, FLCL or Gurren Lagann, odds are the subs are better.

The only other exception I can think of is Dragonball Super because the VAs are old and sound terrible now.
I tried to watch Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods yesterday. The voices were all wrong. Because they weren't Team Four Star >_<

GasBandit

Staff member
I finally caved to convenience and subscribed to crunchyroll.

Ha ha ha ha ha... the dubbed version of Ghost Stories they have is the gag dub! XD Guess I'm rewatching that!

Sailor Moon is pretty iconic though. I didn't cry that they didn't know Eva or Trigun.
how the fuck can you not identify Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon? I know an entire cadre of ladyfolk who would murder me where i stood if I couldnt identify Usagi Tsukino from a line up!

GasBandit

Staff member
how the fuck can you not identify Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon? I know an entire cadre of ladyfolk who would murder me where i stood if I couldnt identify Usagi Tsukino from a line up!
That's because you don't hang out with 17 year olds.

Ok, minor correction, my husband cried when they called Eva Gundam.

I guess Sailor Moon needs more memes, because they all knew Dragon Ball Z. To be fair, only two people didn't know Sailor Moon on sight, and only 1 had never heard of it, but Sailor Moon was meant to be one of the gimme answers.

I guess Sailor Moon needs more memes, because they all knew Dragon Ball Z. To be fair, only two people didn't know Sailor Moon on sight, and only 1 had never heard of it, but Sailor Moon was meant to be one of the gimme answers.
You thought you could delete your post to the Random Crap thread in time without people noticing-THINK AGAIN!

GasBandit

Staff member

I guess Sailor Moon needs more memes, because they all knew Dragon Ball Z.
Sailor Moon used to have memes, but unfortunately they too were back in the 90s.

(She ate balls. I'd link examples but they pretty much all went on geocities, which is long defunct)

The most confusing part of Sailor Moon for me as a kid was how Tuxedo Mask would say her hair looked like meatballs. It was not until adulthood, that I realized he was talking about the spherical parts on the top of her hair. Still though, they were barely the shape of balls of meat. As I was a typing this, Strong Bad's voice rang through my thought pan for some reason.