[TV] The Walking Dead

That was a piisssssss poor episode. Awkward direction, horrible acting, poor action, the writing was sloppy and well, just horrible in general.

The brightest point was the end: because a new director would take over the next episode (Ok, and some movement back towards the comic book plot)

I will say that I've found a new side of Andrea I don't mind seeing...

I am for one feel guilty for bringing in the lying Talking Dead information. The director specifically said
that Carol was dead
and it obviously wasn't the case.

Yes this episode was a -builder- episode and yes I yelled -You stupid bitch Andrea- again this episode. On the other hand I'm royally pissed off because
Glenn/Maggie are two of my favorite characters and I'm deathly afraid of what's going to happen to them under Merle's -care-

The final scene was worth it all though.

Worst part about this episode? Hearing at the end
-Stay Tuned for Next Week's Mid-Season Finale-
and realizing they are going to crush us with some heavy hitting shit then disappear for months again:

ryUoh.gif

There are few words strung together that make me as mad as mid-season finale does.

HBO, plays a season through.
Showtime, plays a season through.

AMC, you should have more in common with them than common network nonsense.

FUCK YOU.

fade

Staff member
Eh, can't say the gratuitous Andrea scenes did much for me. I find her so grating that it cancels any physical attraction.

Eh, can't say the gratuitous Andrea scenes did much for me. I find her so grating that it cancels any physical attraction.
I don't find her grating as much as I find her unbelievably stupid. Which is also a massive turn off regardless of physical features.

Oh god... she was so much better in the comics at this point. I'm really hoping she dies by the end of this season or the whole situation with Woodbury and the Governor makes her STOP ACTING LIKE AN IDIOT, because I can't take another season of Andrea being a moron.

I don't know if it was their intent to make this character such a turnoff by brilliant acting by the actress or simply being a horrible actress and missing across the board.

New T-Dawg died, but it's ok, they've got an even bigger New New T-Dawg now, ready to join the gang.
[DOUBLEPOST=1354504692]

I was literally screaming at the screen multiple times, heart pounding like crazy, hands trembling.

I can easily say I haven't been this attached to a show or it's characters since Firefly. Which if you know me at all, that's saying something momentous. I'm still recovering from that episode and I'll have enough time to recover.... February? Arrrrgh!

This episode was so many convenient contrivances that I haven't been as turned off of the show as I was at the end of the first season.

That was fucking brutal to watch.

Yeah, how many conveniently timed smoke grenades did it take to keep characters from recognizing each other? Was it 3 or 4?

I saw them.

You did?

Yeah, it was a black guy in a jump suit, the only person there I wouldn't recognize immediately. He is also the only one who will be killed, because he's both unimportant and someone I wouldn't recognize.

Then there's the whole Michonne/Andrea encounter, which could've solved a TON of problems with a fucking single sentence. I get Michonne not communicating properly with anyone else, but she had been with Andrea by herself for nearly a year.

I'd been pretty onboard this show after it's abysmal 1/2 of the second season and was all in on this season so far, but holy shit did it have to try way to fucking hard to keep the story from resolving itself more.

Hey, I know I'm being overly harsh and hyperbolic about the whole thin, and some cool shit happened and set up some cool shit to happen. I just think it wasn't great how they went about it.

Yeah, how many conveniently timed smoke grenades did it take to keep characters from recognizing each other? Was it 3 or 4?

I saw them.

You did?

Yeah, it was a black guy in a jump suit, the only person there I wouldn't recognize immediately. He is also the only one who will be killed, because he's both unimportant and someone I wouldn't recognize.

And on and on and on.

I'd been pretty onboard this show after it's abysmal 1/2 of the second season and was all in on this season so far, but holy shit did it have to try way to fucking hard to keep the story from resolving itself more.
They did two smoke grenades to hide recognizing which was resolved within the same episode by the end. Dunno what story didn't get resolved by -convenient contrivances-

It wasn't resolved though.

Anyways, again, I know I'm being overly harsh.

Here's my thoughts on what I think is to come:

I think this is the governor's plan to make Merle the mole in the prison.

I think Andrea continues to be awful all the way until the end, then they'll try to redeem her.

I think that the second I saw there was a new black male character, that of course the old new black male was doomed just as his appearance doomed T-Dog because holy shit, no more than one black male, test audiences disapprove otherwise.

But they were, the first smoke bomb was to:
Hide Daryl and Merle from seeing each other, which they do in the end of the episode
the second one was to:
Have Andrea not find out that it was Rick's group, which she does when she sees Daryl in the end

Even:
Rick finds out that Merle is there when Glenn tells the group

It's not resolved yet, that's the first part of resolution. It bummed me out that they used the smoke bombs to drag out keeping each group from finding out until they were separate so they could drag out the whole thing getting resolved. I should have expected it though, this being the MID-SEASON-FINALE.

It had some genuinely tense shit, but like I have said, not keen on how it was handled. Done arguing about it, so if you point by point it as you are probably going to do, I'm not gonna respond on this any further.

It's not resolved yet, that's the first part of resolution. It bummed me out that they used the smoke bombs to drag out keeping each group from finding out until they were separate so they could drag out the whole thing getting resolved. I should have expected it though, this being the MID-SEASON-FINALE.

It had some genuinely tense shit, but like I have said, not keen on how it was handled. Done arguing about it, so if you point by point it as you are probably going to do, I'm not gonna respond on this any further.
I'm right, you're wrong, I'm not going to listen anymore, nananana?

K

Anyways, that's how I feel about, you continuing to argue it does no one any good. That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying, I'm right, you're wrong. It's of my opinion that a lot of tonight's episode felt contrived to keep the story going longer and it's your opinion that it's not.

I dunno, maybe I hold the show to a higher standard than I should (and this is not saying the show isn't good, just my standard is impossibly high). I love the source material something fierce that anything I see as a flaw is blown up way bigger than it should be. It's a stupid fanboy thing to do.[DOUBLEPOST=1354523597][/DOUBLEPOST]Like I had said before above, shit I think is to come:

I think this is the governor's plan to make Merle the mole in the prison. I'd say it might mean the end of Darryl, but this show doesn't have the balls to off it's most popular character, at least not until the end of the season, but we'll see, they could prove me wrong.

I think Andrea continues to be awful and completely fucking dense all the way until the end, then they'll try to redeem her.

I think that the second I saw there was a new black male character, that of course the old new black male was doomed just as his appearance doomed T-Dog because holy shit, no more than one black male, test audiences disapprove otherwise. New black guy better watch out if they run into any new black guys or he is fucked.